SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 02-03-2008, 01:49 PM
SageTVaholic

I did read it, thrice. Guess 4th time is the charm.

Thanks!

B
Old 02-03-2008, 01:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
I did read it, thrice. Guess 4th time is the charm.
Well, I wrote it & still forgot that step last night.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:18 PM
SageTVaholic

And if anyone disabled RC5, make sure you re-enable it when using the new stuff.

Thanks for the update!

B
Old 02-03-2008, 03:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Does the "URC" HD-100 file have discreet on and off?

Mitch
Old 02-03-2008, 03:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch G View Post
Does the "URC" HD-100 file have discreet on and off?
Yes... I guess I didn't specify that for the base file from URC, so I added that in the first post.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-03-2008, 05:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Great. Now, once I can order an HD-100 - when will they be available? (really I'm just yanking your chain) - it'll definitely help me set up my MX-700.

Mitch
Old 03-20-2008, 09:30 AM
Sage User

URC MX950 makes the 100 go crazy...

Last night I loaded the URC software and download the most current build.

The Sage extender is listed in the IR data base so I used it and set everything up but what the MX950 sends to the 100 makes it go crazy.

It seems like the remote is transmitting several times or something in that for instance when you are on the main menu on the 100 and the top menu selection is highlighted and then you press cursor down on the 950, the cursor jumps down three menu items and or makes the menu highlighter jump around on the screen, randomly landing where ever.

What have I done wrong? URC released this code for the 950. Are there bugs in this release from URC? I must be overlooking something.

Can anyone help? ;(
Old 03-20-2008, 10:43 AM
Administrator

I just downlaoded the update but haven't tried it yet. Of course, I don't have a 950, so my results may be different.

Have you tried the SageTV_STX-HD100_Device_from_URC.zip file in the first post? I know those codes worked on my MX-700.

- Andy
Old 03-21-2008, 12:03 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
I don't think it learns RC5 codes 100% correctly, so it won't use the toggle bit like it should; in which case, you can try the rc5_disable=true property setting.

- Andy
Have to agree, I have the URC-200 (one of their "consumer" remotes that's similar but smaller) and while it will learn the Hauppage commands, it's never been right. Sometimes it works properly and other times each button press will be recieved as two by Sage.

I've tried the rc5 thing and unless I'm doing it wrong it hasn't helped. It doesn't happen every time but often enough it's annoying. I was noticing that URC now has codes for Hauppage in their guide though. Wonder if they'll work with my remote or if I can get it updated?
Laptop: HP dm3z, AMD (1.6 GHz) 4 GB RAM, 60 GB OCZ SSD, AMD HD3200 graphics, 13.3" widescreen LCD, Windows 7 x64/Sage placeshifter.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

anybody have an MX-700 program for the HD100?

I have the HomeTheater Master MX700 remote and I was wondering if somebody else has already gone through the effort of learning all the codes for the HD100 remote. If you have, care to share?

Thanks
Greg

* merged *
Old 03-21-2008, 03:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gveres View Post
I have the HomeTheater Master MX700 remote and I was wondering if somebody else has already gone through the effort of learning all the codes for the HD100 remote. If you have, care to share?

* merged *
See the first post, above. It is even bulit into the URC database now & will be included if you update the MX-700 editor.

- Andy
Old 04-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via ICQ to valnar
I need to add two more codes to my MX-700. I am using the URC HD Extender codes from their database (within my Windows programming app).

I see in SageTV that I can link far more commands that what is available in the remote. I would like to add a button for DVD subtitles toggling and aspect ratio.

What is the best way to do this?

Robert
Old 04-04-2008, 09:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by valnar View Post
I see in SageTV that I can link far more commands that what is available in the remote. I would like to add a button for DVD subtitles toggling and aspect ratio.
If you don't want to all the work yourself, then that is what file #2 in the first post is for --
SageTV_STX-HD100_Device_from_URC.zip has all the native codes + Hauppauge remote codes added to fill out all the rest of the buttons, including all 4 pages of LCD buttons for the SageTV device. There should already be buttons on page 4 labelled for DVD control. All you would have to do is assign the extra buttons to the appropriate commands in SageTV because the Hauppauge codes are preset for normal control of the HD100.

- Andy
Old 04-05-2008, 06:15 AM
Sage Icon

I'd prefer not to have hidden devices. Is there a better way?

Robert
Old 04-05-2008, 10:24 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I'd prefer not to have hidden devices. Is there a better way?
If you find one, let me know.

URC told me that the MX-700 should be able to learn RC5 codes properly now (so that it sends both toggle codes), but I haven't been able to get it to work. Learning codes like that, or importing them from a Pronto file, would be the only ways I can think of to get additonal codes added to a device w/o linking to hidden devices. But, I don't use page 2 from the main screen, so hidden devices don't bother me & the built-in codes are the only RC5 codes that are reliable enough for me.

- Andy
Old 04-05-2008, 11:28 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
If you find one, let me know.

URC told me that the MX-700 should be able to learn RC5 codes properly now (so that it sends both toggle codes), but I haven't been able to get it to work. Learning codes like that, or importing them from a Pronto file, would be the only ways I can think of to get additonal codes added to a device w/o linking to hidden devices. But, I don't use page 2 from the main screen, so hidden devices don't bother me & the built-in codes are the only RC5 codes that are reliable enough for me.

- Andy
I own two MX-700 remotes, so I'll temporarily go through the process of adding the two hidden remotes to one of them, then teach them to the other.

For the purpose of adding, deleting or archiving different devices, it's easier to have it all in one.

Robert
Old 04-05-2008, 11:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I own two MX-700 remotes, so I'll temporarily go through the process of adding the two hidden remotes to one of them, then teach them to the other.
I would interested in hearing how it turns out -- I could never get learned codes to toggle or even work 100% correctly.

- Andy
Old 04-05-2008, 05:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I would interested in hearing how it turns out -- I could never get learned codes to toggle or even work 100% correctly.
OK, by changing a couple codes in Sage and learning some Hauppauge codes on my MX-700, I have it under one remote device file.

The missing features from the HD Extender that I wanted were DVD-Title, DVD Subtitle change, DVD Angle change and Videos button (goes to "videos", not recordings)

I changed the four Hauppauge color buttons to map to those functions in Sage.

RED = DVD Title = code 6091
YELLOW = DVD Subtitle change = code 6136
GREEN = DVD Angle change = code 6126
BLUE = Videos = code 6121

Now, the buttons are programmed perfectly, *but* SageTV apparently has a bug with subtitle change. It doesn't work right. Neither does the code from a real Hauppauge remote when assigned as such. Since no code is normally assigned to subtitles, it's not possible to test unless you try it. What happens to me is the video forwards about 5-10 seconds, and MAYBE will change the subtitle language. Please give it a shot.

-Robert
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageHDExtender.zip (3.2 KB, 460 views)
Old 04-05-2008, 10:10 PM
Administrator

If you are having a problem with the subtitle change command, you should report that to SageTV.

BTW: the learned buttons aren't programmed perfectly -- they don't toggle like RC5 codes should. I doubt that will affect your subtitle issue, especially since you said you tried it with the original remote too, but you may run into (possibly subtle) issues using those buttons with SageTV.

- Any
Old 02-01-2009, 08:33 AM
Sage User

mx700 and HD200

Hello,

Will the hd100 file for mx700 also work for the Hd200?

Thanks,

Tom