SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Placeshifter
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Placeshifter Discussion related to the SageTV Placeshifter application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Placeshifter software application should be posted here.

Old 09-05-2007, 08:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

Placeshifter, USB-UIRT and Hauppauge remote

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me with setting up my Hauppauge remote with Placeshifter.

I have setup a USB-UIRT and configured my Placeshifter settings to accept remote control over the USB port. I have tested and Placeshifter sees the IR signal when I press a button on my Hauppauge 45 button remote.

Is there a way to setup Placeshifter to recognize the signals from the 45 button remote without programming each button one by one inside setup ? I have looked but can't find one. Or, would someone share the properties files or something like that with the remote already programmed that I could copy in the properties folder ?

Programming each button one by one will be so tedious ...

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have the same problem. Only solution I found was to buy a new remote, but if anyone has a way to get the huppague remote to work without programming every button please tell.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

There has to be a better way ...
Old 09-07-2007, 09:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

My quest continues ... I have some more questions. If I can sort this out, I will be happy to write an FAQ and share the appropriate files to make it easy for the next user.

I have found a "RemoteClients.properties.defaults" file that appears to have some definitions of IR signal and functions.

Is this file the IR definition for the Hauppauge IR remote ?

Where does the client, in this case, Placeshifter store the data to know how to interpret an IR signal received by the USB-UIRT into the appropriate command ?

How would I copy the necessary file/text to the properties for the Placeshifter client to allow me to use the Hauppauge remote through the USB-UIRT ?
Old 09-07-2007, 10:22 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berg View Post
I have found a "RemoteClients.properties.defaults" file that appears to have some definitions of IR signal and functions.
These are the default definitions for a remote client like the MVP... not sure what other clients use those IR codes.

Quote:
Where does the client, in this case, Placeshifter store the data to know how to interpret an IR signal received by the USB-UIRT into the appropriate command ?
Remote clients (PS and MVP) store their properties files in the "clients" subdirectory where SageTV is installed. When you customize the PS client, it will store its settings there, including for remote IR code definitions.

Quote:
How would I copy the necessary file/text to the properties for the Placeshifter client to allow me to use the Hauppauge remote through the USB-UIRT ?
The ui/rc_mappings/<command name> property lines are the ones you want. You would probably have to assign the remote buttons for each command, but after you do that for one PS client, you could copy the appropriate lines to another PS properties file while that PS client is not connected.

Don't forget: the Hauppauge remote uses a toggle code, so you would have to learn each button twice in a row w/o pressing any other remote button in between.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
These are the default definitions for a remote client like the MVP... not sure what other clients use those IR codes.

Remote clients (PS and MVP) store their properties files in the "clients" subdirectory where SageTV is installed. When you customize the PS client, it will store its settings there, including for remote IR code definitions.

The ui/rc_mappings/<command name> property lines are the ones you want. You would probably have to assign the remote buttons for each command, but after you do that for one PS client, you could copy the appropriate lines to another PS properties file while that PS client is not connected.

Don't forget: the Hauppauge remote uses a toggle code, so you would have to learn each button twice in a row w/o pressing any other remote button in between.

- Andy
Thanks Andy.

Trying a short cut, I copied the ui/rc_mappings lines from the RemoteClients.properties.defaults file and copied them to the appropriate client's properties file and that didn't work

I guess I'll try the buttons one at a time .. I so wanted to avoid that
Old 09-07-2007, 10:43 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berg View Post
Trying a short cut, I copied the ui/rc_mappings lines from the RemoteClients.properties.defaults file and copied them to the appropriate client's properties file and that didn't work
That's to be expected... those settings in the default properties file are already in use, because they are the defaults. The default properties get used unless you customize one, which then gets saved to the remote client's properties file.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
That's to be expected... those settings in the default properties file are already in use, because they are the defaults. The default properties get used unless you customize one, which then gets saved to the remote client's properties file.

- Andy
... I knew that <grin>