SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-09-2007, 11:19 AM
Sage Expert

Lightbulb How did I get Here? (new feature request)

How did I get here?

I never thought we would turn the corner from never having enough to watch, to having too much!

Thanks to SageMC, it is now easier than ever to find what you WANT when you want it. It's so easy in fact, that I typically find myself wanting to know, what it was specifically that caused a show to get recorded. My wife and I routinely manage a list of about 60 favorites based on various criteria, we have intelligent recording turned on, as well as automatic compression, and she routinely looks for Movies to record, one-by-one on The Hallmark Channel.

It seems that it would be handy if we had the button for How did I get Here (A famous line from the old movie entitled Down And Out in Beverly Hills)?

Currently, If use my options button on my remote from inside Recorded TV, my options for a given selection populate as follows:

Title: Program Options
IMDB Search
Set Watched
Set Don't Like
Archive
Delete
Add To Playlist
Disable auto-comskip

I'd simply like to add "How did I get Here?" to the list.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy

Last edited by snoopy; 06-09-2007 at 11:25 AM.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
It seems that it would be handy if we had the button for How did I get Here (A famous line from the old movie entitled Down And Out in Beverly Hills)?
Not to mention a rather famous Talking Heads tune

Sorry, I have nothing constructive to contribute but I couldn't resist. I don't use IR but this does sound like a good idea if it could be done.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Just to make sure I understand, you're not looking for a feature that tells you how you got to a particular menu (which is what "How did I get here?" means to me). What you're looking for is an explanation of why a specific program got recorded.

In the standard STV, the red bullet icons tell you whether a given recording is a favorite, manual, etc. If it's a favorite, Record Options > Adjust Favorite Options takes you to the relevant Favorite details. So that feature already exists in the standard STV.

I'm not a SageMC user, but I imagine there must be some similar icon scheme and navigation path there. If not, I'm sure it would be easy to add. However if you want to make sure the SageMC devs notice your request, it would probably be smart to put the word SageMC somewhere in the thread title.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

I guess I misunderstood the question as well. I thought you wanted to know why Sage made the choice to record a particular ir (I guess it helps to actually read the question ).

Perhaps I do have something constructive to contribute. I use SageMC with Mike's awesome glassy show icons. There's a different icon for each type of recording to help you distinguish one kind from the other. You can find the glassy show icons pack in the downloads section under images. Mike was also nice enough to include a pic that shows you what the icons look like with a rather descriptive name under each one. I've been using them for so long I honestly can't recall what SageMC's standard icons look like but I'm pretty sure it has something similar.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick View Post

In the standard STV, the red bullet icons tell you whether a given recording is a favorite, manual, etc. If it's a favorite, Record Options > Adjust Favorite Options takes you to the relevant Favorite details. So that feature already exists in the standard STV.
It's similar in SageMC...

Dirk