SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-10-2008, 01:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Try using a different city's EPG for the HDHR. I noticed that when I did my upgrade it hozed that city's EPG (I had been using one for HDHR and one for analog). I used one from one city over.

my next step (If I were you) would be to do a complete uninstall and re-install.

After than I would try to roll back to an older version as the problem is clearly something with the current version.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:35 PM
Sage Icon

Can you get somebody to look over your shoulder? Sometimes a fresh pair of eyes proves to be really beneficial.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:54 PM
Sage Expert

I saw some advice over on Silicondust's forums that worked! Specifically, the solution was that after a fresh install, I had to hit the Advanced button in the channel editor and assign guide numbers to each of the channels that I wanted to appear in SageTV. The other key point to note is that I did NOT run a scan in SageTV. When I added the tuners, I simply remapped the physical channel number and it worked. Thanks!
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 01-12-2008, 12:28 PM
Sage User

No Signal Problem with HDHR

I have the same problem described previously. Whenever I try to view live TV, SageTV says "No Signal".
I received my HDHomeRun on Thursday and got it set up and running fine withh VLC Media Player. The HDHR finds 50+ clear digital channels on my Comcast cable system. I bought SageTV because of the Media Extender - which I haven't bought yet, and because it seemed to work well for relatively tech savvy users that weren't afraid of Java. I have used DVArchive with my analog ReplayTV's for years with no problems.
I have tried all of the installation instructions and threads from both this forum and the HDHR forum with no success. I have installed and reinstalled the SageTV software (while deleting the files left over in the installation directory) numerous times, trying different combinations of solutions including:
Reinstalling Windows & HDHomeRun BDA Components (in various combinations after installation of SageTV)
Using the guide numbers from SageTV in the HDHomeRun Setup
Re-mapping physical channels, using just the xx and also using the xx-yy-zzz components
Scanning for channels (which are found by SageTV, btw)
and not Scanning for channels
I have also gone other way and, after a scan for channels have remapped logical channels in SageTV

I am using Windows XP Pro with SP 2 and all current updates,
I have updated to HDHR firmware and driver version 20070104
I am using SageTV V6.3.5.159
Java 1.4.2_13

My hardware is:
Intel Extreme Q6850 @ 3.0MHz (no overclocking)
Asus Maximus Formula X38 MB
4GB 1066 DDR-2
EVGA e-GeForce 8800GTS

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:15 PM
Sage User

Sorry, that's HDHR firmware and driver version 20080104
Old 01-12-2008, 05:09 PM
Sage User

I suppose that it is a good thing that it is the weekend and I had so much time to fool with it. I finally got it working. What I had to do was the following:

It turns out that I needed to scan for channels in Sage and then make sure that the channels that Sage assigned to the HDHR channels were input in to the Guide Number under the "advanced" option in HDHR setup. The twist on the procedure is that the channels show up in Sage as 2-3, 4-5, etc. and they need to be entered in the HDHR setup as 2.3, 4.5, etc.

From another post, I got the idea that I had to save all changes in HDHR setup, close that program, make sure that SageTV was closed and then restart SageTV after making changes to the HDHR setup.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:49 AM
Sage User

Another mystery solved!!

Thanks for Pat smith1969's steps to getting HDHR working with the latest release of the firmware and software.

I've also found (after working on it for 3 hours) that the first entry in the .frq file isn't watchable. I found that by "enabling" another channel in the HDHomerun Setup program proceeding the channel, the un-watchable makes the second channel entry work. It wasn't hard to find a throwaway channel proceeding the one I want; there seems to be lots of shopping channels available for fodder.

The adventure I had was configuring 5 analog tuners, one connected to an STB controlled with an USB IR and 2 separate HDHomerun units (4 tuners) all connected to Comcast for my signal.

As soon as I get some sleep, I'll write a ticket on what I found.

Walt
Client2: Win7 Pro (64bit), Intel Quad Q9650 3.00GHz, 8G Ram, Test/Work/Gaming system.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:33 PM
Sage User

Your find about the .frq table explains why my first channel isn't working. It is the first digital channel found by HDHR and it is TBSHD. I'll have to fool around and see if I can get it working but it isn't as simple as enabling a lower channel as there isn't one.

Nice catch.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hey guys -

I was having the exact same problem as OLDEENG -- the very first channel detected by my HDHR (ABC HD in my case) flat out wouldn't show up in sage no matter what I tried. This thread got me on the right track. What I did to fix it was this: Did a scan in HDHR setup, enabled the appropriate channels and exited. Opened the .scn file generated (in the sageTV directory: Silicondust HDHomeRun Tuner xxx-ATSC.scn), duplicated the very first line and put it at the end. Ran the sagetv channel scan and voila. My new .scn file now looks like this:
Code:
# Generated by HDHomeRun Setup
CH:1 major:65 minor:2 prog:1 phy:2 frq:1 #:KMGHDT
CH:2 major:80 minor:6 prog:2 phy:7 frq:1 #:KCNCDT
CH:3 major:80 minor:2 prog:1 phy:4 frq:1 #:KWGNDT
CH:4 major:80 minor:7 prog:1 phy:8 frq:1 #:KDVRDT
CH:5 major:80 minor:8 prog:2 phy:9 frq:1 #:KUSADT
CH:6 major:81 minor:8 prog:1 phy:18 frq:1 #:KWGNDT
CH:7 major:80 minor:1 prog:2 phy:3 frq:1 #:KRMADT
CH:8 major:65 minor:2 prog:1 phy:2 frq:1 #:KMGHDT
CH:8 is the copy I made of CH1.

Now it's working on my system.

-Justin
Old 03-19-2008, 08:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hey everyone -

Looks like SageTV 6.3.10 fixes this problem.

-Justin