SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:08 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirecreative View Post
OK, I got this working now. Sort of.

My only problem now is that the IE window it launches doesn't have something I can click on to close it when I'm done.
I'm not sure I can help you with the focus issue, but is there a way for you to program the ALT+F4 keyboard combination into one of the buttons on your remote? I haven't tried it yet with the Sage/Netflix setup, but I use it all the time to close IE (it will work on most windows OS based apps i.e. windows explorer). If you're already using a program like Girder, EventGhost, or LM Remote, it should be pretty straightforward to set up and try out.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
I have the same problem and cannot do a search... not even in google video etc...
Yes, I should have said that I experienced that problem too. With no ability to select Done, there's no way to complete a search.

Can anyone else confirm this and has anyone discovered a fix?
Old 04-03-2008, 12:29 PM
SageTVaholic

This is a known issue. I'm sure Morgan knows about it already. We just need to be patient until there's a new update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
Yes, I should have said that I experienced that problem too. With no ability to select Done, there's no way to complete a search.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-03-2008, 01:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by petereader View Post
I'm not sure I can help you with the focus issue, but is there a way for you to program the ALT+F4 keyboard combination into one of the buttons on your remote? I haven't tried it yet with the Sage/Netflix setup, but I use it all the time to close IE (it will work on most windows OS based apps i.e. windows explorer). If you're already using a program like Girder, EventGhost, or LM Remote, it should be pretty straightforward to set up and try out.
I don't use any of those programs. I tried Girder once, but that's clearly above my pay grade.

If I understand it correctly, when you click "Watch It Now" Sage launches a full screen, stripped-down IE window and that's the end of Sage's part in the process, correct?

Since you still need to click the "full-screen" button in the Netflix player to get the movie to fill the screen anyway, what's the advantage of the stripped down window Sage launches? It would be far more user-friendly to simply leave the IE window with all of the regular toolbars, menus, etc.

Is this something I can edit myself?
Old 04-03-2008, 04:11 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirecreative View Post
If I understand it correctly, when you click "Watch It Now" Sage launches a full screen, stripped-down IE window and that's the end of Sage's part in the process, correct?

Since you still need to click the "full-screen" button in the Netflix player to get the movie to fill the screen anyway, what's the advantage of the stripped down window Sage launches? It would be far more user-friendly to simply leave the IE window with all of the regular toolbars, menus, etc.

Is this something I can edit myself?
I would assume most uses don't want to see the IE windowing around the picture. I can look at adding an option in the config file to disable the full window mode.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:15 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post

I think I can get an update out tonight which will include that fix. I have a number of additional things I want to address or add, but I will include those in a another update in the short term as well.

Morgan
Old 04-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Morgan,

Do you think you can alter the title of this thread to include the current version number and last update date like Nielm and some of the other guys do? It would be most appreciated!

Thanks!
-Ali
SageTV 6.5.4+Webserver 2.21+SageMC 6.3.8a, P4-2.8 Ghz, 1GB RAM, 120GB HD, 1.5TB HD, 500GB HD, PVR-150, PVR-350, AverMedia A180, ATI x1600 512MB AGP, Audigy Platinum EX, connected to an Sony 46XBR6 LCD via DVItoHDMI and Sony STR-DA2400ES receiver via 5.1 analog.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:06 PM
Sage Fanatic

Exclamation Update 1.2 Available!

Get it here..

4/3/08 Update 1.2
  • Fix error in search dialog that also affected search dialog for standard SageMC searches.
  • Sort genre list by title.
  • Fix Episode list or Actor list being from previous selection.
  • Fix error when viewing trailer and description is from a previously viewed trailer.
  • Add My Queue button to movie details screen.
  • Add ability to jump to listing by starting letter.
  • Add new property "plugins/NetFlix/ie_arg" that defaults to -k for fullscreen windowless. Remove -k to show IE window controls.

Remember you cannot re-import the NetFlix file if it is already loaded in the STV.

You can now jump to listings by letter when browsing DVD titles (not Watch Now). Select sorting by Title + or -. move cursor to the right side of display to show jump letter table and choose the letter to start listing from.

A couple of these took longer then I expected. I want to work on the remote control of Watch Now, search of Watch Now titles, queue update problem experiences by some users, and maybe MPAA rating filter for the next update.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:52 AM
Sage Fanatic

Had to update the download file. Anybody who tried to import 1.2 before now found that they didn't have any NetFlix screens!
Old 04-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111 View Post
Had to update the download file. Anybody who tried to import 1.2 before now found that they didn't have any NetFlix screens!
Thanks - I thought I was just not getting enough sleep when I tried it.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Morgan111,

Thanks Morgan works great..... searches and everything else works fine.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:48 PM
Sage Icon

I love the plug-in, just got it installed and working! Something is weird with either SageMC or this plug-in. Maybe someone can help trouble shoot this. Attached is a pic of my queue notice the top movie title is completely covered by the opaque green indicator. This only happens on this screen and on the movie queue side. The options on the left (Netflix Main, Search Title, Save and Cancel) all display the green selector indicator below the text as it should be.

Any ideas as to how to fix this?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Sage Netflix Screen.pdf (99.1 KB, 216 views)
Old 04-04-2008, 03:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I would assume most uses don't want to see the IE windowing around the picture. I can look at adding an option in the config file to disable the full window mode.
Thanks I'll try the new update.

I agree that most users don't want the IE windowing around the picture, but once you start a movie you still need to click the "Full Screen" button, which eliminates the windowing anyway, so it seemed like little added value.

Thanks again.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

Remember you cannot re-import the NetFlix file if it is already loaded in the STV.
So how can I install the update if I have the previous version installed?
Old 04-05-2008, 04:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGk View Post
So how can I install the update if I have the previous version installed?
Load (reload) the SageMC 16x9
Then import the new SageMC Netflix plugin and all other plugins you use.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:12 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm curious, whats the proper way to remove something from my queue? When I select something to remove, and hit save... if I go back to look at my queue, it still shows the movie I just removed.

Edit: Also I have the same problem with moving things up and down in the queue.. None of my changes will save.

Edit: Also my star ratings aren't working either.

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 04-13-2008 at 08:14 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:25 PM
Sage Icon

I've noticed with my queue that it takes time.... Usually more than like 10 minutes for it to update on Netflix.

HTH
Old 04-13-2008, 08:56 PM
SageTVaholic

What?! No... that can't be right. How can you keep track of what your changes are? Sometimes I'll make changes and go back and some more changes, there's no way to tell what you just did.. especially when changing the order.

I just reloaded all the files from the latest package and restarted SageTV; and, still same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
I've noticed with my queue that it takes time.... Usually more than like 10 minutes for it to update on Netflix.

HTH

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-14-2008, 07:27 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I'm curious, whats the proper way to remove something from my queue? When I select something to remove, and hit save... if I go back to look at my queue, it still shows the movie I just removed.

Edit: Also I have the same problem with moving things up and down in the queue.. None of my changes will save.

Edit: Also my star ratings aren't working either.
Michael,

looks like you have run into the same problem as some others. Brent did some tests for me where it looked like the correct query went out, but the netflix site returned a message that showed no indication of change to queue. Do you have a lot of queue items, like 70 or more? The 2 cases I looked at had a lot of items, but loading up my queue did not cause a problem.

The setting of ratings is not really enabled at the moment since I had a navigation issue I needed to work out. Forgot about that but I will add it to my list.

The GOOD news is you will haves LOTS of control over your Watch Now playback and will not require internet Explorer for playback. I just need to get past a MFC dll issue that is acting flaky when I call it from Java.

Morgan
Old 04-14-2008, 07:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The GOOD news is you will haves LOTS of control over your Watch Now playback and will not require internet Explorer for playback. I just need to get past a MFC dll issue that is acting flaky when I call it from Java.

Morgan
Does that mean it will be possible to play Watch Now content on the extender ??

Dirk