SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-11-2007, 06:52 AM
Sage User

6 days into my 15 day trial

Hi all,

I am 6 days into my 15 day trial period. I must say sage is impressive. I have hooked it up to the TV only for a moment to make sure that worked, it did. I have spent 8 months on a mythtv box and never got that far. there are problems with ATI graphics cards and tv out. I am going to miss some of the things myth can do, but face it what good is a PVR with poor video quality.

I have to tackle the ir blaster issue next. I have the one that came with the PVR 150 card. I already have the red light going on when I change the channel but have not tried to hook it up to the cable box It is a SA 2100 (I think)

is it hard to find where to locate the blaster on the cable box?

will sage turn the cable box on when an automatic recording starts or do you have to leave the cable box on all the time? I assume it sends a channel to the cable box.

The big question, I have done some reading on it but I hope someone can give me a short step by step. I have charter comm. cable, the auto find channel found up to 99, channels 100 to 108 are all kids channels, these are teh ones I need to get. I have put them into the lineup but in the guide it says no data (or something like that) how do I get that data in there?

I read somewhere you need to connect to Zap2it I have an account there from my days with mythtv but i believe my account is being droped in september when they no longer offer it as a free service.

Thanks for the help.
9 days left
Gary

P.S.
when I buy it do I just enter a code when the demo loads or do i have to reinstall and set everything up again?
Old 07-11-2007, 09:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zane217 View Post
will sage turn the cable box on when an automatic recording starts or do you have to leave the cable box on all the time? I assume it sends a channel to the cable box.
You'll need to leave the box turned on.

Quote:
The big question, I have done some reading on it but I hope someone can give me a short step by step. I have charter comm. cable, the auto find channel found up to 99, channels 100 to 108 are all kids channels, these are teh ones I need to get. I have put them into the lineup but in the guide it says no data (or something like that) how do I get that data in there?
Are the channels not already included in the lineup you chose for you provider?

And, are you able to get those channels with a direct cable connection, or do you need to go through the STB for them?

Quote:
I read somewhere you need to connect to Zap2it I have an account there from my days with mythtv but i believe my account is being droped in september when they no longer offer it as a free service.
If you are using SageTV's built-in EPG data, then you don't need the Zap2it account.

Quote:
when I buy it do I just enter a code when the demo loads or do i have to reinstall and set everything up again?
Enter the code in the dialog you'll get when you restart SageTV -- see the License Key Registration section of chapter 2 in the PDF manual.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:00 AM
Sage User

Thanks for the reply.

for channels over 99 I have to go through the STB, the channels were not included in the EPG guide I downloaded during the setup, but I may have missed something. Ill have to go through it again.

Thanks for the info. Ill let you know what I find tommorow.

Gary
Old 07-11-2007, 11:11 AM
Sage User

quick update,

I was able to PC anyhwere into my sage computer and went through the setup again. channels are all there and the data is there too.
I think I set something up wrong last night (it was late)

The only thing left to do is set the ir blaster up. If I can get that working I am golden thanks for the help

gary
Old 07-11-2007, 07:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zane217 View Post
quick update,
The only thing left to do is set the ir blaster up. If I can get that working I am golden thanks for the help

gary
You say you're using an SA model STB? Mine's an 1840 - basic SD STB. Check the settings of the box. There should be a setting to change the 'Power On Keys' (might be worded differently). The options are 'Power Button' and 'Power or Number Keys' (again, might be worded differently). Bottom line, set it to the latter one. With that setting enabled, when SageTV sends any number to the box it will also automatically turn on the box if it's not already on. Excellent for when the cable co. flashes the box occasionally or a power outage and you forget about it - saves from recording many hours of a black screen.