SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-12-2007, 02:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Hard Drive pending failure.

I currently have a harddrive in my server. That I hear a clicking sound its an old drive. It is one of my 4 recording drives.

My question is if I remove the drive from my video recordings directories will I be able to watch the shows that are on the drive??. I will keep the drive in the server until I can schedule downtime to move the recordings.

I just do not want anymore new recordings written to this drive.

Also when I remove the directory will Sage still see these shows as recorded and will not reschedule to record them?
Old 12-12-2007, 02:57 PM
Sage Icon

I beleive that if you shut-down Sage completely and move the recordings to another recording directory then Sage will see them as recordings just fine.

I had to do this procedure a while back and had no issues...
Old 12-12-2007, 02:59 PM
Administrator

If you remove a recording directory inside SageTV, SageTV can still see existing recordings in that location, provided, obviously, that the directory actually still exists. Another alternative, mentioned above, would be to move them while the drive is still working.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:08 PM
SageTVaholic

I am copying them over the network to the New Drive that I will replace the old one with. I just do not have a window of time to take out the drive out until the weekend. I took the UNC path out of sage recordings so nothing will record. The path still exists on the drive. I can see my recordings and play them so everything looks fine.

Thanks a lot guys