SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 01-24-2004, 06:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

I Got no XML TV Data & no sonic decoder

Hi

Got to say i like the new interface. I have been playing a bit, with the menu's etc, trying to set it up.

I had xmltv data when i first loaded it, but i decided to delete sage properties and wiz files, then setup again. I have now lost it and can't seem to retrieve it... Any ideas?

I tried to retrieve the data in the way you would if you are using sage 1.4, and tried looking aroung in sage properties. The summary for the tuner card says get line up from 1.xml

I am using the multi lineup plugin.

I have also had trouble with getting the Sonic decoders running, the only decoder i can get running is the intervideo with everything set to default.

Sonic does not run on any setting. Any ideas??

Dan
Old 01-24-2004, 07:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

Right i managed to get my channels back from the xml data, i.e. bbc1, bbc2, itv etc, but no data is showing up and it will not show anything in the channel setup..........
Old 01-24-2004, 12:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Anyone...
Old 01-24-2004, 12:49 PM
Sage Expert

I don't have anything with the first issue but with the Sonic decoders I have them running w/o any problems.
Old 01-24-2004, 01:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

I got the sonic drivers working it is just the xmltv data i am concerned with not, i have the channels but no data, weird!!

With the sonic drivers i do get an occassional tear thou on the video screen, mainly with fast pictures

Dan
Old 02-01-2004, 06:06 AM
Sage User

Yep - got this too.

I have data in my guide, no problem with that - but no channels appear in channel setup.

As nothing has changed wrt the xmltv plugin I would guess that the way SageTV itself handles channel data has changed.

Not too much of a problem apart from I now can't remove channels that I'm not grabbing data for (they suddenly reappeared after I removed my source and re-added it). This means I have lines displaying "No Data" in the guide for these unwanted channels - would be nice to be able to get rid of them again!

I noticed in the log that an error is thrown when attempting to load channels in channels setup - have logged it as a bug but it may well mean some re-coding of the XMLTVImportPlugin rather than a fix on the Sage side - hopefully Jeff will have more info on this when he's not quite so maxed out with the increasingly impressive v2 beta.

Has anyone managed to see channels in channel setup using xmltv, or is it just Dan and I? (actually, thinking about it I made some changes to the plugin for tv_grab_uk_rt, although it used to work just fine with 1.4.10 - I'll try the original when I get a chance and see if I still get the problem...)