SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Yeah let me know, I just posted on the Girder forum asking how to find the pixel coordinate of a mouse absolute value for my screen for (mouse clicking a particular item) if I received a GML for a different screen res. I use 1080p. Im using Girder 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
For those of you that use girder, I've discovered a way to map the following watch-now controls to your girder-controlled remote without the need to map mouse button actions:
Pause
Play
Full-Screen/Windowed Mode toggle
Next (go to next episode for television shows for example)
Previous (go to previous episode for television shows for example)
I think there are some more, but I'm still checking.

This is good because you don't have to worry about the resolution of your screen to point your mouse. Working great for me and I'll have a gml file posted sometime today after I play around with it just a little more. This might help those using GhostScript and firefly as well. More soon...

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 03-09-2008 at 11:10 AM.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:19 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Im using Girder 5.0
I see you're running Vista as well. Do you have any issues running the Girder 5.0 beta in Vista? I used to use Girder and loved it but then I got Vista and all of a sudden my Girder 4.0 stopped working properly.
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 03-09-2008, 11:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Honestly Girder 5.0 works perfect under Vista. I was scared at first because its called "beta". But really should be a full release. Sound mixer and OSD work great under vista. Girder 4 is really meant for XP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LehighBri View Post
I see you're running Vista as well. Do you have any issues running the Girder 5.0 beta in Vista? I used to use Girder and loved it but then I got Vista and all of a sudden my Girder 4.0 stopped working properly.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-09-2008, 02:54 PM
SageTVaholic

As promised, here's what I'm using with this plugin:
  • Girder
  • USBUIRT
  • SageTV and SageMC
  • Morgan's excellent Netflix Plugin

Keyboard Shortcuts in full-screen viewing mode:
pause/play toggle
left mouse button click
enter key
space bar

play (not a toggle, just play)
Page-Up key

pause (not a toggle, just pause)
Page-Down key

Girder Windows-Commands
(no keyboard shortcuts required and no mouse-positions necessary )
  • Full Screen/Windowed Screen Toggle (This one is my favorite)
  • Skip Back - (moves the playback position back a few minutes) This was a new one for me - unfortunately I couldn't find a skip-forward command...
  • Pause - pauses playback (no keypress required.) I use this one instead of the keyboard shortcut mentioned above since the pause works regardless of whether full-screen or windowed screen.
  • Next - Skips to the next track for television shows and other multi-disk titles.
  • Previous - Skips to the previous track for television shows and other multi-disk titles.
  • Mute - mutes the sound on the netflix watch-now window I'm not using this one, but it's there if you want it.
On my blog, I have all of the details on how to get these set up in girder if you're interested, but all commands are in the attached gml file as well.

As Dirk says, this is to get you started, but I thought it might be helpful to some of you out there. If anyone knows of others I missed or any keyboard shortcuts I've missed let me know.

Morgan, I wonder if these windows commands could be built-in to the plugin somehow? That's beyond my knowledge so I'll let you answer that one.
Attached Files
File Type: zip netflix.zip (1.3 KB, 265 views)

Last edited by Brent; 03-09-2008 at 02:58 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:18 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Honestly Girder 5.0 works perfect under Vista. I was scared at first because its called "beta". But really should be a full release. Sound mixer and OSD work great under vista. Girder 4 is really meant for XP.
Excellent... I will try out Girder 5.0 shortly. Any chance you can share the GML you're using for SageTV? I'm hoping to reuse something rather than build from scratch by adding all of the SendMessage codes.
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 03-09-2008, 07:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

So I introduced my wife to the netflix plugin today. She seemed excited to have all those movies right at her finger tips. Unfortunately, I discovered an issue right away. My wife is a button masher. If it doesn't seem to work the first time she will keep hitting the button. I think this is generally true of most lay users. It ended up launching 4 versions of the movie viewer. My suggestion is that we add some feedback when you press the watch now button. A simple dialog box that comes up and says, "starting..." would be all she needs to prevent multiple button pushes causing problems.

Love this plugin BTW. Great work.

-Mike
Old 03-09-2008, 07:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Brent,

Great work on the girder setup. I'd like to get LM Remote Keymap working as well. It was not obvious to me in your gml file what sendmessage commands your are using, but if you can let us know what the message ID, iParam, and wParam values are that would be great.

-Mike
Old 03-09-2008, 08:00 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryttingm View Post
Brent,

Great work on the girder setup. I'd like to get LM Remote Keymap working as well. It was not obvious to me in your gml file what sendmessage commands your are using, but if you can let us know what the message ID, iParam, and wParam values are that would be great.

-Mike
See the SageTV manual for the message ID (1258), lParam (event numbers in chapter 5), and wParam values (0... not used).
Old 03-09-2008, 08:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Brent, I hate to break it to you, but unless I missed something obvious... none of actions in your GML work under my girder; Ive tried triggering them via the Test button and also my own events associated with my USB-UIRT based remote

I am able to make it work with keyboard shortcuts/mouse clicks using the other GML posted above. Although, I still haven't figured out how to guess coordinates for mouse absolute using left click).

Quote:
On my blog, I have all of the details on how to get these set up in girder if you're interested, but all commands are in the attached gml file as well.

As Dirk says, this is to get you started, but I thought it might be helpful to some of you out there. If anyone knows of others I missed or any keyboard shortcuts I've missed let me know.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-09-2008, 08:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LehighBri View Post
See the SageTV manual for the message ID (1258), lParam (event numbers in chapter 5), and wParam values (0... not used).
Those are for controlling SageTV. I know that already. I was asking about what values to send to internet explorer for controlling the netflix movie viewer. I am assuming that it is done with sendmessage since Brent mentions in his blog that the sendmessage plugin is required. I could be wrong though

-Mike
Old 03-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Brent,

-Mike
Hmm, looking more at your blog, looks like your taking advantage of the girder application beyond the simple SendMessage plugin to get it working. Maybe I'll need to do some digging to how this can be done in LM Remote Keymap. (Other than using the Mouse action to simulate clicks at specific spots in the screen)

-Mike
Old 03-09-2008, 08:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Brent,

-Mike
Quote:
Hmm, looking more at your blog, looks like your taking advantage of the girder application beyond the simple SendMessage plugin to get it working. Maybe I'll need to do some digging to how this can be done in LM Remote Keymap. (Other than using the Mouse action to simulate clicks at specific spots in the screen)
-Mike
Mike,
Yeah I did a screen-shot of each of the girder "sendmessage" commands with Name, Class Name, Executable (always ieexplore.exe), child name and child class. Not sure how that translates into the LM Remote Keymap but I'm betting its possible. It definitely works in girder as I've added it to three different PC's in the house all with different resolutions and setups.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Brent, I hate to break it to you, but unless I missed something obvious... none of actions in your GML work under my girder; Ive tried triggering them via the Test button and also my own events associated with my USB-UIRT based remote

I am able to make it work with keyboard shortcuts/mouse clicks using the other GML posted above. Although, I still haven't figured out how to guess coordinates for mouse absolute using left click).
Did you enable the sendmessage plugin? That's required for it to work. Read through the blog article I linked to above and see if that helps at all. Hang in there, we'll get it working.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:32 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Hi Morgan,

one thing I noticed in the recent version: the "Search Title" dialog within the Browse submenus is screwed up, it looks like the dialog is 'duplicated' at the bottom:

No big deal within Netflix, but it also screws up the search dialog in the Online Videos menu, and this makes it impossible to search for any videos in there because the 'Ok' button is not reachable any more...

Dirk
Thanks Dirk. There may have been some link set up as a primary reference that I missed when scanning it before exporting. I am out of town through Friday, but I'll make that a priority for an update.

Morgan
Old 03-09-2008, 10:42 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Morgan, I wonder if these windows commands could be built-in to the plugin somehow? That's beyond my knowledge so I'll let you answer that one.
Brent, great job. Looks very interesting. I'm not sure of the details on the ability of Sage to see remote events for all remote types [Edit: when launching another application that now has focus], but between java and the Sage API the responses may be possible. I haven't looked at girder for years, so I not exactly sure of the specific actions needed after browsing through the blog, so I may need a little assistance after I get back and go work on it.

Last edited by Morgan111; 03-10-2008 at 05:38 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:49 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alijiwani View Post
Just installed it (reinstalled all of Sage tonight) and noticed that you kinda hid away the netflix password, but it's still in the clear any chance we can hide that?

very much impressed with the progress btw, keep up the excellent work.
I have a solution in the works but realized I had a problem for handling the password on the extender the way it was, so I postponed that so I could get the update out. That is still on the to-do list.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:26 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstockton View Post
I can't seem to find the setup pages. I loaded it as the directions say, went into the Netflix menu, but i was never prompted for the settings.

Any ideas?
Goto MainMenu->Settings->SageMC->Extras->NetFlix->Setup
Old 03-09-2008, 11:30 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSlade View Post
With a clean install of v.10, the input menus are just fine. It's only when the netflix STVi is read over it do the menus go bad. I am unable to use the netflix STVi as a result.
I am able to get to my server which has SageMC 6.3.7 loaded and load the NetFlix import. The Search menu works fine with that setup, so maybe there is a change in the SageMC after that which makes the NetFlix import incompatible with that dialog theme. But I'll check closer when I am back home.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:51 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111 View Post
Goto MainMenu->Settings->SageMC->Extras->NetFlix->Setup

I don't have any options under the Extras menu.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstockton View Post
I don't have any options under the Extras menu.
You need to do a clean import of v1.0 or v1.1. You can't import it into the STV if you already have it in there.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.