SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-15-2007, 10:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Watched Future Airings?

Maybe it's a weird thing in the EPG, but it seems to happen when I need to reinstall SageTV (usually to a new PC).

Of course I don't feel like manually recreating the 60+ favorites, so I just copy Wiz.bin over to the new machine and hope for the best.

Anyway, the problem is that I end up with is that future airings of some favorites (new shows like Leno that have never aired before) get set as "watched" and so never record!

a few questions:
- Is it possible that something is happening in Wiz.bin when I move it over?
Or is it just coincidence?
- Is there a better way to transfer favorites (ie, export/import favorites)?
- Has anyone written a Wiz.bin manager or editor to get in a 'clean up'?
- Is there a way to clear watched status on ALL favorites as opposed to clearing watched on each favorite?

I am running v6.1.9.1 on Gentoo Linux.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChePazzo View Post
Anyway, the problem is that I end up with is that future airings of some favorites (new shows like Leno that have never aired before) get set as "watched" and so never record!
I thought SageTV was using the show ID to track whether a show has been watched, in which case I don't believe moving wiz.bin would change anything.

Are you sure the future watched episodes really are First Runs? I just looked up future airings of The Tonight Show & it looks like most of them are reruns, except for one.

Quote:
Is there a way to clear watched status on ALL favorites as opposed to clearing watched on each favorite?
If this property is still in use, you could try setting wizard/clearwatched=true & restarting SageTV. If it works, I think that will clear the watched status of _everything_.

There are other ways to edit the Watched status, such as nielm's web server and the Viewing History menu in the hidden extras of the default STV.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

D'OH. my bad. they were old.

Is there anything that *could* get screwed up by copying Wiz.bin this way?
Old 08-16-2007, 06:14 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChePazzo View Post
Is there anything that *could* get screwed up by copying Wiz.bin this way?
I don't think so... about the worse that I can remember is that if a recording was at a UNC or other path location that is no longer available, SageTV would still think the file is there because it is unable to access the location to check the file's status.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.