SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 07-11-2007, 03:29 AM

WARNING - Dont buy an Antec Fusion V2 case if you expect to run SageTV

Friends.

If you are planning on building a SageTV based HTPC system, and are looking at the Antec Fusion V2 case then I offer this warning.

The Included VFD/IR (with volume control), is listed as MCE compatable. This really means it will only fully function under MCE. It will not work well with SageTV, even though SageTV supports the MCE IR remote natively.

It appears that the OEM unit Antec source from Soundgraph (iMon) has been specifically designed to only work with MCE. refer Soundgraph forum

http://www.soundgraph.com/Eng_/Forum...writingLevel=8

If you run SageTV with the Fusion V2, you will have only limited output to the VFD (does not display current media information), and you will only be able to recognise a limited set of remote control commands.

Pete
Old 07-11-2007, 02:27 PM
Sage Fanatic

I'd call this a problem but not a deal breaker for me. I have the Antec Fusion Black which I believe is the same as the V2 inside. I really like my case but have had some issues like you have pointed out. I also have had some luck getting around them. Check out this thread for updates

PJL I've seen that you have posted there already, I just made the reference for other readers.

Last edited by Humanzee; 07-11-2007 at 02:31 PM.