SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 12-04-2007, 10:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

HD Extender + Sage Server + HDHomerun Question

Not sure if this forum or the hardware forum is the best place for this question....

If I purchase a setup with HDhomeRun, the Sage server software, and a HD Extender (coming soon), will I be able to use the Extender remote to fast-forward / rewind / pause shows played back on the Extender ????? Does that include Live TV as well ?

I thought I read something on the SiliconDust forum about the HDHR not supporting remote controls (or does that apply just to viewing Live TV on the HDHR not using Sage) ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

To my knowledge HDHR cannot (yet) be controlled with a remote control. However, when you use the remote with STV or an extender, you are not controlling the tuner directly. The remote tells STV what to do and it communicates with the HDHR tuner over the network.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyodor View Post
To my knowledge HDHR cannot (yet) be controlled with a remote control. However, when you use the remote with STV or an extender, you are not controlling the tuner directly. The remote tells STV what to do and it communicates with the HDHR tuner over the network.
So I would be okay (ie remote-enabled) for pre-recorded shows but just not for Live TV ?
Old 12-04-2007, 11:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Diginerd Send a message via Yahoo to Diginerd
Anything you are watching is recorded to disk, so you will be able to "Trick Play" live TV via the exteneder, no matter the source.

i.e., pause live TV, skip forwards up to "Now" and backwards to whenever you started watching the show. This is true to HDHomeRun, PVR 150 Cards, you name it.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diginerd View Post
Anything you are watching is recorded to disk, so you will be able to "Trick Play" live TV via the exteneder, no matter the source.

i.e., pause live TV, skip forwards up to "Now" and backwards to whenever you started watching the show. This is true to HDHomeRun, PVR 150 Cards, you name it.
Sweet. Thanks for the confirmation.

Hopefully I will be a new Sage user very soon.