SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV Europe (Miscellaneous)
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Europe (Miscellaneous) SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from other part of Eurpoe - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in Europe.

Old 12-10-2007, 02:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Angry HD Extender not available outside US/CAN

Guys in the UK.

Looks like we are going to have to wait a while....

Apparently, SageTV have not got CE approval or they have some licensing issues to work.

If you've already ordered one, I am told that the order will be canceled.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Very annoying!

Very annoying!

If they'd told us that UK users couldnt buy it before, I wouldn't have upgraded to the latest 6.2RC of SageTV and I'd have a working system!

As it is I've got a system on which the service locks up the system for 20+ minutes everytime it starts and that takes 75% or more of the processor just to record two DVB-T streams.

Oh! Forgot to say that fortunately this is on a 1GHz test system (My client), not my live SageTV box.

Hopefully this is just on the Release Candidate. If it's not then the minimum spec is now mis-stated on the SageTV website!

Still annoyed about not being able to buy an HD extender though. Especially as I seem to remember, from somewhere, that CE approval can take months!

PS Rant over!
Old 12-10-2007, 05:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Actually, CE is quite easy because if you know what you are doing, you can self certify. Its UL and FCC that's long because that has to go through a test house, which have waiting list erc.

I'm still running 6.2.10 and i'll stick there for alap. Did you do a clean install on your client. Upgrades never go well? I also assume you up have upgraded your server.

Just got an email from sage. The boxes are not RoSH complient and can't be imported into the EU. This means the contain prohibited substances, lick lead.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by motobarsteward View Post
Actually, CE is quite easy because if you know what you are doing, you can self certify. Its UL and FCC that's long because that has to go through a test house, which have waiting list erc.
Good point, I'd forgotten that! I should remember cos I work for a company that has done it!

Quote:
I'm still running 6.2.10 and i'll stick there for alap. Did you do a clean install on your client. Upgrades never go well? I also assume you up have upgraded your server.
Nope! I always do a trial server upgrade using a spare disc kept for the purpose. I Just stick it in the client along with a Nova-T 500 card and try the upgrade. It usually gives me confidence in the process and allows me to work out the tricky bits. (a Java upgrade 1st in this case)

Quote:
Just got an email from sage. The boxes are not RoSH complient and can't be imported into the EU. This means the contain prohibited substances, lick lead.
Ah! That's much more of a problem. At the very least it probably means the EU version will cost more (The few parts I've looked were all more expensive if RoHS complient) and it may mean indefinite delays if some part is not available in RoSH form.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

HD Media extender not available in EU

Just so you all know, due to RoSH Non Complience, SageTV will not be exporting the HD Extender outside of the US and Canada for the time being.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:49 AM
Sage Fanatic

Luckily we only have one part-time HD channel here.

Hopefully it will all be sorted in time for when we get some real channels.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

Part way there...

Quote:
Just so you all know, due to RoSH Non Complience, SageTV will not be exporting the HD Extender outside of the US and Canada for the time being.
Just a data point. The much maligned remote for the extender is RoHS compliant, had the sticker on the wrapper.

DQ
Headless Backend AMD 5050e (XP Pro), 4G Memory, 3TB, storage, Sage 6.5, R5000, 2 HD PVR, CFI ESATA enclosure (3 TB), UNRAID server with ~26TB and growing 3 HD300 extenders and 1 HD200 cranking away over Gigabit ethernet
Old 03-24-2008, 05:38 AM

Hi im seeing the HD extenders on sale through TranquilPC in the UK as part of their new M-one whs/sageTV setup ( http://www.tranquilpc-shop.co.uk/aca...IA_SERVER.html so im assuming CE approval etc has been sorted, are the sage branded ones going to be for sale soon ?
Old 03-24-2008, 06:47 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipside View Post
Hi im seeing the HD extenders on sale through TranquilPC in the UK as part of their new M-one whs/sageTV setup ( http://www.tranquilpc-shop.co.uk/aca...IA_SERVER.html so im assuming CE approval etc has been sorted, are the sage branded ones going to be for sale soon ?
The second batch which sold out could also be shipped to Europe.

A few of us grabbed our units
Old 03-24-2008, 09:40 AM

Im guessing they had the US power lead on them , but is it detachable and if you dont mind me asking what did you pay in total ?

Thanks

M
Old 03-24-2008, 02:11 PM
Sage Icon

Yes they had a US plug - just cut it off and replaced with a local plug.

The cost was $199 + $58.5 for shipping.

In my case there was no additional cost like customs etc.

I think for some other countries there may be customs charges.