SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-08-2007, 08:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Strange timeline issue

Lately, I have noticed a bizarre behavioral issue with Sage (latest production version, XP Sp2).

I have 3 video directories; 1 local and 2 remote.

I will watch a recorded program and one of two different things will happen for some recordings:
  • the timeline will not move past zero -- In other words the indicator never moves past the 0:00 mark. Yet the recording will play all the way through. If I try to advance the timeline with the mouse, the recording resets to the beginning.
  • the time scale does not match the video timeline -- In other words, the program is 2 hours long, however, as the recording is played the time line moves much faster than it should. Hence after 30 minutes the whole 2 hour time line is consumed and the recording stops. Ironically the file size of the recording matches expectations for a 2 hour recording.

Actually, I see it happening now, the timeline is advancing 14 seconds / second. The video is advancing normally. When the timeline gets to the end the video will stop... this is nooo where near the end of the video.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by MrD; 08-08-2007 at 08:22 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:02 PM
Administrator

Check the first topic in the "Similar Threads" area at the bottom of this page & try making the registry changes mentioned there.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks! Sorry I tried searching, but I guess I used the wrong keywords!
Intel Xeon L? 32Gb
CetonTV cable card /FIOS