SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-11-2007, 05:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Sage prevents PC from entering S3...

If I put sage to sleep either by screen saver or tray, my PC never enters S3 suspend state.

FYI Sage is NOT running FSE.
In 'power management' I have sage set to 120 seconds. the default (AFAIK) was 30 seconds. Can I assume that if sage is sleeping this parameter does not matter?? In any case....

I set PC to goto S3 after a minute of inactivity, so long as SageTV running in any capacity, it never suspends. Tonight I 'Exit SageTV' from right click menu in the task bar.

A moment later PC dutifully shuts down.

I'd really like to get this working, as I had torn apart the PC to set the standby power on USB, and I read countless forum posts about programming my USBUIRT to wake the PC (works well), and visited the Harmony/Logitech website to reprogram my remote to send the aforementioned command, and add another button to emulate [ctrl-Z] to wake & unwake SageTV (which only wakes sage if in screen saver mode).

Old 07-11-2007, 08:17 PM
Administrator

I don't remember if library rescanning would keep it awake, but do you have SageTV set to regularly rescan the import dirs?

Do you have any plugins that periodically do things?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Plugins:

SageMC16x9 With iTV 'Skin' I doubt that a skin plugin could keep the PC awake??

Web Server. I installed this shortly after SageMC and use it quite a bit to find shows when away from home. Hope thats not it.

Library scanning: I could not find a switch to disable this in the UI, so I just deleted all the directories I had set up. (I use XBMC for Pics, Vids, & Music anyway, so I wont miss them).

I did download and install Commskip monitor (found it somewhere on this board). I re-ran the set-up wizard and set to check for new files every 60 minutes (was 30 minutes). And set the time windows to kill it from 1pm to midnight. But, even during the wee-hours, with the tiny volume of stuff I record, I'd expect it to finish up sometime overnight, and allow the computer to sleep before morning. Guess I could re-run the setup and tell to be off 24-7 to elliminate it as a potential cause.

Question: Do I even need commskip monitor - I see commercial detection stuff in the SageTV UI - Is this Sage's very own, or was it put there by MC16x9 & commskip monitor??
Old 07-15-2007, 09:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slack View Post
Plugins:

SageMC16x9 With iTV 'Skin' I doubt that a skin plugin could keep the PC awake??
That is not truly a 'skin', since STVs can do more than just change the appearance of the interface & that one certainly does. Try the default STV. If your problem only continues while using the custom STV, then follow up with that in the customizations forum.

Quote:
I did download and install Commskip monitor (found it somewhere on this board). I re-ran the set-up wizard and set to check for new files every 60 minutes (was 30 minutes). And set the time windows to kill it from 1pm to midnight. But, even during the wee-hours, with the tiny volume of stuff I record, I'd expect it to finish up sometime overnight, and allow the computer to sleep before morning. Guess I could re-run the setup and tell to be off 24-7 to elliminate it as a potential cause.

Question: Do I even need commskip monitor - I see commercial detection stuff in the SageTV UI - Is this Sage's very own, or was it put there by MC16x9 & commskip monitor??
I don't use this utility, but it would certainly be good to try things w/o it running, as you mentioned.

To track this down, I would suggest disabling all plugins to see if the PC will sleep then. If it does, then try the plugins one by one; if the problem is with one of them, then as I mentioned above, post a follow-up for that tool in the customizations forum.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.