SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Morgan,

Need your help. I had to reinstall sagetv to fix an issue where I couldn't connect with my extender. After re-installng, your plugin which had been working great stopped. When I select a channel to browse I don't see anything. I am attaching a suspicious section of my logfile. Any Ideas?

Code:
Wed 10/8 23:13:54.775 setUI(sage.b1@1edb587[NetFlix Movie Details]) histIdx=9 uiHistory=[sage.b1@18f1327[NetFlix Browse Genre], sage.b1@1abfbc6[NetFlix Channel Movies], sage.b1@127a6bc[NetFlix Main Menu], sage.b1@e7cb66[NetFlix Channel List], sage.b1@11cd8cc[NetFlix Channel Movies], sage.b1@1edb587[NetFlix Movie Details], sage.b1@127a6bc[NetFlix Main Menu], sage.b1@e7cb66[NetFlix Channel List], sage.b1@11cd8cc[NetFlix Channel Movies], sage.b1@1edb587[NetFlix Movie Details]]
Wed 10/8 23:13:54.776 Parsing Error: No expression entered

Expression: 
Wed 10/8 23:13:55.161 EXCEPTION in getValueAsObject:sage.a.e: Error in method reflection of org_gnu_dwarf_sage_netflix_show_ShowBrowseManager_updateShow of java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException for:org_gnu_dwarf_sage_netflix_show_ShowBrowseManager_updateShow(show)
Old 10-12-2008, 10:14 PM
Sage User

Troubles browsing DVDs, channels, and searching, etc...

Is anyone else no longer able to browse DVDs, Channels or perform searches? The only thing working for me now is reviewing/modifying my DVD queue, so I know log-in details are accurate. I've also validated things work from the browser side, I saw this once before and after running through IE validation and restarting Sage, everything worked. This round, even though I've changed nothing for many weeks, parts of the plug-in stopped working a few days ago. I'll go review the trouble shooting and log creation steps to post a more informative post, soon. I just thought I'd check to see if anyone else is having problems. Since I didn't change anything, I was thinking maybe there were changes on the Netflix side. But, since it's been a few days and no one else is posting issues, that's not looking likely.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I just tried this out and it works perfect! Excellent improvement Morgan!!!!
Yep, just spent all weekend watching movies from my Watch Instantly Queue with this. Works great! Thanks again Morgan.

mbowe,
All I can tell you is that I spent all weekend surfing my watch instantly queue using this plug-in, which appears as a channel, and all was fine. Sorry I don't have more info.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:05 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by petereader View Post
Yep, just spent all weekend watching movies from my Watch Instantly Queue with this. Works great! Thanks again Morgan.

mbowe,
All I can tell you is that I spent all weekend surfing my watch instantly queue using this plug-in, which appears as a channel, and all was fine. Sorry I don't have more info.

Thanks petereader, I was afraid that was going to be the case. Looks like it's me, unless, like some of the issues seen over in the VMC world in the early Netflix plugin days, it's a regional issue. I'll have to dig into deeper troubleshooting. I hate when issues crop up after weeks/months of solid performance with no known changes by me. When I tweak, that's my fault, but I really tried to stay hand's off this time. ;-)
Old 10-18-2008, 08:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Exclamation Compatibility issue with SageMC 6.3.8

Hi Morgan, just an FYI...

In Poster view, the font is now gigantic after upgrading to SageMC 6.3.8.

Any chance you could make it SageMC 6.3.8 friendly please?

EDIT: While I have your attention, is there any way to sort the new releases by release year (chronological order)?

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 10-18-2008 at 08:15 PM.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:44 AM
Sage User

I know this is probably a system resource issue but I thought I'd ping you guys anyway...

Lately I've noticed that watch it now playback will be sporadically choppy at times. This occurs both for streaming vids and downloaded netflix vids. When I checked the task manager netflixviewer.exe is maxing out my CPU.

I'm not sure if something changed on my system or not -- I have plenty of space, cleared out the temp internet items folder and direct-x video acceleration is enabled in WMP.

I know I'm using this on an underpowered box (1.7 GHz Via C7 Proc with a gig of ram...) but what's strange is that playback was fine earlier. Any ideas guys?

Or perhaps I should phrase it this way: what are the recommended system video playback settings for optimal/smooth playback?

Thanks,

MB

P.S. All other video playback in sage works fine... it's only netflix video that's choppy. Playback in IE on netflix is a little choppy too.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:30 AM

Browse is blank

Install went fine (I thought). I am using SageMC 6.3.8. I can view my Queue and Channels fine, but all of the Browse catagories (DVD, Watch It Now, New Titles) are blank. I have provided my ID, Username, and Password. Am I missing something?
Old 10-25-2008, 07:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbowe View Post
Thanks petereader, I was afraid that was going to be the case. Looks like it's me, unless, like some of the issues seen over in the VMC world in the early Netflix plugin days, it's a regional issue. I'll have to dig into deeper troubleshooting. I hate when issues crop up after weeks/months of solid performance with no known changes by me. When I tweak, that's my fault, but I really tried to stay hand's off this time. ;-)
Not just you, mine used to work fine and has stopped working. Only thing working is the queue management.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:23 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Hi Morgan, just an FYI...

In Poster view, the font is now gigantic after upgrading to SageMC 6.3.8.

Any chance you could make it SageMC 6.3.8 friendly please?

EDIT: While I have your attention, is there any way to sort the new releases by release year (chronological order)?
I had figured on waiting a bit before installing the new SageMC to let any general issues get cleared up and I think I need to go ahead with that one now. That font issue should not be too bad to clear up.

I don't think there was an option to receive the order in chron order. I can look at sorting the received list that way. It would only work on the batch of titles received at a time. If I get 50 at a time, those 50 would be sorted, then hitting "More" would grab a new batch that would be sorted, if that makes sense what I just said.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:30 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawhn View Post
Install went fine (I thought). I am using SageMC 6.3.8. I can view my Queue and Channels fine, but all of the Browse catagories (DVD, Watch It Now, New Titles) are blank. I have provided my ID, Username, and Password. Am I missing something?
The queue and channels use the ID "P.....". Browsing will be affected by invalid username (email) and password. Double check that and go ahead and restart sage in case you change that, although that should not be necessary now. Also check to make sure you can brows netflix on your internet browser OK. Have you updated to any newer version of Java? I'm on 1.6-04 but I know there are newer versions out.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

So, I noticed that the Netflix service will be including HD movies (XBox 360 only at first).
Awesome. However, it sounds like the service is moving to Silverlight. How will this affect the best plugin ever?

HTPC/Server: A8 3850; Win 7 Home x86 + Java 1.6.0_26; Sage 7.1.9; Driving Epson 8500 pj @ 1080p | Office: Core2Duo E8500 w/ EFI-X running OS X 10.5 & Win 7 Pro x64 (dual boot) + Java 1.6.0_20; Sage 7.0.23; Driving 30" Samsung 1900x1200 monitor
Old 10-30-2008, 01:38 PM
Sage User

New Sage user here. Just tried adding Netflix but I'm running into a problem. When I try to Watch Now, the player comes up, then a small window asks for my Netflix login info. I don't think that window should be there. Also, it doesn't allow me to type into the window. It seems to constantly lose focus.

I can watch Netflix Watch Now using Internet Explorer on this PC and I've checked a few times that I have the correct login in name (email address) and password entered in Sage.

One thing a little strange about my system is I installed Sage into c:\myapps (instead of c:\program files\sage....). The reason is I'm using Vista and want to keep UAC enabled. Does the netflix code require particular folder location?

I also noticed there are 3 entries in the setup. A user id, user name, and password (I'm not in front of the PC right now so the labels might be a little off). I figured the user name (2nd one in the list) was my Netflix login name (email address). For the 1st entry I just typed in my name.

I have the latest version of Sage and SageMC installed.

Thanks!
Old 10-30-2008, 02:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Log into Netflix watch now via Internet Explorer first. After you get it working in Internet Explorer, you can close Internet Explorer, and try it again in Netflix. You shouldn't be prompted again in SageTV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave62 View Post
New Sage user here. Just tried adding Netflix but I'm running into a problem. When I try to Watch Now, the player comes up, then a small window asks for my Netflix login info. I don't think that window should be there. Also, it doesn't allow me to type into the window. It seems to constantly lose focus.

I can watch Netflix Watch Now using Internet Explorer on this PC and I've checked a few times that I have the correct login in name (email address) and password entered in Sage.

One thing a little strange about my system is I installed Sage into c:\myapps (instead of c:\program files\sage....). The reason is I'm using Vista and want to keep UAC enabled. Does the netflix code require particular folder location?

I also noticed there are 3 entries in the setup. A user id, user name, and password (I'm not in front of the PC right now so the labels might be a little off). I figured the user name (2nd one in the list) was my Netflix login name (email address). For the 1st entry I just typed in my name.

I have the latest version of Sage and SageMC installed.

Thanks!

***RIP SageTV***
Old 10-30-2008, 05:23 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Log into Netflix watch now via Internet Explorer first. After you get it working in Internet Explorer, you can close Internet Explorer, and try it again in Netflix. You shouldn't be prompted again in SageTV.
Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, that's exactly what I did and it didn't work. I just tried again, same results. I also noticed my queue isn't showing anything.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:34 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111 View Post
The queue and channels use the ID "P.....". Browsing will be affected by invalid username (email) and password....
Can you explain what "P..." means ?

There are 2 entries, one for "Netflix ID" and one for "username".
On my netflix account login with Explorer, I just have a Sign in name.
I don't think I have a Netflix ID ?
Old 10-30-2008, 05:35 PM
SageTVaholic

You can do what I did. But you have to be VERY quick. It's not a great solution, but I know it works for sure. Using the mouse, click on the login dialog box, IMMEDIATELY after clicking on the dialog box press the character you want. You need to press the mouse button to shift focus to the dialog box and press a key before the dialog box loses focus. You have to do that for each and every single character for the username and password.

I'm not sure what others do.

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, that's exactly what I did and it didn't work. I just tried again, same results. I also noticed my queue isn't showing anything.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 10-30-2008, 06:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Can you explain what "P..." means ?

There are 2 entries, one for "Netflix ID" and one for "username".
On my netflix account login with Explorer, I just have a Sign in name.
I don't think I have a Netflix ID ?
Yes you do. Go to the Netflix site and find the RSS hyperlink at the bottom of the page and click on it. If you're logged into Netflix (that's your user name which is usually your email address)then on this page you will see the "P" number. That's your Netflix ID and everything after the id= needs to be entered. (Or copied and pasted) If you went into Internet Explorer (not Sage) and can't get Netflix to stream a movie to you something else is wrong. First make sure you quit Sage and go to Netflix thru Internet Explorer and install their player and stream a movie. You DID do that first, right?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
You can do what I did. But you have to be VERY quick. It's not a great solution, but I know it works for sure. Using the mouse, click on the login dialog box, IMMEDIATELY after clicking on the dialog box press the character you want. You need to press the mouse button to shift focus to the dialog box and press a key before the dialog box loses focus. You have to do that for each and every single character for the username and password.

That is how I had to do it as well, now that I think about it.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:29 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Yes you do. Go to the Netflix site and find the RSS hyperlink at the bottom of the page and click on it. If you're logged into Netflix (that's your user name which is usually your email address)then on this page you will see the "P" number. That's your Netflix ID and everything after the id= needs to be entered. (Or copied and pasted)
Thanks Gerry! That info was also in the setup screen in SageTV. I must be blind.

Quote:

Thanks mkanet, that plus Gerry's suggestion did it. For others that may have this problem, you can also use copy/paste to paste your username and password with a single keystroke. Paste is Ctrl+V

NetFlix watch now is working for me
Old 11-01-2008, 10:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

Looks like Netflix has gone live with a public beta of their Silverlight player: http://www.netflix.com/silverlightoptin
Beware! if you say yes to this, it will break all WMP-based playback, including (presumably) this plug-in.

HTPC/Server: A8 3850; Win 7 Home x86 + Java 1.6.0_26; Sage 7.1.9; Driving Epson 8500 pj @ 1080p | Office: Core2Duo E8500 w/ EFI-X running OS X 10.5 & Win 7 Pro x64 (dual boot) + Java 1.6.0_20; Sage 7.0.23; Driving 30" Samsung 1900x1200 monitor