SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-20-2007, 10:03 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
QAM support and multiple lineups.

There seem to be many threads about the forums discussing each of these in varying detail. I think it is time for a sticky explaining proper QAM setup and multiple lineups. I'd do it myself, but I am still battling with the Avermedia 780 to tune the QAM channels, so I'd not be a good one to say how to do it Anyone who has both working properly want to take a stab at it?
Old 09-21-2007, 11:01 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
There seem to be many threads about the forums discussing each of these in varying detail. I think it is time for a sticky explaining proper QAM setup and multiple lineups. I'd do it myself, but I am still battling with the Avermedia 780 to tune the QAM channels, so I'd not be a good one to say how to do it Anyone who has both working properly want to take a stab at it?
I second that!

However, I am too inexperienced in Sage let alone this subject. I am still struggling with QAM for HDHR and HVR-1600.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

I can give you an idea of what I have going on. I use three different lineups across my 6 tuners. 4 tuners are analog with 2 of them hooked up to STBs, and the other two are QAM.

My two analog tuners are just used for analog cable channels 1 - 99 (in my case), and they are using Comcast's lineup for my zipcode.

My two analog tuners hooked to STBs are for digial cable channels 100+ (of which I can tune into), and they are using Comcast's Digital lineup for my zipcode.

My two QAM tuners are only able to get locals, and they are using Comcast's Digital lineup for the zipcode in the next town over.

Before I decided which lineup to use for my QAM tuners I compared my lineup with the nearby towns and found a close match. Comcast has their lineups listed on their site.

For the cable connections I have the cable coming into my house and it is currently split into 2. One for my Cable Modem, the other for a 4 way splitter. (I have an 8 way splitter coming in the mail.)

What I did to figure out what each QAM channel was, was watch it and see what was playing or the Station ID if it was shown in the corner. I created a spreadsheet with that information. Later on, I did the same thing again, and was able to determine which channels were On Demand. Once I gathered that information I did a remap (Map Different Station to this Physical Address) and mapped it to the HD equivalent in my lineup ~200 - 240.

If you have questions please feel free to ask away.

This should be a good start, plus I get to leave work now

Thanks,
Protoman

- 1x HD 300
- 2x HD 200
Old 09-21-2007, 05:11 PM
Sage User

protoman

I did about the same with my mappings.
I also did a spreadsheet with the HDHR.
with the 1600 I did the scan and re-mapped one by one.
(with the 1600 i had my sheet from HDHR, but you could hit View, then remap after you recognize the channel.)

I posted a walk thru in another thread.....

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...48&postcount=2

GO Bears!