SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 07-26-2008, 02:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

+1
It is very slick.
(Netflix should give you some sort of kickback.)

Mitch
Old 07-26-2008, 08:53 PM
Sage Fanatic

Thanks, Glad you got your problem figured out.

A free membership from Netflix would be a good start.

My new update has more details to take care of then I figured. Hopefully tomorrow, possibly Monday.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:09 AM
SageTVaholic

I currently don't have an HD extender, but am using the plugin on my client. One question, could i still set this up using the Custom Channel to my server's desktop and run it like that on my client? This would at least let me stay within the Sage interface, and provide me with SOME transport controls, would it not? This is the reason i had asked in the other thread about doing the manual record, so it could have a working timeline and all, showing current recorded status and position. Even comskip would work to eliminate the black screen at the beginning while waiting for it to buffer up the stream.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-29-2008, 02:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Just out of curiosity, I'm guessing your player app is just written around the WMP framework, so could it potentially be used for playing back internet radio also?
Old 07-29-2008, 06:25 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Just out of curiosity, I'm guessing your player app is just written around the WMP framework, so could it potentially be used for playing back internet radio also?
Yes, it could open any WMP playable stream.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111 View Post
Yes, it could open any WMP playable stream.
Interesting... I might have to play around with that this weekend
Old 07-30-2008, 11:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by boognish View Post
<snip>
Is there any way to make the back button do nothing while the netflix viewer is open? I have no idea if this is possible, just wanted to ask.
thanks again!!
Similarly, if I accidentally hit "home" during playback (this is with an extender, btw), things get weird. I can re-tune my s-video channel and see the movie, but pressing stop doesn't really stop the viewer. Simlarly, if I re-enter through the Netflix plug-in, I can start another movie but pressing stop doesn't seem to really stop things. (I have a feeling multiple instances of the viewer are running at that point.) The only way to clean things up for me is to vnc into the server and manually kill the Netflixviewer process (server is running xp).

So, instead of ignoring some button presses (like the "back" button mentioned earlier), I wonder if it would be safer to only accept presses of the stop, play, rew, or ff buttons and ignore all other button presses. This would force a graceful exit out of the viewer by pressing "stop."
Part of this suggestion is an assumption that the code can be written that says "only accept these buttons" instead of having to write code that says "ignore this button, that button, this other button, etc. If it's the latter than forget about it.

Mitch
Old 07-30-2008, 03:14 PM
Sage Fanatic

Mitch, I didn't realize the Home key was one of those problem keys. I'll take another look and see what I can do to fix any more of those issues.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:18 PM
Sage User

Closing orphaned netflix viewer

Quote:
The only way to clean things up for me is to vnc into the server and manually kill the Netflixviewer process (server is running xp).
To work around this without leaving Sage, I created a batch file on the server that uses the taskkill command to destroy the NetFlix viewer process. Then I added a dynamic menu item to call that batch file and called it "Close Netflix Player".

If I ever get stuck in that kind of situation, I just navigate to that menu item and the rogue player instance is dealt with.

Robb
Old 07-31-2008, 12:01 AM
Sage Fanatic

New Version 2.5!

7/30/08 Update 2.05
  • Incorporate changes for viewing on Extenders with server loopback hack.
  • Add feature to list new DVD and Watch Now titles.
  • Add feature to download Watch Now videos and episodes for later viewing.
  • Viewer now has ability to bookmark where a movie is stopped and resumes at that point on next playback.
  • Add handler for aspect ratio remote button for playback on extender.
  • Prevent stray remote buttons from changing Sage screens and loosing control of open viewer. Also force Stop command to viewer whenever leaving the Sage viewing screen.

Download it HERE!

THINGS TO NOTE:
- Create a folder to save downloaded videos and data. Specify this folder on the NetFlix setup screen under Download Path. If you change from one download path to another, copy the files (including NetFlixWiz.bin) to the new directory.
- A network share can be used that will allow playback of videos for all clients .
- To delete a video or cancel download in the Downloaded Videos list, press the right arrow when highlighting the specific video.
- To download an episode of a show, press the right arrow when highlighting the specific episode on the Video Details screen.
- Select the default video bitrate for video downloads by pressing the Options button while on the Video Details screen.
- To playback a downloaded video, select it from the Downloaded Videos list. That will show the Video Details screen. Click on the Watch Now button.

Thanks to Mkanet and Brent again for being my guinea pigs.

Last edited by Morgan111; 07-31-2008 at 07:48 AM.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:13 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapdaddy View Post
To work around this without leaving Sage, I created a batch file on the server that uses the taskkill command to destroy the NetFlix viewer process. Then I added a dynamic menu item to call that batch file and called it "Close Netflix Player".

If I ever get stuck in that kind of situation, I just navigate to that menu item and the rogue player instance is dealt with.

Robb
That's a good idea. Thanks for the tip.

Mitch
Old 07-31-2008, 07:41 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch G View Post
That's a good idea. Thanks for the tip.
Mitch
Hopefully that won't be an issue anymore with the update.
  • Prevent stray remote buttons from changing Sage screens and loosing control of open viewer. Also force Stop command to viewer whenever leaving the Sage viewing screen.

And the viewer should also close itself if it does not get any response from Sage.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:44 AM
Sage User

Can a downloaded Netflix watch it now movie be played on a HD100 extender without the s-video loopback trick?
Old 07-31-2008, 11:59 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiledog View Post
Can a downloaded Netflix watch it now movie be played on a HD100 extender without the s-video loopback trick?
Old 07-31-2008, 12:15 PM
Sage User

Dang, I know there are ways to remove the DRM from the movies. Oh well, I guess I will stick with watching on my computer in my office. The svideo loopback is a bit hacky form my tastes. (I still may try it if I get a few spare hours... BTW, your plugin does look really cool).

I know many other have said this, but it would be great if Sage could get with Netflix and figure out a way to maintain the DRM to the HD100 extender (I am not looking to copy these movies, I just want to watch them on my living room TV).

Thanks,
Old 07-31-2008, 12:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiledog View Post
The svideo loopback is a bit hacky form my tastes. (I still may try it if I get a few spare hours... BTW, your plugin does look really cool)
It know it sounds like it would be a little clunky, but its practically seamless. If you've got a spare s-video input, an STX-100, and a Netflix subscription you'd be absolutely crazy to to do it.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

So, I did a clean install of v2.05. (In other words, I started with a copy of my SageTV directories that were pre-netflix plugin installs.)

One thing I found was that I had to restart sage after the initial import in order to be able to edit the netflix settings, and then I had to restart sage after entering the settings in order to see the lists of movies. This isn't a problem, per se, but I thought I would mention it.

But, the real issue for me is that now when I select watch now, the viewer appears and the display says "connecting to media" and then says "Ready." But nothing else happens. I used to see "buffering media - xx%" or something like that and then after a while the movie or show would start playing.

BTW, the "stop" button seems to clean things up nicely.

Mitch
Old 07-31-2008, 05:02 PM
Sage Icon

I just installed the new version. By closing SageClient (my standa lone client box), unzip. Start SageTV, load SageMC (clean), validated that my Netflix menu did not work, imported STVi, setup my download directory, and it all looked good.

I then went to download a show for later, and it crashed my SageTV Client. I did get a NetFlixWiz.bin created in my new download directory though.

Ideas?

thanks,

EDIT:

I looked at the sage.netflix.log and found this:

!!!!!!!!! dlPath = \\sage-server\Video2 (G)\Netflix Downloads
*** downloadShow \\sage-server\Video2 (G)\Netflix Downloads\0807311807-70023522.wmv - null

That help?

Last edited by lovingHDTV; 07-31-2008 at 05:09 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:01 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111 View Post
7/30/08 Update 2.05
  • Incorporate changes for viewing on Extenders with server loopback hack.
  • Add feature to list new DVD and Watch Now titles.
  • Add feature to download Watch Now videos and episodes for later viewing.
  • Viewer now has ability to bookmark where a movie is stopped and resumes at that point on next playback.
  • Add handler for aspect ratio remote button for playback on extender.
This sounds amazing. I've been following this thread closely. I may just have to sign up for Netflix just for this amazing plugin
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 07-31-2008, 07:46 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV View Post
I just installed the new version. By closing SageClient (my standa lone client box), unzip. Start SageTV, load SageMC (clean), validated that my Netflix menu did not work, imported STVi, setup my download directory, and it all looked good.

I then went to download a show for later, and it crashed my SageTV Client. I did get a NetFlixWiz.bin created in my new download directory though.

Ideas?

thanks,

EDIT:

I looked at the sage.netflix.log and found this:

!!!!!!!!! dlPath = \\sage-server\Video2 (G)\Netflix Downloads
*** downloadShow \\sage-server\Video2 (G)\Netflix Downloads\0807311807-70023522.wmv - null

That help?
null is not usually good. It should be a bitrate code but it is not obvious how that is not being set. Did you set your download bitrate to 2200? Did you try a difference rate or Manual Select? That should have something in the sage logfile, near the end before it crashes (look for the word EXCEPTION). It would be helpful to see what information there may be in the log around there.