SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-27-2007, 12:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

Google / Youtube videos ?'s

I am now upgraded to v6.2.10 on both my computers, Sage is running as a service on the living room tv (same one that is unable to access online vids)...

Things that occur (when accessing from main computer):
  • no video, screeching audio
  • various errors, -4 and a -17, both dealing with video rendering
  • sometimes changes to a black screen, sometimes stays in the " google/youtube" video selection screen
I have tried lots of things per other postings here on the forum... VMR9/Overlay, different "renderers", "decoders", with/without "5309" option, with/without Dynamic Customisable menus, running without service, loading default menu xml files, etc... I even started to compare individual files, and well, to say the least, got very confused in doing so...

My question is what all files are "tied" to accessing google/youtube videos? Reason being that I can access both (google/youtube vids) via the client pc but cannot do so on the server computer. I'm running Sage as a service and am really confused...

Both computers are very similar in setup parameters, both Nvidia based and both Gigabyte boards, fully updated to latest firmware for both. Only customizations are "5309", animations enabled, and Dynamic Customisable menus on both... the configuration is exactly the same where Sage is concerned, except one is running as service and the other is a client

no luck so far, so now am attempting to get feedback here on the forums.
Future plans: 1 more HVR2250, 1 Ceton CC 4-way tuner, 10TB diskspace
Issues: 1 PVR250 not working, system board?

Last edited by reboot_this; 09-27-2007 at 01:02 PM.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by reboot_this View Post
I am now upgraded to v6.2.10 on both my computers, Sage is running as a service on the living room tv (same one that is unable to access online vids)...

Things that occur (when accessing from main computer):
  • no video, screeching audio
  • various errors, -4 and a -17, both dealing with video rendering
  • sometimes changes to a black screen, sometimes stays in the " google/youtube" video selection screen
I have tried lots of things per other postings here on the forum... VMR9/Overlay, different "renderers", "decoders", with/without "5309" option, with/without Dynamic Customisable menus, running without service, loading default menu xml files, etc... I even started to compare individual files, and well, to say the least, got very confused in doing so...

My question is what all files are "tied" to accessing google/youtube videos? Reason being that I can access both (google/youtube vids) via the client pc but cannot do so on the server computer. I'm running Sage as a service and am really confused...

Both computers are very similar in setup parameters, both Nvidia based and both Gigabyte boards, fully updated to latest firmware for both. Only customizations are "5309", animations enabled, and Dynamic Customisable menus on both... the configuration is exactly the same where Sage is concerned, except one is running as service and the other is a client

no luck so far, so now am attempting to get feedback here on the forums.
There is no reason why you shouldn't be getting YouTube/Google videos on your server. My recommendation would be to save off your wiz.bin and wipe out your Sage TV installation. Do a clean install of 6.2.10 and configure it from scratch. (Don't reuse any of the properties files either.) Before adding any customizations confirm your YouTube and Google are functioning. If so continue one customization at a time and check until you are done. Also make sure to locate the updated plugins for v6.2.10. Some may actually be in a forum thread but I think most are in the downloads.

If it doesn't work after a clean install I would say your issue is PC based. A clean install should be the best way of finding the problem. As you can see you have already spent a lot of time & trouble. This should pinpoint it in less time that you have already spent on it.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.