SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-03-2007, 06:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Crusher View Post
That particular improvement would be huge. You could get so much out of being able to pick folders for recordings. Security, manage your own space concerns, privacy, ability to browse shows from non-sage interfaces with a higher level of ease. I'm sure this isn't an easy change, but it sure would be a great one.

Thanks
I would suggest that the 'Folders' be virtual - not physical (though it might also be nice to force recordings of specific shows to specific hard drives).

As a simpler implementation this would probably be a change to the SageTV Recordings Menu. Files would still be recorded and stored in the same place they currently are - just the navigation would allow a variation of the subfolders it currently uses in Malore's version (I use the Multi-Pane enhancements STVi). It currently groups by the show name or 'Movie'.

This would prevent moving large files just to get them into the folder you want. It would just change the listing, not move the physical file.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoful View Post
I would suggest that the 'Folders' be virtual - not physical (though it might also be nice to force recordings of specific shows to specific hard drives).

As a simpler implementation this would probably be a change to the SageTV Recordings Menu. Files would still be recorded and stored in the same place they currently are - just the navigation would allow a variation of the subfolders it currently uses in Malore's version (I use the Multi-Pane enhancements STVi).
Do you mean something like the option in the SageTV Recordings screen that allows you to choose how the recordings are grouped, so instead of just listing them all individually they could be grouped by title?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Do you mean something like the option in the SageTV Recordings screen that allows you to choose how the recordings are grouped, so instead of just listing them all individually they could be grouped by title?

- Andy
Yes - except with an additional primary layer. They would first be grouped by folder then by title (a subgroup of the folder). For Example:

SageTV Recordings
Scott's Folder
->Mythbusters
-->Mythbusters - Walking on Water
-->Mythbusters - Exploding Pants
->Movies
-->The Godfather
Movies
-> The Borrowers
Steven's Recordings
->The Suite Life of Zach and Cody
-->The Suite Life - Blah Blah Blah

Hope this makes some sense.
Parental controls by main folder (group) - perhaps even PIN by folder would be great too.

Existing grouping structure would remain unchanged - recordings would default to the root.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to wvpolekat Send a message via MSN to wvpolekat
The whole key here is "meta-data". Allow us to assign tags to them, then let Sage decide how to present them based on the criteria specified.

Doing this in the file system would be much more complex. But to add a tag that assigns an owner would be much simpler and could be stored in a table to be looked up when needed instead of moving files around.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvpolekat View Post
The whole key here is "meta-data". Allow us to assign tags to them, then let Sage decide how to present them based on the criteria specified.

Doing this in the file system would be much more complex. But to add a tag that assigns an owner would be much simpler and could be stored in a table to be looked up when needed instead of moving files around.

Well stated.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Anybody ever figure anything out for this?

Just curious if anybody ever came up with a way to do this.

As my children are getting older they are really cluttering up my listings with all of the shows they want to watch.
It would really be nice to have groupings - preferrably with a password option to tidy things up and keep my kids from asking me things like "What's 'Talk Sex with Sue'" or "Daddy, can we watch 'Jackass'?"

Also, I'd be happy to not have to sift through "Hannah Montana" and "The Suite Life with Zach and Cody" all the time.......
Old 12-20-2007, 12:35 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm hoping there will be a way in SageMC to just password protect catagories. This makes the most sense to me...

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-21-2007, 10:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I'm hoping there will be a way in SageMC to just password protect catagories. This makes the most sense to me...

i keep clicking on the 'adult' button but nothing's happening...
Old 12-22-2007, 07:13 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonTom View Post
i keep clicking on the 'adult' button but nothing's happening...
Did you enter your credit card info for age verification?
Old 12-22-2007, 10:58 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynedunham View Post
Did you enter your credit card info for age verification?

I tried using yours, but it appears to be blocked