SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 08-10-2007, 08:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Anyone getting good playback with 2600pro?

I can't get stutter free playback with my new 2600pro. Anyone have a 2600 setup that works for them?
Old 08-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

What's your config? OS? Decoders? Drivers?
Old 08-11-2007, 11:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

Gigabyte 2600pro 630/800
Athlon64 3200+
Windows XP
7.6 and 7.7 drivers - see no difference
sage 6.19
1080i mpeg2

I've tried every possible configuration I can think of
VMR9 on in sage
VMR9 set as default in graphedit with sage default
nvidia decoders
cyberlink decoders
FSE on and FSE off
All sage settings to default
All sage settings to VRM9 and Nvidia/cyberlink decoders

Basically, here is what I have found so far:
Cyerblink 7.3 decoders don't work with full screen - FSE on and off

So I switched to nvidia decoders:
VMR9 on in sage
Nvidia decoders
FSE on
CCC deinterlace set to automatic w/3:2 pulldown
This maxes out the GPU. In Riva tuner it shows 100% and any movement on screen stutters like the vector adaptive deinterlacing is lagging and the 2600pro can't handle the load.
Same configuration with FSE off and I get tearing.

So I tried all sage settings to default:
Set Video Mixing renderer 9 as default in DSFM
Nvidia decoders
Haali media splitter - icon does not show? - Always use dshow set true
CCC deinterlace set auto
FSE on
This shows GPU at 85% - I thought great! it will work! but when I maxed screen I get a video error out and it will not play

Turned FSE off and I get tearing

So I tried setting CCC deinterlace to adaptive (skipped motion and vector adaptive) and it plays fine with VMR9 set in sage and Nvidia decoders in FSE but the picture is terrible because I had to manually set the deinterlace and it cannot auto pick method anymore.

So, this tells me that there are two ways to get good playback.
1. fix full screen video mixing render 9 playback with FSE
2. eliminate motion and adaptive deinterlacing because the card can't handle it.

Neither of these solutions tell me I have any options for good playback unless someone fixes this in drivers.

I do have a couple questions though. Why does enabling VMR9 in sage max the GPU, while when I set default and use DSFM to set VMR9, I get 85% GPU?

Why do I not get the Haali icon in sage when I get it in media player classic? I have sage set to use dshow filters.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoboy View Post
I can't get stutter free playback with my new 2600pro. Anyone have a 2600 setup that works for them?
Seems to work fine for me, but I have an opteron 165 cpu in it... All on XP. I need FSE on though

Thx
Mike
Old 08-11-2007, 08:20 PM
Sage Icon

PS The Cyberlink codecs seem to work very well with the 2600pro. There was a choice to use hardware acceleration (avivo), and I use that. The purevideo decoders don't use avvivo acceleration, just some generic stuff that is likely running your 3200+ into the wall.

I would go back and try and make the cyberlink decoders work. Are you sure they were set up properly and that Sage was using them? DECCHECK.exe is the way to assure they are being used, but you have to use the powerdvd app to set codec preferences.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 08-11-2007, 10:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
PS The Cyberlink codecs seem to work very well with the 2600pro. There was a choice to use hardware acceleration (avivo), and I use that. The purevideo decoders don't use avvivo acceleration, just some generic stuff that is likely running your 3200+ into the wall.

I would go back and try and make the cyberlink decoders work. Are you sure they were set up properly and that Sage was using them? DECCHECK.exe is the way to assure they are being used, but you have to use the powerdvd app to set codec preferences.
Just an add on to this, you need to use the latest Intervideo or Cyberlink decoders. In fact I think Cyberlink has a patch to add UVD support for the new Radeons.

mikesm above is also correct about the Nvidia decoders.... they do not (and probably never will) support AMD's new UVD feature on the 2400 / 2600 series Radeons.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm just looking for mpeg2 accel. Mpeg2 on the radeons does not use the UVD. It uses the standard method. VC-1 and h264 are the only codecs accerlated with "universal" decode. When I started with cyberlink, the picture would come on for a few seconds and then go black. What are your settings for the 2600pro? I'll go back and mess with cyberlink. Also, I'm looking at GPU useage, not CPU usage. The CPU is at 35% while the GPU is pegged at 100%.