SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 08-17-2007, 02:56 PM
Sage Icon

No EVR support in the 6.2.6?

Is Sage not working on a fix to support EVR in Vista? I sure was hoping it would be in 6.2.

Thanks
Mike
Old 08-17-2007, 04:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'd second interest in this. It would really be helpful to us to have some sense of whether it's going to be forthcoming.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:27 PM
Sage Fanatic

Explain EVR please. I wrote the below in another thread. playback in Sage looks poor with my 8600GTS and the old purevideo decoder filter. Is this related to EVR? Do I need the old decoder filter with this newer card? I'm lost.

If its EVR, then put me on the list for support in 6.2.

Quote:

I'm still confused. I have an 8600GTS under Vista. I have the nvidia beta forceware drivers 163.11 installed.

I also purchased the PureVideo Decoder filter software for my 6600GT a couple of years ago. I run that software on my XP machine to get PureVideo decoding on my Server. Great.

I installed that legacy purevideo decoder software on my Vista Client machine with the 8600GTS and everything in sage looks like it hasn't been de-interlaced at all. Overlay with the Nvidia Decoder selected and ac3Filter for audio.

Playing the same DVD or recording in WMP looks great. The purevideo tray icon shows up while playing in sage and in WMP but the video looks different.

What gives? Is this because the nvidia forceware drivers are tying to do EVR rendering (what ever that is) and Sage does not support that? If so is there any means of getting good looking video with my 8600GTS in Sage at this time?

Since the 8600GTS is one of the PureVideoHD cards, do I not need to install the purevideo decoder filter software in Vista? If not, how do you adjust the de-interlacing settings etc.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:53 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanzee View Post
Explain EVR please. I wrote the below in another thread. playback in Sage looks poor with my 8600GTS and the old purevideo decoder filter. Is this related to EVR? Do I need the old decoder filter with this newer card? I'm lost.

If its EVR, then put me on the list for support in 6.2.
Yes, it's related to evr. Purevideo HD only works well in Vista with evr,and sage doesn't support it. I mean EVR has been around since the early days of vista beta. It shouldn't be a surprise to sage.

thx
mike
Old 08-18-2007, 11:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

This is what's holding me back from running Vista. I briefly tried Vista and found that even with an 8600GT Purevideo performance sucked in Sage.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Considering the PureVideo decoder hasn't been updated in over a year and is not ever going to be updated it's no surprise to me that it doesn't work well in Vista. It wasn't designed for Vista. I have had it working in Vista myself, even in Media Center. I switched to using the latest Cyberlink decoder (which supports PureVideo and AVIVO) and everything has been fine.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

So how about it, Sage? Are we ever going to get support for EVR renderer so we can ditch VMR and all its issues?