SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 07-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Sage User

which other personnal recorder software allow the PVR350 S-Video Output to work?

Sagetv can enable the TV output of my PVR350, but my Vista MCE can't (it display a calibration color bar instead).

Anyone know what other pvr software can support this PVR350 output signal?

thanks
Old 07-03-2007, 02:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonZ View Post
Sagetv can enable the TV output of my PVR350, but my Vista MCE can't (it display a calibration color bar instead).

thanks
I believe GBPVR does.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:39 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

thanks
SageTV and GBPVR has native support, but neither works well and almost everyone who tried to get it working eventually gave up, including myself. The design of the TV-out on that card is flawed. Save yourself the frustrations and just spend $110 for the MVP extender if you are using SageTV. The MVP is a much better product.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:35 PM
Sage User

Well I tried GB PVR and I couldn't make it work at all. Plus the program just have a crappy capture, it start to go on skip madness after 3 minutes.

With Sage it just a matter to enable the option in the setups and it works 100% good. I can't know if the sound is good however since I have a crappy speakers for now.

I am trying to figure what PVR software would fit best. And yesterday I was trying to see if I get better results with only exporting the video directly from my motherboard (which support native dual display), the image seemed to be a bit blurry and I would also loose the ability to have a different resolution for the screen cloning.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
With Sage it just a matter to enable the option in the setups and it works 100% good.
If it continues to work well for you then consider yourself the lucky few thats has it working 100%. Just search for PVR-350 on this forum and you will see all kinds of horror stories from crashes, freezes, EOF (end of file) bugs, etc.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:51 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamaniac View Post
If it continues to work well for you then consider yourself the lucky few thats has it working 100%. Just search for PVR-350 on this forum and you will see all kinds of horror stories from crashes, freezes, EOF (end of file) bugs, etc.
Well, that's why I ask because in here because I tried so hard to google what to do with that output on this card and I get mediocre results.

Touching wood I guess. The only disadvantage I get is it forced Windowed on computer display. I guess it what it suppose to be and why it should bother me anyway since I should be watching the other tv .
Old 07-03-2007, 08:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
The only disadvantage I get is it forced Windowed on computer display. I guess it what it suppose to be and why it should bother me anyway since I should be watching the other tv .
If the tv-out on your 350 is working for you, you can actually use SageTV while it is 'sleeping' in the system tray instead of open as a window -- you just control it by having the remote send commands via Windows messages. I still use the output of my Xcard that way.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:51 AM
Sage Icon

My Hauppauge PVR-350 works great with TV output. I am probably one of the few people on this forum with a PVR-350 that works properly, if I use S-video. I tried using the tuner input, and the signals are weak and snowy, even with a line amplifier. The signal to my televisions is fine, so it is a malfunction with the PVR-350 tuner.

I can use S-video with SageTV. The Hauppauge WinTV32 and WinTV2000 programs also work with S-video, but I don't use those two programs for anything but brief testing.

I don't know how Vista may be effecting your problem. I refuse to 'downgrade' my XP Professional to Vista. Maybe the Windows operating system slated to replace Vista in 2009 will be better.

Dave

Last edited by davephan; 07-06-2007 at 05:42 AM.