SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-30-2008, 05:38 PM
Sage User

Sending IR command at end of recorded event

I need to send an IR command at the end of a recorded event. Does anyone know how this can be accomplished?
Old 01-30-2008, 08:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by exponent View Post
I need to send an IR command at the end of a recorded event. Does anyone know how this can be accomplished?
I don't think it is possible, maybe someone else can tell you if you can do this with a modified STV.

However, is it possible to send the command before a recording instead of just after? Actually it may be possible because the start of a recording is sort of the end of the previous recording (with a slight delay). If you can turn it that way, then you can do it (that depends on the purpose of this IR command).

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

Well, I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not. I'm thinking there must be an easier way, but perhaps you could just Rube Goldberg it.

Here's what I'm thinking.

First, make sure you've got the IR command in your IR file, and give it a one letter name.

Then, create a new channel. Just pick a number out of a hat. As long as it's not an existing channel. Remap the physical channel number to the number plus the IR command name. For example, channel 100 would become say channel 100B.

Then, each time you want to send that command after a recording, make a manual recording for that new channel that starts when the other one is to end. That way, your command is sent when the channel is changed.

You can then delete those 1 minute recordings as you like.

As I said, it may be too complicated and it may be a pain in the ass, but it should work. This would probably be okay if you just need to do it occasionally.

Hopefully, someone will step forward with a better solution.

I'm thinking that if Sagewake can parse the recordings schedule and wake the computer, someone should be able to code a program to do the same, but send an IR command instead.

For what its worth, I hope this helps.

Steve