SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-06-2007, 03:27 PM

Angry How do I get rid of it?

I want to get sagetv off my computer but there do not seem to be any uninstall options. It does not show up in my add/remove programs and there is no uninstall program in the sagetv folder. How do I get it off of my computer?
Old 07-06-2007, 04:10 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmosis66 View Post
I want to get sagetv off my computer but there do not seem to be any uninstall options. It does not show up in my add/remove programs and there is no uninstall program in the sagetv folder. How do I get it off of my computer?

Of course there's no uninstall option. I mean, why would anyone want to remove SageTV?

Old 07-06-2007, 04:38 PM

Ummmm ... lemme see now ... because it does not work for me? Sorry but thats the best I can do
Old 07-06-2007, 04:55 PM
Administrator

Is this in Windows? There should be an uninstaller in the SageTV folder on the Start -> All Programs menu. If there isn't, have you tried running the installer again? It should notice it is installed & ask what you want to do.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:57 PM
SageTVaholic

It shows up in my Add/Remove list. But if you're not finding it in yours, just run the installer again and choose the Remove option.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:35 PM

I am pretty sure that I uninstalled it a few days ago. That would explain why it is not showing up in add/remove programs. The problem is when I run msconfig and click on the startup tab sagetv is still in there. Unfortunately something went haywire and my system (XP Pro) won't let me make changes in there. When I tried to make changes my XP was deactivated and now I have to call microshaft again.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:14 PM
Sage Icon

Sounds like your pc may have had lots of problem even before sage came into the picture...
Old 07-07-2007, 08:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

Sage really needs a clean system that's very conservatively maintained IMO. I have quite a detailed setup method from scratch and if I mess about too much and install anything I don't need, I tend to run into problems.

As for the OPs PC, it sounds to me like the admin privilages are borked. Whether or not you want to try sage again, I think it's nuke and pave time.
AMD Athalon 2400-M (2200MHz) 1Gb memory, nVIDIA 6600GT fanless, 1x300Gb pata, 1x500Gb sata, PVR-150MCE, Motorola cable box: firewire recording, MCE 2005 remote (OEM), Windows MCE2005, Sage v5.0.4, SageMC v6.13a, Pioneer PDP503-CMX 50" Plasma, HK630 HT receiver

Wish List: BBC radio player, AR correction in photo viewer, Netflix Watch Now
Old 07-08-2007, 05:55 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to laurenglenn Send a message via MSN to laurenglenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmosis66 View Post
I would think that you could just delete the "C:\Program Files\SageTV\" folder and be OK.

Sorry it didn't work out for you. I personally have left, but still keep coming back. The MVP support, the constant updates, user contributions, etc. are the reasons for me. It wasn't really until version 6 that they started charging for updates. You may have to pay for a license for an external tuner, but considing many programs charge you just that much to jump from version 3 to 4, etc.... it's not too bad.

But, to each their own.

Lauren