SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-09-2007, 10:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

Favorite Recording Go Wild!

I have a favorite set up like this : Favorite Details.

The show started recording tonight on time but stop after 2.5 minutes, so I started to check around and find both last night's show and tonight's show, which should be in progress, are marked as watched. Watched

This looked weird to me, even though I did watched last night's recording. But it should never mark the recording in progress as watched. So I clear the Watched status on last night's show. Then tonight's favorite went on recording fine. After Clear Watched Status

Anybody seen this before?

Vincent

P.S. log files also attached here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FavDetails.JPG (44.9 KB, 442 views)
File Type: jpg Watched.JPG (48.8 KB, 331 views)
File Type: jpg Watched2.JPG (48.1 KB, 299 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip LOG.zip (159.2 KB, 197 views)
Old 05-09-2007, 10:14 AM
Administrator

What type of EPG data are you using? Look at the show ID for the airing s by looking at their detailed info screens & check out this FAQ. It sounds like the IDs are not unique for each show.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
What type of EPG data are you using? Look at the show ID for the airing s by looking at their detailed info screens & check out this FAQ. It sounds like the IDs are not unique for each show.

- Andy
I received my EPG data from http://www.jrobbo.com/dwxmltv/xmltvSydney.zip

I have also attached my EPGDATA.xml. From looking at it, each episode of "Letterman" does have a different program ID. However each Recording Detail does show the same ShowID.

According the FAQ you refer to, non-unique ShowID should causes every show to be recorded. Am I reading the FAQ right? But that is the opposite of what I am getting.

Vincent
Attached Images
File Type: jpg show1.JPG (68.5 KB, 202 views)
File Type: jpg show2.JPG (72.2 KB, 205 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip epgdata.zip (107.5 KB, 925 views)

Last edited by cychou; 05-10-2007 at 09:04 AM.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:50 AM
Sage Icon

If your clients are on they can watch them even though you weren't watching the client.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:39 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cychou View Post
I have also attached my EPGDATA.xml. From looking at it, each episode of "Letterman" does have a different program ID. However each Recording Detail does show the same ShowID.

According the FAQ you refer to, non-unique ShowID should causes every show to be recorded. Am I reading the FAQ right? But that is the opposite of what I am getting.
Your IDs also have a DT prefix, so they are not seen as a series ID -- SH prefix. Those DT IDs are probably being seeing as unique, so it thinks they do refer to inidividual episodes. The same thing would happen if they all had the same EP prefixed ID.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

After contacting SageTV support, they have confirmed this is caused by EPG data extraction from the DVB-t signal. So my XMLTV data is correct, but it is replaced by data Sage extraced from over-the-air DVB-t EPG data, which caused this problem. Hopefully this should be fixed in the next release.

For the moment I just configure Sage to ignore the DVB-t EPG data, and use my xmltv data only. This seems to fix my problem

Vincent