SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 01-23-2004, 09:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

v2 suggestions

So far I have 2 suggestions.

1) When watching TV, if you bring up the info overlay menus the text describing the current show is entirely too small. Could you an option to make the text size larger?

2) Make all menus wrap around. That is if you get to the bottom make it pop back up to the top.

3) So I thought of a 3rd when I got to it, my last suggestion would be to take away the straight lines around the outside of the screen. I for one get a lot of bending on my TV around the edges that just makes those straight lines look ugly.

But so far it looks good...
Old 01-23-2004, 09:43 PM
Sage User

>> 2) Make all menus wrap around. That is if you get to the bottom make it pop back up to the top.

V2 Release Notes:
#20. Add wrap around scrolling for Live TV Guide
#21. Add wrap around focus navigation

-F
Old 01-24-2004, 10:29 AM
Sage Icon

I realize these things probably aren't bugs, but are bothersome to me. It would be nice to have these things resolved or some kind of work around by the time Sage2 goes public.

I too think the text describing the current show is entirely too small.

Also, in 1.4, I was able to press the Go button on my remote to go back to the last "guide" I was in. For example, If I'm listening to music and press 'Go', Sage will go back to the list of songs I was just at...or if I was watching a show from recorded content or the library and pressed 'Go' it would take me back to the recorded shows listing or library listing. Now 'Go' just takes me to the LiveTV guide - which is fine if I was watching LiveTV, but I'm not most of the time.

Other things:
Why do I have to press so many buttons just to watch a recorded show? I press 'Ok' and the program starts in the preview window, then to actually watch the program I have to either press 'Back/Exit' or press 'Ok' then select 'Watch Now'. This is annoying.

Whether I start Sage from the shorcut or the remote, my task bar always shows for about 15 seconds and then Sage comes into the foreground. I've tried clicking on Sage with the mouse to make it come to the foreground, but it won't do it until it's ready to. It does this every time.

I put Sage into Sleep last night and the Sage screen saver activated. I went to bed and at least 8 hours later I tried to wake Sage back up and it would not. I tried the remote, I tried the mouse, I tried the keyboard. Finally I gave up and pressed Alt+F4 to close Sage forcefully.
Old 01-24-2004, 11:03 AM
Sage Expert

I agree on the pressing buttons 3+ times just to start watching a show. Perhaps being able to press PLAY from the show or guide listing to immediately start playing the program full screen. That would be nice.
Old 01-24-2004, 04:56 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to ErsatzTom
Also, I'd much rather that when the program begins playing in the preview it not affect "where" in the show I am. If I haven't previously started watching a show and I play it, I want it to start from the beginning.

t