SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 05-19-2007, 10:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
I debugged into it, and it seems the new DVDPro2Sage version returns the description in both APIs 'getDescription()' and 'getOverview()'. Previously the 'getDescription()' call always returned an empty string, so now the repeated description is 'kicking' the other fields off the screen...

I will need to change the SageMC DVD profiler refresh code to accommodate this new behavior...

Dirk
I just IM'd you but I think I should change the getDescription behavior, let me know what you think.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
This still isn't working right for me so a couple of questions.

I completely unistalled both DVD Profiler 2.5 and 3.0 and just reinstalled the latest DVD Profiler 3.03 build 1126.

DVD Profiler 3 now keeps the database and images in the users "My Documents" folder. So the path becomes C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Databases\Default\Images. In your DVDPro2Sage.java you define a static path to the old Intervocative path. This won't work for 3 will it?
That's basically a default, I'm not even sure it's used. All the file copying is handled at the STV level, at least for my import it is.

Quote:
Don't get me wrong I'm getting images because I've defined the default path for DVD profiler as C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Databases\Default. Is this wrong? I'm not getting front and back images, just a folder image in the video_ts folder.
I'll probably need to go back and look at the STVi again. I'd like to get the java cleaned up first though. Hopefully I'll have some time tomorrow, but we'll see how it goes. But if you're not using my metadata importer, I don't think SageMC copies front and back images.

I think Dirk covered the rest of your issues.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
I debugged into it, and it seems the new DVDPro2Sage version returns the description in both APIs 'getDescription()' and 'getOverview()'. Previously the 'getDescription()' call always returned an empty string, so now the repeated description is 'kicking' the other fields off the screen...

I will need to change the SageMC DVD profiler refresh code to accommodate this new behavior...

Dirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
That's basically a default, I'm not even sure it's used. All the file copying is handled at the STV level, at least for my import it is.

I'll probably need to go back and look at the STVi again. I'd like to get the java cleaned up first though. Hopefully I'll have some time tomorrow, but we'll see how it goes. But if you're not using my metadata importer, I don't think SageMC copies front and back images.

I think Dirk covered the rest of your issues.
Yes he did. Plus it was more oe less a sanity check.
So using your DVD Profiler Importer with the default stv will get the front and back images copied. I will test that out. Thanks for your efforts on this.
And Dirk-thanks for the debugging.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Give this one a try. Should be pulling the "correct" description, but I need to work on the error handling before I consider it stable (course lack of error handling doesn't seem to bother Sage too much )
Attached Files
File Type: zip DVDPro2Sage.zip (15.2 KB, 237 views)
Old 05-20-2007, 08:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Give this one a try. Should be pulling the "correct" description, but I need to work on the error handling before I consider it stable (course lack of error handling doesn't seem to bother Sage too much )
Right now I'm using it with the default stv and your DVD Profiler Import. Images and info is looking good except for movie description. Minor issues with setup in your DVD Profiler Import. I am setting the path to SageMC\collection.xml for the collection. Everytime you go into your setup it doesn't hold that and defaults to SageTV. The path for DVD Profiler 3.0 needs to be C:\Documents and Settings\Gerry\My Documents\DVD Profiler\Databases\Default. If I drill down to My Socuments all I see is My Music and My pictures and none of the other folders I have there. When I specified the path it asked if I wanted to create it. I answered yes and from then on it now sees the path. Both front and back is copied to the movie folder and folder.jpg is copied to the video_ts foler. But with the way I have the paths set I have lost the movie description in the default stv with your DVD Profiler Import added.

With SageMC as long as I don't try importing it shows the screen format ratio in quotes ('1.85') length of time in minutes, rating, and genre. But it lost the movie description. I know you and Dirk are working on this but I wanted you to know where it currently stands.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Right now I'm using it with the default stv and your DVD Profiler Import. Images and info is looking good except for movie description. Minor issues with setup in your DVD Profiler Import. I am setting the path to SageMC\collection.xml for the collection. Everytime you go into your setup it doesn't hold that and defaults to SageTV.
It doesn't actually "forget" the path, it's just dumb and it doesn't take you to what you set it to (and I'm fixing that ).

Quote:
The path for DVD Profiler 3.0 needs to be C:\Documents and Settings\Gerry\My Documents\DVD Profiler\Databases\Default. If I drill down to My Socuments all I see is My Music and My pictures and none of the other folders I have there. When I specified the path it asked if I wanted to create it. I answered yes and from then on it now sees the path.
That's weird.

Quote:
Both front and back is copied to the movie folder and folder.jpg is copied to the video_ts foler. But with the way I have the paths set I have lost the movie description in the default stv with your DVD Profiler Import added.
Maybe I have to fix the call I'm using to get Description since I fixed it.

Oh, how's performance by the way?

-edit

Since you seem to be happy being the guinea pig, and you've got everything installed, give this one a try...
Attached Files
File Type: stvi IVL0.7.2.stvi (483.5 KB, 251 views)

Last edited by stanger89; 05-20-2007 at 09:24 AM.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Maybe I have to fix the call I'm using to get Description since I fixed it.

Oh, how's performance by the way?

-edit

Since you seem to be happy being the guinea pig, and you've got everything installed, give this one a try...
Glad to.

Performance isn't too bad. I have 133 rips I'm now testing against so I'll time it and see.

Gerry
Old 05-20-2007, 10:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It doesn't actually "forget" the path, it's just dumb and it doesn't take you to what you set it to (and I'm fixing that ).

That's fixed.

It took 1 minute 15 seconds for what it reported to be 133 media files. Maybe a little on the slow side.

Gerry
Old 05-20-2007, 10:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out it it's unbearable or not. Was that with copying images?

Hm...

Note to self, add elapsed time to importer...
Old 05-20-2007, 11:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yeah, I'm trying to figure out it it's unbearable or not. Was that with copying images?

Hm...

Note to self, add elapsed time to importer...
Images were in place so I'm not sure if it just copies them again or not. I'll get rid of the images and time it again.

Gerry
Old 05-20-2007, 12:58 PM
SageTVaholic

It's not smart enough to see if there there, at least, I don't think it is.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for working on this, Stanger. I am in the process of starting my DVD Profiler anew and am moving to 3.0.3 and will check out the recent work.

If anyone would like to move all of the DVD Profiler content out of the My Documents folder, I would suggest setting up a junction link. If you are running Vista (or maybe Longhorn beta too) it is built in to the OS. Otherwise, I would suggest checking out Junction Link Magic (use Google). Works well. I just put all of the directories into the same folder as the application.

B

PS - I will be scanning in all 250+ DVDs prior to running your importer.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
Thanks for working on this, Stanger. I am in the process of starting my DVD Profiler anew and am moving to 3.0.3 and will check out the recent work.
Don't get too excited, recent work, well, still needs some work

For one, yes Gerry, it's unacceptably slow. Guess I'll have to rework it a bit. Upside is reworking it should solve some of the other issues.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Time for another try. I undid the XPath stuff, and it's way faster, should be on par with what it was before (maybe faster, it's certainly cleaner code). Also it survives my entire 2.4 XML (~400 DVDs) and my 3.0 XML (50 DVD, yeah, I haven't payed for it yet ) without errors.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DVDPro2Sage.zip (15.8 KB, 226 views)
Old 05-20-2007, 06:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Time for another try. I undid the XPath stuff, and it's way faster, should be on par with what it was before (maybe faster, it's certainly cleaner code). Also it survives my entire 2.4 XML (~400 DVDs) and my 3.0 XML (50 DVD, yeah, I haven't payed for it yet ) without errors.
SUCCESS!

Nice. 133 media files imported in about 17 seconds. Movie description is back. I'm using your DVD Profiler Importer IVL0.7.2. In the default stv I get the genre, year, actual file name and file name size along with the movie description. No errors.

If I view it in SageMC I get the movie title with (year). Time, rated and genre show up just above the movie description. I'm not going to try to import them in SageMC until Dirk has time to make his modifications.

I believe this can be declared a basic operational success at this point for working with DVD Profiler 3.03, IVL0.7.2, and your latest DVDPro2Sage. I haven't run it against DVD Profiler 2.5 but I'm not going to be going back to that anyways. Anyone that bought a DVD Profiler 2.x license can upgrade to DVD Profiler 3.0 free of charge. This was the last piece that was really holding me back.

Stanger-thanks for your hard work on this. It's tough to find the time to work on these projects. I know-my Sage Retro stv is in desperate need of upgrading. I'll eventually get around to it. But you have inspired me to see what I can do to work with your IVL import and maybe see if I can get something going that's just a little different.

Gerry
Old 05-20-2007, 07:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Cool, guess I'll assume it works and see how it goes. I've got a pretty wide variety of titles in my collection (meaning varying degrees of completenes), so if it can make it through all my DVDs successfully, I consider it reasonably stable.

On to other things perhaps now...
Old 05-20-2007, 08:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Hey Stanger,

I am using all the stuff from this thread and I do not seem to be getting pictures copied over. The images are in DVDProfiler..

Code:
mlbdude/DVDProfiler_Root=\\\\SageTV-Server\\SageTV\\DVD Profiler\\Databases\\Default

mlbdude/meta_data_collection.xml=\\\\SageTV-Server\\SageTV\\DVD Profiler\\SageTV\\Collection.xml
thoughts?

TIA

B
Old 05-20-2007, 08:20 PM
Sage Icon

Do you need to have a \ before the space in DVD Profiler in your paths?

\\DVD\ Profiler\\

John
Old 05-21-2007, 04:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
Hey Stanger,

I am using all the stuff from this thread and I do not seem to be getting pictures copied over. The images are in DVDProfiler..

Code:
mlbdude/DVDProfiler_Root=\\\\SageTV-Server\\SageTV\\DVD Profiler\\Databases\\Default

mlbdude/meta_data_collection.xml=\\\\SageTV-Server\\SageTV\\DVD Profiler\\SageTV\\Collection.xml
thoughts?

TIA

B
Look further down in the properties file for this:
Quote:
stanger89/ImageRoot=C\:\\Documents and Settings\\Gerry\\My Documents\\DVD Profiler\\Databases\\Default
stanger89/copy_images=false
I'm running mine on a client local so I didn't test UNC paths but they should work. (Unless it's that whole xpath thing )

Gerry
Old 05-21-2007, 05:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks guys, here's the settings I ended up with. I am not using SageMC so I dropped the other one.

B

Code:
stanger89/ImageRoot=\\\\SageTV-Server\\SageTV\\DVD Profiler\\Databases\\Default
stanger89/copy_images=true