SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-14-2008, 08:32 PM

Play recordings on Xbox360

I am new to SageTV and HTPC stuff but need to know if this is possible.

Assume I am running a PC with SageTV which records TV shows. The demo version I ran appears to save the video in .mpg format.

I have XBOX360 networked into the home network (and the HTPC is also networked and able to share the appropriate folder with xbox) and want to be able to play the saved videos on the xbox. Xbox support says that it supports .avi, .mp4, and .wmv

How can I get Sage to either save in a compatible format, or automatically convert into the format readable to the xbox?

I have tested Beyond TV and it had the capability to automatically convert (in the background) to .avi and this worked.

Can you tell me if this is possible and if so, how?

Thanks
Old 01-14-2008, 08:40 PM
Sage Expert

Look in the SageTV Downloads section for the Auto Compress for the Default STV, or if you're using SageMC, I believe it's built in.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:45 PM

Yes, I was using SageTV MC V6.3...can you tell me where the settings would be?

I looked in every menu.

ALso, I looked int he Downloads section and could not find anything about "Auto Compress"...can you provide link?

Last edited by chemie; 01-14-2008 at 08:51 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:48 PM
Sage Icon

If you are using SageMC, then you go into the series settings for your favorites. One of the options is to "auto compress series"

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:46 AM

Using the "series compression":

Does this compress every recording or just ones that have been set-up as a series. For example, I record one show only...does it still compress?

Also, what format does it compress to?
Old 01-15-2008, 02:13 PM
Sage Icon

AFAIK, in SageMC "auto-comress series" only works for series recordings, not for manual recordings. For a single manual recording, you may have to manually trigger a compression. I'm not sure about this because I don't normally do compression on my recordings.

As to what format, tons of formats. Sage has compression profiles for AppleTV, DVD,, MPEG4, ipod, razr, and psp. All of those can be compressed to different quality levels. And I think you may be able to create your own compression profile as well.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.