SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-03-2008, 07:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Recording HD and SD shows

I have some shows that I only want recorded in HD and some shows I only want recorded in SD. Is there a way to get Sage to do this. I have two SageTV licenses so I can set up a network encoder if need be.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Just limit your Favorite to the channel carrying the HD (or SD) version of that show.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:07 PM
Sage Icon

And leave IR (Intelligent Recording) disabled or you might get both.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

It would be nice if you could specify in the favorite settings whether to record in HD or SD based on the favorite.

When I have to choose the channel it really limits the ability of Sage, ie if two shows come on at the same tiem and both need to be recorded in HD, Sage won't have enough tuners. If I were to let Sage manage it, it could possibly record one based on eastern prime time and the other based on western prime time.

Sage Server: i5-2500K 8 GB DDR, 6000gb HDD, 4xHD-PVR < 4xBell 6141, Win7 x64
Client 1: HD-200, Panasonic 42PX75
Client 2: HD-300, Samsung LCD
Client 3: HD-300, Samsung PN50C550
Client 4: MS Surface Pro
Old 01-23-2008, 11:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yep... very frustrating. I use the Play All function a lot to catch up on the late night monologues, and the un-Intelligent Recordings of the same program on an SD channel is extremely annoying. First, the SD station blasts your eardrums since the receiver volume is turned up for DD. Then, you have to manually fast forward through the SD show. Pressing "Up" on the remote doesn't help because it fails to mark the recording as Watched.

Another problem I have is with ABC Nightly News. It's in SD, and looks worse on ABC-DT. I have my favorite set to record the SD channel and to only keep last night's news. However, Sage very unintelligently recording a whole week of news on the HD station

Turning off IR would fix the problem, but I really don't want to do that. Sage should configure IR so that your Favorites are excluded from IR recordings by default.