SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 03-24-2008, 02:31 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
Hey -

This plugin is most excellent. Quick question though -- when looking at TV shows (The office Season 1 for instance), is there a way to list and view the individual episodes? I can only see and view the entire season...

-Justin
Yes! On the DVD details screen, if you scroll down to the bottom of the page, there should be a button to bring up a list of actors (and their netFlix videos), and a button to view a list of the episodes. Clicking that brings up a page to view episode descriptions and select an episode to view.

I know I have viewed the episode list for The Office before, although I cannot verify it at the moment since NetFlix has been down all day.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is there a way to see "Watch Now" movies that I have started? On the Nexflix web page I see them on the same page as my queue. The only way I know how to find the title is to do a search for it then start it. Chad
Old 03-27-2008, 07:57 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Thanks for the quick answers Morgan. Also, I had missed the icon thing so thanks for that too.

One other thing I'm noticing is when I play one preview (one that works) and then play another one, it plays correctly but always shows the details (name etc) of the first one for every preview after that. Not a big deal at all, but thought I'd mention it.
I finally ran across this when viewing a trailer from the genre browsing list then viewing a trailer for something in my queue (or maybe any channel). I have a fix in now that will be available in the next update.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:07 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Morgan,
Queue management is not working for me. I cannot remove a title from my queue using this plugin. I've tried logging out of netflix on my browser and then removing a movie from my queue with the plugin, but no luck that way either.
Brent, if deleting from queue, or re-arranging is still not working for you (or anyone else) I would like some info on the Jar files you have. You could send them in a message if you want.
Send me a listing of your Sage JAR directory? From a DOS command window you could run:
dir "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\JARs"

and then capture that text output to a tall window, or run this command instead:
dir "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\JARs" > c:\jars.txt

and get the results from c:\jars.txt

Also, let me know what it says on the Setting page for:
Software Version
Java Version
SageMC STV Version
SageMC JAR Version

Thanks
Old 03-27-2008, 08:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111 View Post
I finally ran across this when viewing a trailer from the genre browsing list then viewing a trailer for something in my queue (or maybe any channel). I have a fix in now that will be available in the next update.
Sounds good Morgan,

Just to be sure you have my laundry list of wishes for this awesome plugin, here they are:
  • A way to paste the key from the clipboard into the plugin directly without needing to input the key or edit the properties file
  • Fix for queue management bug *I'll be PMing you with your requested info on this*
  • Integration of windows commands (sendmessage) into plugin so that we didn't need to have girder (or comparable program) to use watch-now with remote control
  • Bug: Netflix Plugin breaks SageMC video search
  • Bug: When I play one preview and then play another one, it plays correctly but always shows the details (name etc) of the first one for every preview after that. Not a big deal at all, but thought I'd mention it. *I see this is fixed with the next to be released version*
  • Ability to search only watch-now movies
  • Ability to search only non-watch-now movies
  • Text Export listing of watch-now movies
  • Text Export listing of queue
These are just requests. Take em or leave them but I wanted to get my wishes down officially in case you were looking for suggestions.

Thanks for your work on this, its truly an amazing plugin which I LOVE.

Last edited by Brent; 03-27-2008 at 08:18 PM.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:17 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadman View Post
Is there a way to see "Watch Now" movies that I have started? On the Nexflix web page I see them on the same page as my queue. The only way I know how to find the title is to do a search for it then start it. Chad
That info has moved around and changed format over the last several weeks. if it ends up with a consistent home I may think about it for a future release (...or maybe just keep track locally of watched movies to be able and display in a list).
Old 03-28-2008, 01:42 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Sounds good Morgan,
[LIST][*]A way to paste the key from the clipboard into the plugin directly without needing to input the key or edit the properties file
Highlight key
Ctrl-C
Go to field in SageMC
Ctrl-V

Works for me.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevine View Post
Highlight key
Ctrl-C
Go to field in SageMC
Ctrl-V

Works for me.
Try that on a HD Extender.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Highlight key
Ctrl-C
Go to field in SageMC
Ctrl-V

Works for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Try that on a HD Extender.

Gerry
Yeah, that was my point which I've mentioned before. Gotta remember that on many HTPC's the input device is often simply a remote control. You could map your remote keys to a cut and paste, but it would be nice to have another way to do it.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:22 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Yeah, that was my point which I've mentioned before. Gotta remember that on many HTPC's the input device is often simply a remote control. You could map your remote keys to a cut and paste, but it would be nice to have another way to do it.
I guess, I'm not really following. You said above paste from the clipboard so I thought you had a way to get it into the clipboard. Therefore, I made the assumption that you were using a keyboard and mouse to the Netflix site. I guess I was wrong. Are you browsing the internet (IE, firefox, etc.) using your remote?
Old 03-29-2008, 06:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I guess, I'm not really following. You said above paste from the clipboard so I thought you had a way to get it into the clipboard. Therefore, I made the assumption that you were using a keyboard and mouse to the Netflix site. I guess I was wrong. Are you browsing the internet (IE, firefox, etc.) using your remote?
Sorry, I wasn't clear there. I have multiple PC's and one HD and one SD extender. On the main PC it's easy to cut and past as you say, but on the others its not. As I said it isn't a big deal since I only have to do it once per device, but if there were an easier way to paste it that would be helpful when a keyboard isn't available. It's not a a problem I need solved - just a nice-to-have thing for future users.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

What am I doing wrong?

Ok I have used older version of this netflix plugin with no problem but I installed 1.1 and it looks like nothing has changed. I do not ever have any option for "watch it now" the previes do not play anymore and everything looks exactly the same. I still get the popup saying images are being cached and I still have the cache directory in the setup window. I thought there was no more cache folder? Any ideas?
Old 03-29-2008, 09:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by imstillme2 View Post
Ok I have used older version of this netflix plugin with no problem but I installed 1.1 and it looks like nothing has changed. I do not ever have any option for "watch it now" the previes do not play anymore and everything looks exactly the same. I still get the popup saying images are being cached and I still have the cache directory in the setup window. I thought there was no more cache folder? Any ideas?
I could be wrong, but I don't think you can install the newer version on top of the older one. You need to load SageMC16x9 fresh, then import the netflix plugin right after.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks

Thanks Brent you are correct I opened up default sagemc and loaded up 1.1 and it looks like it is working!
Old 03-30-2008, 05:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Neat plugin. I just switched over from BBonline to Netflix, and am thrilled at the amount of TV shows in the "watch it now" selection.

So I got the plugin installed and can now see my queue and browse titles within Sage, but I can't get the "Watch It Now" to work. Although I can play those movies on the same PC directly from Internet Explorer, the button inside Sage doesn't appear to do anything. Shouldn't it launch the IE player?

I saw this bit in the instructions, but wasn't sure what I should do with it:

Quote:
If it does not play then you may have to check the path for plugins/NetFlix/ie_path in your sage.properties or sageclient.properties file.
That line doesn't appear at all in my sage.properties file (I'm not using server, so does the client file matter?)

Thanks.

(BTW, for whoever asked, if you have a mouse, clicking the screen will pause the movie, and clicking again will play.)
Old 03-30-2008, 05:56 PM
SageTVaholic

This plugin launches a seemless invisible Internet Explorer window in full screen. You wont see any video in SageTV when it launches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirecreative View Post
Neat plugin. I just switched over from BBonline to Netflix, and am thrilled at the amount of TV shows in the "watch it now" selection.

So I got the plugin installed and can now see my queue and browse titles within Sage, but I can't get the "Watch It Now" to work. Although I can play those movies on the same PC directly from Internet Explorer, the button inside Sage doesn't appear to do anything. Shouldn't it launch the IE player?

I saw this bit in the instructions, but wasn't sure what I should do with it:

That line doesn't appear at all in my sage.properties file (I'm not using server, so does the client file matter?)

Thanks.

(BTW, for whoever asked, if you have a mouse, clicking the screen will pause the movie, and clicking again will play.)

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-30-2008, 08:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Just installed Netflix for SageMC 1.1 but I encountered a bug. It changes the layout of the text input for searches so that rather than seeing Done Erase Cancel on the bottom row, I see a repeat of 1, 2, 3. This makes entering a search impossible so I reverted back to SageMC vanilla.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
Just installed Netflix for SageMC 1.1 but I encountered a bug. It changes the layout of the text input for searches so that rather than seeing Done Erase Cancel on the bottom row, I see a repeat of 1, 2, 3. This makes entering a search impossible so I reverted back to SageMC vanilla.
I have the same problem and cannot do a search... not even in google video etc...
Old 03-31-2008, 06:10 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Sorry, I wasn't clear there. I have multiple PC's and one HD and one SD extender. On the main PC it's easy to cut and past as you say, but on the others its not. As I said it isn't a big deal since I only have to do it once per device, but if there were an easier way to paste it that would be helpful when a keyboard isn't available. It's not a a problem I need solved - just a nice-to-have thing for future users.
Is it not being stored in the properties file on ther server for all the extenders? Couldn't you paste them in there?
Old 03-31-2008, 01:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
This plugin launches a seemless invisible Internet Explorer window in full screen. You wont see any video in SageTV when it launches.
OK, I got this working now. Sort of.

My only problem now is that the IE window it launches doesn't have something I can click on to close it when I'm done. My remote has a mouse in it, but I have to go over to a remote station with a keyboard to switch back to Sage, which is kind of annoying. I'm guessing this is a Netflix issue, and that Sage doesn't control the properties of the window that gets launched.

Also, during one film (but not another), the Sage screen saver kept coming on and taking over the screen, so I'd have to go over to a keyboard and switch focus back to the Netflix window. Odd.