SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-06-2007, 12:36 PM
Sage User

No signal on HD channels, need assistance please...

Is Sage's sole purpose to drive me crazy?!?!

I was about to give Sage the boot a couple months ago, but the engineer in me said it can be done and just stick with it. I got HD working but with stuttering, then went to overlay and PQ went down some, but at least stuttering is gone. I had been experiencing some crashes lately. It's no fun having to reboot your "TV" and explain to your wife why this and that happens twice a week. The problem with it to me is that I have a clean machine, bought solely for this, and still get crash issues. Now, I decide to upgrade to new 6.1.9.135 in hopes that crash issue may have been worked out. Now HD channels all show "no signal". I have tried to change the properties setting as suggested in another thread

Since Transport Stream recording support is broken in this beta, try to change
"mmc/encode_digital_tv_as_program_stream=true" (to use Program stream format recording).

and have had no success. Maybe I have done this wrong. I know the HD signal is coming thru, because I can plug in directly to LCD and get picture. I get strong signals on hdhomerun config, but VLC media player will not show a picture.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Rusty
Old 05-06-2007, 01:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtwhbw View Post
Is Sage's sole purpose to drive me crazy?!?!

I was about to give Sage the boot a couple months ago, but the engineer in me said it can be done and just stick with it. I got HD working but with stuttering, then went to overlay and PQ went down some, but at least stuttering is gone. I had been experiencing some crashes lately. It's no fun having to reboot your "TV" and explain to your wife why this and that happens twice a week. The problem with it to me is that I have a clean machine, bought solely for this, and still get crash issues. Now, I decide to upgrade to new 6.1.9.135 in hopes that crash issue may have been worked out. Now HD channels all show "no signal". I have tried to change the properties setting as suggested in another thread

Since Transport Stream recording support is broken in this beta, try to change
"mmc/encode_digital_tv_as_program_stream=true" (to use Program stream format recording).

and have had no success. Maybe I have done this wrong. I know the HD signal is coming thru, because I can plug in directly to LCD and get picture. I get strong signals on hdhomerun config, but VLC media player will not show a picture.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Rusty
Have you looked to make sure the channels are still mapped properly? Cable companies might have screwed w/ something. It's been going on in my area a lot
Old 05-06-2007, 04:08 PM
Sage Icon

Are you using the 4/23/2007 version of the HDHR software?

The other day I encountered a "no signal" issue. I resolved it by shutting down SageTV and the hdhomerun_manager. Then restart the hdhomerun_manager and SageTV.

When you see the strong signal are you sure it is a unencrypted signal. I believe the only times I had viewing a channel with VLC was when the channel was encrypted.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:38 AM
Sage User

You need to make sure to scan for channels.

Go to your tuner setup and scan for channels. Should that not work, use the original software that shipped with the card and make sure that tunes channels.