SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-01-2008, 04:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, that's great news. It really makes the Watch Now feature usable!

***RIP SageTV***
Old 10-04-2008, 09:09 PM
Sage Expert

Morgan - noticed you've been following the Netflix API thread. You looking into modifying your code to use the new API to pull things like meta-data, album art, etc? Could hopefully the bugs you were having previously with "screen scraping" this info every time Netflix changes something in their HTML.
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 10-05-2008, 12:26 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Wow, just going through a few pages of the new Starz movies already available I saw 10-12 movies I'd want to watch! Quite an improvement.
I agree. I just noticed these this today. AWESOME!
Old 10-05-2008, 04:29 PM
Sage User

I've been meaning to ask this for awhile...

The movie ratings that appear in movie descriptions. Is that the personalized netflix rating for my specific account? Or the average rating?
Old 10-05-2008, 09:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
Lazysean,

I'm also experiencing crashes with Netflix when I try to search for a title.
I have started to experience crashes when browsing through the movie titles.
I haven't used Netflix in a while but thought I would check it out again after hearing there were new things happening there.

I can watch movies and all but 3 times today while paging through the titles
Windows crashed all the way to the BSOD.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

Morgan:
Maybe I missed this somewhere, but are there plans to do the following:
1) Provide a way to browse the Starz movies as a separate category.
2) Add movies to watch instantly queue on web page and see and select them from netflix plugin? (I think I may have asked about this one in the past, but I can't remember.)

Mitch
Old 10-07-2008, 10:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch G View Post
2) Add movies to watch instantly queue on web page and see and select them from netflix plugin? (I think I may have asked about this one in the past, but I can't remember.)

Mitch
This is a big one for me. I believe Morgan mentioned in the past that without an RSS feed for the watch instantly queue, he can't implement it. I'm hoping with the API out, this may now become a possibility.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:56 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecgmguy View Post
I've been meaning to ask this for awhile...

The movie ratings that appear in movie descriptions. Is that the personalized netflix rating for my specific account? Or the average rating?
That is the average rating. I should be able to add the user rating without much problem. I can look into an input option to set a user rating.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:05 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzy View Post
I have started to experience crashes when browsing through the movie titles.
I haven't used Netflix in a while but thought I would check it out again after hearing there were new things happening there.

I can watch movies and all but 3 times today while paging through the titles
Windows crashed all the way to the BSOD.
Perhaps you could go to Control Panel-Administrative Tools-Event Viewer and see if there is some details on the crash.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:33 PM
Sage Fanatic

Minor bone here since I haven't released something for a while..

They have added the instant queue to the RSS channels. I have a modified jar file *HERE* that adds the Instant Queue channel. After installing this with Sage closed down, you will see a new channel (Watch Now Q) that will list any Watch Now videos that are added to your queue.

The Starz unfortunately cannot be accessed like another genre but needs a bit more to add, but that will be coming as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch G View Post
Morgan:
Maybe I missed this somewhere, but are there plans to do the following:
1) Provide a way to browse the Starz movies as a separate category.

Mitch
Old 10-08-2008, 01:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Nice. Thanks Morgan - I'll give this a shot when I get home.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111 View Post
They have added the instant queue to the RSS channels. I have a modified jar file *HERE* that adds the Instant Queue channel. After installing this with Sage closed down, you will see a new channel (Watch Now Q) that will list any Watch Now videos that are added to your queue.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you Morgan for getting to this piece so quickly.

As far as I'm concerned, that's the one element of Netflix I felt this plug-in was missing. You can bet I'll be trying this when I get home.

If all goes well, you won't be hearing from me for a while...I'll be too busy watching movies
Old 10-08-2008, 06:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi,

finally got around to try the 'WatchNow' functionality on my headless WHS server with the loopback hack (had to go through hoops to get WMP11 installed). Now - when I start a WatchNow video, all I get is a black screen in SageTV on the loopback channel. Though looking at my server via VNC, I see stuff happening: It displays "Connecting to media...", "Downloading media rights usage...", and then "Ready":

And at this point I am stuck... Has anyone else got this working on a headless WHS server ?

Thanks,
Dirk
Old 10-08-2008, 06:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Having a Watch-Now Queue list mitigates not having a Starz channel since I can find those movies on-line and add them to my Queue there. So, this new jar should be great.
I have to wait until 10 to try it, though, since there's all sorts of recording going on right now.

Mitch
Old 10-08-2008, 07:02 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Hi,

finally got around to try the 'WatchNow' functionality on my headless WHS server with the loopback hack (had to go through hoops to get WMP11 installed). Now - when I start a WatchNow video, all I get is a black screen in SageTV on the loopback channel. Though looking at my server via VNC, I see stuff happening: It displays "Connecting to media...", "Downloading media rights usage...", and then "Ready":

And at this point I am stuck... Has anyone else got this working on a headless WHS server ?

Thanks,
Dirk
Dirk, make sure that you can watch a movie on that machine from the NetFlix site. Perhaps the WMP does not have the required NetFlix DRM updates or it does not have the NetFlix login cookies for authentication already.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Make sure you can watch "Watch It Now" movies outside of SageTV on that machine, that was my problem originally.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I just tried this out and it works perfect! Excellent improvement Morgan!!!!
Old 10-08-2008, 07:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Dirk, make sure that you can watch a movie on that machine from the NetFlix site. Perhaps the WMP does not have the required NetFlix DRM updates or it does not have the NetFlix login cookies for authentication already.
Yeah, that's indeed the problem, I can't. I always get

Code:
Microsoft DRM software error
Your Microsoft Digital Rights Management software is not working properly and needs to be reset.

To resolve this issue, please call Netflix technical support at 1-866-402-2616, or contact technical support here and report the following error code:

If you are comfortable running a utility to fix this problem yourself, you may also follow the instructions in our FAQ on the Reset DRM Utility.
WMPError(C00D11B1)

Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file. For additional assistance, click Web Help.
I already tried to reset DRM, etc, but to no avail. I think it's all because it's just a 'hacked' WMP11 install (WHS does not allow to install WMP11). I hoped someone else here with WHS might have found a solution...

But thanks anyway,

Dirk
Old 10-08-2008, 09:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Dirk,

What's connected to your video card? I believe you need to be connected to the VGA port for the DRM stuff to be happy. I was having problems when all I had connected was S-Video. One solution to this is to make a little VGA jumper like this:
http://tvtool.info/go.htm?http://tvt...sh/dummy_e.htm

Mitch
Old 10-08-2008, 09:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

Morgan: Works great! Thanks.

Mitch