SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 09-01-2007, 11:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sorting order for Imported Videos

Sage sorts the videos incorrectly. I would expect that it would sort alphanumerically, but it looks like it puts MP4 files before AVI files.

Is this a known bug?

Thanks
Old 09-01-2007, 01:30 PM
Administrator

It should be sorting the videos alphabetically by title or filename, depending on the video browser view... do you have a screenshot to upload as an attachment, or at least a list of what is shown?

What STV & SageTV version are you using?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Andy,
I have the same issue with 2 STV. I am regularly using iSage, but the original STV has the same problems.

See the images below
Thanks

Old 09-01-2007, 02:28 PM
Administrator

Check to see what it considers to be the video's title - select each one & look at the title shown in quotes at the top of the dialog -- I think that is what it should be sorting by. Is the title different from the filename w/o the extension?

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Andy,
The files are sorted correctly. Here is the full list:

Code:
F:\MyMovies\Avatar\Season2\Avatar - The Last Airbender - 2x01 - The Avatar State [Moonsong].avi
F:\MyMovies\Avatar\Season2\Avatar - The Last Airbender - 2x02 - The Cave of Two Lovers [640x480] {C_P}.avi
F:\MyMovies\Avatar\Season2\Avatar - The Last Airbender - 2x03 - Return To Omashu [Moonsong].avi
F:\MyMovies\Avatar\Season2\Avatar - The Last Airbender - 2x04 - The Swamp [Moonsong].avi
F:\MyMovies\Avatar\Season2\Avatar - The Last Airbender - 2x05 - Avatar Day [Moonsong].avi
F:\MyMovies\Avatar\Season2\Avatar - The Last Airbender - 2x06 - The Blind Bandit [Moonsong].avi
F:\MyMovies\Avatar\Season2\Avatar - The Last Airbender - 2x07 - Zuko Alone [Moonsong].avi
F:\MyMovies\Avatar\Season2\Avatar - The Last Airbender - 2x08 - The Chase.avi
F:\MyMovies\Avatar\Season2\Avatar - The Last Airbender - 2x09 - Bitter Work.avi
F:\MyMovies\Avatar\Season2\Avatar - The Last Airbender - 2x10 - The Library.avi
F:\MyMovies\Avatar\Season2\Avatar - The Last Airbender - 2x10 - The.Library 2x11.The.Desert.[maticus].avi
F:\MyMovies\Avatar\Season2\Avatar - The Last Airbender - 2x11 - The Desert.avi
F:\MyMovies\Avatar\Season2\Avatar - The Last Airbender - 2x12 - The Serpent's Pass.mp4
F:\MyMovies\Avatar\Season2\Avatar - The Last Airbender - 2x13 -The Drill.avi
F:\MyMovies\Avatar\Season2\Avatar - The Last Airbender - 2x14 - City of Walls and Secrets.mp4
F:\MyMovies\Avatar\Season2\Avatar - The Last Airbender - 2x15 - Tales of Ba Sing Se.avi
F:\MyMovies\Avatar\Season2\Avatar - The Last Airbender - 2x16 - Appa's Lost Days.avi
F:\MyMovies\Avatar\Season2\Avatar - The Last Airbender - 2x17 - Lake Laogai.avi
F:\MyMovies\Avatar\Season2\Avatar - The Last Airbender - 2x18 - The Earth King {Furf}.avi
F:\MyMovies\Avatar\Season2\Avatar - The Last Airbender - 2x19 - 2x20 The Guru - The Crossroads of Destiny {Furf}.avi
Old 09-01-2007, 03:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julianus View Post
The files are sorted correctly.
Do this mean you figured it out, or what?

What I meant above is that it isn't sorting by filename, it is sorting by the title of the video... which may or may not be the same as the filename. The mp4 files may be specifying the title via some sort of metadata for those videos, that's why I suggested looking at the pop-up video options you see when a video is selected.

(It used to always be the same as the filename w/o the extension before it was possible to use metadata for imported videos.)

- Andy
Old 09-02-2007, 12:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sorry this is not what I mean.
The list of the files is sorted correctly by Windows Explorer, but not by SageTV.
It looks generally SageTV does sort it correctly, only this list of files has problem with.

I tried renaming the files, (see bellow), but behaves the same. I checked the file names for hidden characters but could find nothing.
For whatever reason SageTV has problem with these files names.
Thanks
Here is the new list of file names.
Code:
F:\MyMovies\Avatar\Season2\2x01 - The Avatar State.avi
F:\MyMovies\Avatar\Season2\2x02 - The Cave of Two Lovers.avi
F:\MyMovies\Avatar\Season2\2x03 - Return To Omashu.avi
F:\MyMovies\Avatar\Season2\2x04 - The Swamp.avi
F:\MyMovies\Avatar\Season2\2x05 - Avatar Day.avi
F:\MyMovies\Avatar\Season2\2x06 - The Blind Bandit.avi
F:\MyMovies\Avatar\Season2\2x07 - Zuko Alone.avi
F:\MyMovies\Avatar\Season2\2x08 - The Chase.avi
F:\MyMovies\Avatar\Season2\2x09 - Bitter Work.avi
F:\MyMovies\Avatar\Season2\2x10 - The Library.avi
F:\MyMovies\Avatar\Season2\2x10 - The.Library 2x11.The.Desert.avi
F:\MyMovies\Avatar\Season2\2x11 - The Desert.avi
F:\MyMovies\Avatar\Season2\2x12 - The Serpent's Pass.mp4
F:\MyMovies\Avatar\Season2\2x13 - The Drill.avi
F:\MyMovies\Avatar\Season2\2x14 - City of Walls and Secrets.mp4
F:\MyMovies\Avatar\Season2\2x15 - Tales of Ba Sing Se.avi
F:\MyMovies\Avatar\Season2\2x16 - Appa's Lost Days.avi
F:\MyMovies\Avatar\Season2\2x17 - Lake Laogai.avi
F:\MyMovies\Avatar\Season2\2x18 - The Earth King.avi
F:\MyMovies\Avatar\Season2\2x19 - 2x20 The Guru - The Crossroads of Destiny.avi
Old 09-02-2007, 01:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I tried renaming the files, (see bellow), but behaves the same.
One more time, to quote what I said above:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Check to see what it considers to be the video's title - select each one & look at the title shown in quotes at the top of the dialog -- I think that is what it should be sorting by. Is the title different from the filename w/o the extension?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
What I meant above is that it isn't sorting by filename, it is sorting by the title of the video... which may or may not be the same as the filename. The mp4 files may be specifying the title via some sort of metadata for those videos, that's why I suggested looking at the pop-up video options you see when a video is selected.
Look at the dialog in SageTV that I mentioned above, not the filename in Windows Explorer.

- Andy
Old 09-02-2007, 03:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sorry Andy, I only understood now.

I experimented with 2 files, renamed to 2x01.avi and 2x12.mp4
The MP4 files has the title:
"212 - The Serpent's Pass"

The AVI file has the title:
"2x01"

So it looks the MP4 file has the title embedded, but the AVI file not?

How do I configure SageTV to consider only the file name for sorting?
Old 09-02-2007, 04:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
How do I configure SageTV to consider only the file name for sorting?
I don't know if it is possible.

When Sage started adding in the ability to read the video metadata a while ago, before it was stable, I tried to get them to make it selectable. Didn'nt hear about any switchable settings.

I ended up having to adjust/remove any existing Title data to get it to sort correctly.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:25 PM
Administrator

No, there is no option to sort by filename -- like I mentioned above, the tilte used to be the filename, but metadata can now change that & sorting by the filename isn't as easy at it sounds like it would be. I'm still considering what to change on the folder browser, but for now the best bet is probably either to change the filenames or the MP4 metadata to match.

- Andy