SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 06-10-2007, 09:52 PM

Controlling Cable Box w/ USB-UIRT

Hello.

I'm a real SageTV newbie and need some help with my setup.

I'm trying to use USB-UIRT and the IR remote that came with my cable box, but it isn't working.

Normally, that remote will trigger the USB-UIRT no problem (as indicated by the flahing LED on the transceiver).

The problem comes when I add a new source. I select the options for "External Cable" then "USB-UIRT" and finally "Add New Device."

I give the new device a name and SageTV ask me to point the remote at the USB-UIRT transceiver and hold down the "0" key until told to release it. When I do that, the LED on the transceiver does NOT flash. After a few seconds, SageTV times-out and tells me an error has occured while learning the remote control code.

While in new device learning mode, none of my remotes make the USB-UIRT transceiver flash. However, the learning function works just fine while setting up the SageTV GUI to work with USB-UIRT.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:52 PM
Sage Icon

You shouldn't have to train it in most circumstances. What kind of box do you have and who is your cable operator?

Thanks,
mike
Old 06-10-2007, 10:54 PM
Administrator

Are you using service mode? If so, try configuring the service to log in as the same user that is used when you use Windows to run the UI portion of SageTV. Or, try not using service mode while learning the codes during source setup.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:36 AM

To answer the previous two questions:

1. I have tried the setup using both windows service and application mode.

2. I am trying to control an ADSL gateway from my local phone company. It breaks the DSL out into voice, data, and three streams of video.

The front of the box is not branded, however a small plate on the back says NextLevel Communications. Model: Residential Gateway. Interestingly enough, the boot-up splash screen displays what appears to be a Morotola logo.

Additional Info:
-- SageTV 6.1.9.135 (Evaluation Mode)
-- JRE 1.4.2_13
-- STV: SageTV3.xml (v 6.1.9.0)
-- Windows XP Pro SP2

Thanks for you help!