SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-28-2007, 07:00 PM
Sage User

Categories / Subcategories

Is it possible to remove the subcategories from the video file ? Currently, I have a video library of over 300 video's and after dvd-profiling / IMDB compilation the sub categories have been auto filled. To finalize my library, I'd like to have all my movies listed by genre / category.

The reason I ask is because I do not like having a movie in 2 seperate categories. I'd like everything to be category specific and one entry per film.

Thanks

I know I could do this by going into each file and clearing the category, but I was hoping there was a behind the scene way to do this. Is there a database / properties file? Where are the categories stored?
Old 12-28-2007, 07:59 PM
Sage Icon

Not sure how dvd profiling saves the data, but when I do an IMDB save, I have the import set to create a .properties file. I do this with my videos in a temporary "untagged" folder. I can then open the .properties file and make changes to the file name, genre, etc, as need be. Once I have done that, I manually move the video and its associated files from the "untagged" folder to its permanent location and have Sage rescan the file and update the database with the altered data.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.