SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-22-2004, 02:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

SageTV Locking up repeatedly

Starting last night, SageTV has been locking up repeatedly. It's usually the result of a keypress or mouse click either in the menu system or to stop/play/skip forward/etc. SageTV has always been incredibly stable for me, this is the first time I have noticed such an incredible instability. The only thing that I think might have changed is that Java was upgraded to 1.4.2_03 recently. Could this be bad data coming from the EPG updates that is crashing SageTV? I even completely uninstalled and reinstalled, having to reconfigure my network encoders, and still it locks up. When adding back in my favorites, and searching for the shows I wanted to add, it would sometimes lock up as soon as I hit Enter after typing in the search phrase.

Am I on crack? What is going on here??

I am using sagetv 1.4.10 with one local encoder and one network encoder. In addition, I also have one network client (same machine as the encoder). Another thing to note is that I haven't been able to get my client to connect since this problem started. It always tries to connect and says "Read timed out". Last time I had this problem it was because my win.biz was corrupted so I had to delete and start from scratch. I did that before trying to reinstall today and it did not fix the problem. This leads me to believe that the EPG data might be corrupted. ... more information about my EPG data:
Zip: 94086
Comcast - Sunnyvale (not digital)
Extended lineup.

Please help! (hopefully sagetv 2 beta won't have this issue, especially since it's due shortly from what I read here =)
Old 01-22-2004, 08:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Fixed.

Okay... so I was really confused because Sage had been relatively stable up until this point. I finally figured out what the problem was.. It turns out that my client PC was connected and not in sleep mode. While using the server PC to watch TV, a conflict had been detected. When a client is connected, the conflict resolution window only appears on the client.. This has been mentioned here before, but I figured I'd post a reply saying that what I thought was a problem was really actually known "issue". Upgrading to the new Java version was not the problem.

-Dan