SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-20-2007, 08:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

"play all" plays them all but with menu screen up????

OK latest sage version 6.3.5.159

I have folders with videos I want to play all of, i.e. futurama season1
I select play all. the first video plays fine. then when it starts the second video it brngs up the previous menu. The menu with my video folder list. and keeps playing the videos in the back ground.

anyone know a work around or should I do a bug report?
Old 12-20-2007, 10:08 PM
Administrator

You may have the videoframe/always_call_fileplaybackfinished property set to true. Make sure it is false.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

thanks for the reply. I just checked it. it's set to false
Old 12-20-2007, 10:26 PM
Administrator

Is this using the default STV w/o any modifications?

When I tried it, it always continued to the next video and only went to the previous screen when that property was set.

Make sure you are checking the correct properties file -- if using service mode or a client, check sageclient.properties. If using Placeshifter or an extender, check one of the files in the 'clients' subfolder of the SageTV folder.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-22-2007, 10:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

ahh! I use sage on only 1 copmuter but as a service. I forgot to check sageclient.properties

i'll do that when I get home
Old 12-22-2007, 11:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
You may have the videoframe/always_call_fileplaybackfinished property set to true. Make sure it is false.

- Andy
Andy this is the part that drives me crazy about SAGETV they constantly change stuff without warning. This was driving my wife crazy yesterday. What does the average user that buys sage tv do they get it working then upgrade and then stuff breaks.

Unless you constantly read this forum you are in the dark. If anything the default to this property should be false.

Last edited by nyplayer; 12-22-2007 at 11:21 AM.
Old 12-22-2007, 10:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Andy this is the part that drives me crazy about SAGETV they constantly change stuff without warning.
Really, what I mentioned above drives you crazy? Then you are posting in the wrong topic and haven't been following the forum nearly enough.

Quote:
If anything the default to this property should be false.
It is. For your information, the property I mentioned isn't set to true by any option I'm aware of in the default setup provided by SageTV. The only ways I know to set it to true are to do it 1) manually, 2) possibly inside SageMC, or 3) possibly inside some other custom STV.

BTW: Is that property definitely the issue for this thread's topic? I don't know... while I know it can cause the described behavior, I don't know whether it is the only way to reproduce it. If it isn't the problem here, then setherd will probably need to contact SageTV because I don't know how else to reproduce what was described.

- Andy
Old 12-23-2007, 06:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Andy,

Yes that property corrected the problem... Come to think of it I did load SageMC to check it out then went back to the Default STV.... and I guess, the property was still set to True.

BTW Sorry if I over-reacted a Tad but I did have my wife yapping i screwed up again lol. She is happy now.

Last edited by nyplayer; 12-23-2007 at 05:52 PM.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:12 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
The only ways I know to set it to true are to do it 1) manually, 2) possibly inside SageMC, or 3) possibly inside some other custom STV.
SageMC definitely sets it to true.

Thanks for the info Andy

John
Old 12-27-2007, 12:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

I forgot to update this post.
my sageclient.properties was set to true.

not sure what stv changed it, sometimes I play around.