SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 12-25-2007, 09:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyellis View Post
Mine shuts off when I press the double FF button.....happened twice today, then I figured it out and I didn't press it again..

Gary Ellis
That sounds similar to my experience, but I hadn't really made the connection to the double FF key until reading your post. - Mike
Old 12-25-2007, 10:16 PM
Sage User

Happens here as well on a regular basis. I see it in both, the original SAGE user interface and the Sage MC which I am currently using. It never seems to happen during content playback, but when I am in the middle of cycling through the regular OSD setup and configuration menus.
-Melgon
Old 12-26-2007, 12:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

I think the extender may be mixing up IR signals. I have had the shutdowns on fast forward and have also seen the pause button on the remote give record options. If I cancel out and hit pause again, it pauses.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:53 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyToo View Post
Same issue here after installedin 20071221 fireware a few days ago. Mostly with the FF/skip buttons. I also have had the video playback stop and I see the top half of the video (with black horiz lines) and the bottom half just black. A power cycle of the extender gets it back up and running.
Mine just turned off again. This time when I was hitting the Channel Up (Skip) button. -Melgon
Old 12-26-2007, 09:19 AM
Sage User

I haven't found any correlating buttons to the "shutdown" event in the extender...mine just randomly turns off..A lot more frequently now that the firmware has been updated...It turned off just a minute ago when I pressed the guide button
Old 12-26-2007, 10:36 AM
Sage Expert

It happened to me this morning for the first time after I have been using it for almost 2 weeks. The only thing that has changed are
a) I updated the firmware from 1207 to 1221
b) playing .flac files
We were playing some album in flac format and were looking at album detail page. The remote was laying on the table and suddenly the extender turned itself of, only the red light stayd on (no green).
Old 12-26-2007, 05:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Has anybody tried taking the temperature of the patient? Maybe the heatsink is not up the task. Mine seem to be very cool but they are both in well ventilated areas. Heat is probably not the cause, but it is very easy to check.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Seeing as this has started to happen after the latest firmware update I doubt it is temp related.

More than likely it is the firmware

Just my opinion.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:10 PM
Sage User

Try the new firmware released today. With limited testing it seems to have fixed the power problem, but I need more time to test it.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am firming my ware as we speak!
Old 12-26-2007, 11:16 PM
Sage Icon

mine started exhibiting this tonight. trying the firmware in a few.

Clients: HD300 x2; HD200 x2; Placeshifter

Service: EPB Fiber (1Gb); OTA (we "cut the cord"); Netflix, Hulu, etc.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:38 AM
Sage Fanatic

Hi,

Between these random power downs and the poor IR reception my wife is not amused. I broke down and put the full pc client back in place last night. I may just be on the latest firmware release, not sure when I last checked it, but it was in the last few days. I will try the firmware update again tonight.

I am really wondering if this is related to the IR commands. The extender seems to have quite a few IR codes tied to each command. I tried blowing out all the props files related to IR codes and re-teaching sage the codes from my remote, but it seems the props files just restored themselves somehow. Is there a way to remove all the learned codes and start over?

Jesse
HD300 X1
Old 12-29-2007, 10:29 PM
Sage User

I too had to go back to my PC client a week ago. Mine started doing this with the 12/21 firmware and the 12/26 version does not help with shutdowns or freezes every 15 to 30 minutes. Anyway to go back to the older firmware? At least it was useable. You'd think Sage would at least warn everyone not to upgrade until this problem is fixed or have a way to go back.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
I too had to go back to my PC client a week ago. Mine started doing this with the 12/21 firmware and the 12/26 version does not help with shutdowns or freezes every 15 to 30 minutes. Anyway to go back to the older firmware? At least it was useable. You'd think Sage would at least warn everyone not to upgrade until this problem is fixed or have a way to go back.
I was experiencing frequent shutdowns after I upgraded to the 12/21 firmware. Since updating to the most recent 12/26 firmware, I have not seen a single shutdown. That would lead me to believe that the problems you are seeing have a different cause. Have you submitted a bug report to Sage?

-Dan