SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 10-01-2007, 05:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

NHL Center Ice

Ok, so I ordered Center Ice through Dish Network again this year. And yet again, no guide data from Zap2it. I opened a case last year with Sage to contact Zap2It and this is still not resolved....Just wondering if there is a work around that anyone has come across to fix the issue? If it happens again this year, I'm done with Sage....

Deliverer
Old 10-05-2007, 08:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

The Zap2It guide for my area has the games listed. Just on the wrong channels.

I have attached a couple images below. One is of the Zap2It listing of the games, the other is from the bell site. The channel numbers are different between the two. On the Zap2it listings there is no data on the actual NHL CI channels.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NHL-CI-Zap2it.jpg (105.9 KB, 287 views)
File Type: jpg NHL-CI-bell.jpg (119.4 KB, 297 views)

Sage Server: i5-2500K 8 GB DDR, 6000gb HDD, 4xHD-PVR < 4xBell 6141, Win7 x64
Client 1: HD-200, Panasonic 42PX75
Client 2: HD-300, Samsung LCD
Client 3: HD-300, Samsung PN50C550
Client 4: MS Surface Pro
Old 10-15-2007, 03:11 AM
Sage Expert

Has anyone come up with a solution for this? All of the SD NHL Center Ice channels just show "OFF AIR" whether there is a game on or not. I don't even see the HD NHL Center Ice channels on the channel list for "Dish Network - USA". Being able to record and watch hockey games in HD is a big part of the reason that I've sunk thousands of dollars into rebuilding my SageTV setup to use r5000/Dish Network.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by turak View Post
Has anyone come up with a solution for this? All of the SD NHL Center Ice channels just show "OFF AIR" whether there is a game on or not. I don't even see the HD NHL Center Ice channels on the channel list for "Dish Network - USA". Being able to record and watch hockey games in HD is a big part of the reason that I've sunk thousands of dollars into rebuilding my SageTV setup to use r5000/Dish Network.
I sent a support request to Sage about this. They said they contacted zaptoit about it. I use timed recordings via the web server to schedule the recordings of Center Ice HD feeds on Dish
Old 10-15-2007, 05:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

I sent another request to support for an update. It's killing me. Why does TWC get guide data for Center ice, but not Dish? Both are available in my zip code. I guess next year I buy Center Ice with TWC and cancel Dish? Riduculous, but I guess that is what I may have to do?
Old 10-15-2007, 06:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

I wonder whose fault this really is?
Old 10-22-2007, 08:08 AM
Sage Aficionado

So, SageTV Support crew who we know reads these forums, are you ever going to get Zaptoit to get this taken care of. Dish Network has the info in their guides, but not Sage/Zaptoit.

I'll admit it, I waste 10 minutes every game day setting up my timed recordings of the games I want to watch. Would be nice to not have to do that.

Last edited by NEOSG; 10-22-2007 at 08:13 AM.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOSG View Post
So, SageTV Support crew who we know reads these forums...
Where did you get that idea when it is stated in multiple places that this is a user-to-user forum, not a tech support forum? This FAQ talks aout contacting SageTV for EPG issues, but from your other posts above, I think you know about that already.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:05 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Where did you get that idea when it is stated in multiple places that this is a user-to-user forum, not a tech support forum? This FAQ talks aout contacting SageTV for EPG issues, but from your other posts above, I think you know about that already.

- Andy
Andy,

Thanks for the reply. I realize it is a user to user forum, but it is also pretty obvious that people from SageTV do read and post in these forums.

Regardless, Sage support said they contacted Zaptoit about this issue. Since this issue has been going on for years, that approach has not worked. Maybe it is time for them to try a different approach with Zaptoit, and forget the lip service in their support replies. If I am wrong, and Sage support is actively working on this issue, then I will be glad to apologize for calling them out. While I would love to see the guide info populated for NHL Center Ice and it's HD counterpart on Dish Network, I'm not holding my breath about seeing it anytime soon.

Just my 2 cents
Old 10-22-2007, 11:16 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOSG View Post
I realize it is a user to user forum, but it is also pretty obvious that people from SageTV do read and post in these forums.
Some posts may be read from time to time, but support does not monitor the forum & read all posts. You will rarely get a response from tech support in the forum.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have requested an update from Support BTW. I haven't heard anything as of yet.

Deliverer
Old 10-27-2007, 06:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

Good news. Support responded that Zap2it should be receiving the data and are working to get it setup. They put in a request to receive it. So hopefully we will have something shortly.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Bad News. Gist of email I just got back from support:

"I heard back from Zap2it and they said they can't add the data for NHL Center Ice. The said DISH will not release their programming schedules to
them for those channels."