SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:26 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch G View Post
I discovered what could be a smallish bug.
I have the one at a time plan which also means I can only view one stream at a time. Well, if using the browser, apparently the only way to tell the Netflix server that I am done watching a program is by clicking the back to browsing button. Otherwise, the connection to the Netflix server is left open. I have a feeling that the Netflix plugin doesn't send this magical message. So, even though the connection is closed automatically after an hour, if someone watches a movie using the plugin back at home, I have to wait an hour to watch a movie on my PC if I'm on the road.

Mitch
That could be tricky. I can capture data sent back to NetFlix on that selection, but it could be something from the player or some other coordination that is not apparent. I will do a trace though to see if there is something obvious about that.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111 View Post
That could be tricky. I can capture data sent back to NetFlix on that selection, but it could be something from the player or some other coordination that is not apparent. I will do a trace though to see if there is something obvious about that.
Yeah. If it's something goofy, don't sweat it. I don't travel that much on business anyway.

Mitch
Old 08-17-2008, 07:12 PM
Sage User

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not... but if I select the download option for a series (e.g. office season 1, Heroes Season 2, etc), I'm only able to view the first episode... when I navigate to downloaded movies, it doesn't have an option to view episodes.

The downloads go pretty quickly so I wouldn't be surprised if its only downloading the first episode.

This of course works fine if I choose to stream the individual episodes.

-MB
Old 08-18-2008, 02:35 PM
Sage Fanatic

Has anyone had a problem where they can no longer browse anything. Lately the only thing I can access is my queue. Has anyone seen this happen. I'm not sure I changed anything so can't determine the cause. When I select any of the browse options it takes me into the section screen, but nothing shows up, no covers, nothing. I'm running the latest version.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naylia View Post
Has anyone had a problem where they can no longer browse anything. Lately the only thing I can access is my queue. Has anyone seen this happen. I'm not sure I changed anything so can't determine the cause. Running the latest version.
I was just browsing/watching last night on a fresh install of latest SageMC/Netflix/SageTV without any issues.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:50 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Has anyone had a problem where they can no longer browse anything. Lately the only thing I can access is my queue. Has anyone seen this happen. I'm not sure I changed anything so can't determine the cause. When I select any of the browse options it takes me into the section screen, but nothing shows up, no covers, nothing. I'm running the latest version.
Works fine for me. I just tested right now.

-MB
Old 08-18-2008, 04:08 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
You should first check your username and password settings to make sure they are still correct. The queue list will be viewable from the ID number.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:11 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecgmguy View Post
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not... but if I select the download option for a series (e.g. office season 1, Heroes Season 2, etc), I'm only able to view the first episode... when I navigate to downloaded movies, it doesn't have an option to view episodes.

The downloads go pretty quickly so I wouldn't be surprised if its only downloading the first episode.

This of course works fine if I choose to stream the individual episodes.

-MB
When Selecting download from the main screen for a video that has episode, I automatically just grab the first episode. I suppose it may be reasonable to prompt to queue all episodes for download or just the first.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:25 PM
Sage Fanatic

I'll take a look, it might have broken when playing around with installing pandora. I think I need to delete my many .stv versions and start from scratch installing from the clean SageMC install. Probably lost my username/pass along the way.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:00 AM
Sage Fanatic

Hmm...can't figure out what's up. Did a clean reimport and made sure all settings were correct, but still don't see anything anywhere except the queue. It even still finds movies i downloaded before and lets me play them.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:23 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111 View Post
When Selecting download from the main screen for a video that has episode, I automatically just grab the first episode. I suppose it may be reasonable to prompt to queue all episodes for download or just the first.
A prompt would be great. My daughter and I figured this out when we went to watch the second episode of Heroes Season 1

Previously I had looked at the downloaded file size and though "man that's small for an entire season". Guess that's what I get for ass-summing.

I owe you a log file, and will get it to you, unfortunately "real-life" has gotten in the way of playing. . .
Old 08-20-2008, 01:20 PM
Sage Expert

I recently joined Netflix and naturally had to download this plugin the second I joined. It's working great so far... well done Morgan!

One bug/potential item to enhance is when you're browsing watchnow titles. I recently browsed watch now titles, chose Action/Adventure and scrolled all the way through to the bottom. I then went back a screen and chose Drama instead but when Drama appears, instead of it starting at the top of the list, it starts at the very bottom.

Is there a way to fix it such that browsing between different genres starts you at the top of the list rather than picking up from the location of the last viewed genre?
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 08-20-2008, 05:04 PM
Sage User

Custom Player won't FF or REW videos longer than 60 min

I've downloaded about 15 different full-length movies from Netflix: The Host, Unforgiven, King of Kong, Phantasm, Eraserhead, Team America World Police, 9 1/2 Weeks, etc.

None of these downloaded movies will FF or REW with my MCE remote.

On the other hand, every downloaded program I've tried that's under 60 minutes works perfectly: episodes of Dexter, The Office, 30 Rock, etc.

Also, when I stop playback on a movie that's longer than 60 minutes, the movie starts at the beginning when I play it again.

When I stop playback on a program of less than 60 minutes, the program resumes where I left off.

The above has been true for me with downloaded videos of any bitrate.

Any ideas? Is anyone else experiencing this, or is it just me?

Last edited by tinycorkscrew; 08-20-2008 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Clarity
Old 08-22-2008, 06:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yet another feature request ...
It would be nice if the downloaded netflix movies files had a name related to the title of the movie or tv show.
The reason I ask is because I sometimes go straight to the download directory and delete movies and it's hard to tell which file is for what movie.
Once again, this is not a critical feature, but if it's pretty straight forward ....

Mitch
Old 08-23-2008, 06:01 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69
The strangest thing I did a clean reinstall of sagetv so I could clear up some issues and clean up the directory I got everything working again accept for play it now, no drm issues or anything, just no watch it now I click play and I get the netflix player open window but no netflix player and I cannot select a bitrate to download for later it just sticks on the screen till I click close like the netflix player isn't getting called
Old 08-23-2008, 11:09 PM
Sage User

HD Extender in PS mode?

Any chance the HD Extender could play back natively (no video loopback hack) while in PlaceShifter mode? My understanding was that this is a transcoding mode.

I have an nvidia card that is very finicky with it's s-vid out.
Old 08-24-2008, 02:13 AM
SageTVaholic

I don't believe it could, as the video is not really getting to sage at all, it is instead running in a seperate window/process.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 08-24-2008, 09:38 AM
Sage User

I think it'd be very helpful to add:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch G View Post
Just to add to this:
- press options
- select main menu whatever
- select new ... internal screen
- find netflix main menu
- save the menu file
- hover over the netflix menu button
- press options
- select main menu whatever
- make sure "Current Menu Item" is the netflix menu button you just added
- select edit menu item and then set icon
- navigate up to to themes/default/menuicons and select hoover_my netflix.png [sic]
- save the menu file again
as an additional comment to

Quote:
"*You will have to add the link into the "NetFlix Main Menu" menu."
in the install / set-up directions. This can be pretty confusing for us new folks to Sage. I'm sure it eventually becomes second nature, but I'm also pretty sure this will often be one of the first plug-ings installed by new folks and the additional detail would really help. It's an amazing plug-in, up and running on the PC fairly easily once reading through the thread.

Now to configure the HD Extender, I'm still a little fuzzy on this one, it looks like if we want to run as a service, our only choice is Local System with Desktop interaction enabled, but then we lose network access for things like a nas or file server. Or, start SageTV server at Windows start-up (log-in), and lose the 'as a service' reliability. Does that sound correct?

I'm also curious how people set-up for an extender on a system that is not intended to be entirely headless, ie, they don't want to route primary audio exclusively to a/v in of a capture card. Are people using spilters to feed both local PC speakers and the a/v in of a card, and then turning off the local speakers when not being used? Or, is there a more intelligent way to accomplish this?
Old 08-24-2008, 09:41 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I don't believe it could, as the video is not really getting to sage at all, it is instead running in a seperate window/process.
Got it, Thanks Fuzzy.

I hope selective transcoding comes to extenders soon, it seems like this is likely the biggest request for extenders.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:49 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LehighBri View Post
I recently joined Netflix and naturally had to download this plugin the second I joined. It's working great so far... well done Morgan!

One bug/potential item to enhance is when you're browsing watchnow titles. I recently browsed watch now titles, chose Action/Adventure and scrolled all the way through to the bottom. I then went back a screen and chose Drama instead but when Drama appears, instead of it starting at the top of the list, it starts at the very bottom.

Is there a way to fix it such that browsing between different genres starts you at the top of the list rather than picking up from the location of the last viewed genre?
I will take a look at that.