SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 04-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Sage Icon

EPG issue when mixing HDHomeRun and R5000-HD

Hi. I have an HDHomeRun and a R5000-HD installed in a DCP501 that Comcast has provisioned. Everything seems to work pretty well, but I couldn't use the same provider choice during the setup of both network encoders.

To set up the HDHomeRun, you tell it which zipcode you are in, and then select the cable provider you are using. Then you go through, disable all channels, and then remap the ones that are transmitted in the clear, and then enable those channels.

But when I got the R5000-HD installed, when I select the cable system I am connected to, it gave me the same mapped channel options that I had set up for the HDHomeRun. If I change it to activate all channels, it seems to mess up the HD HomeRun config. I finally got it to work by selecting a nearby city that has the same comcast lineup that we do, but a different provider so the HD HomeRun config isn't messed up.

Is there any way to use the same EPG for both, but still use the special mapping for the HDHomeRun's?

Thanks,
mike
Old 04-10-2007, 05:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

I have had to do the same thing. I don't now way to use the same EPG for devices that receive different channels. I have 3 Dish receivers that that get different channels, due to R5000 in 2 of them, but only one of those is VIP series.

Thus, I am forced to use 3 different Dish EPGs. 1 Dish EPG to cover SD channels for Dish receiver 811 hooked up to USB2 PVR tuner. 1 Dish EPG to cover SD and some HD through R5000 with 6000 Receiver, and 1 Dish EPG for SD and All HD (less MPEG 4) through R5000 with VIP 211 Receiver
Old 04-10-2007, 07:46 PM
Sage Icon

There has to be a better way. Is this an issue for all network encoders?

Why is the mapping of channels done by effectively changing the master lineup instead of just annotating it so it can be used again in a different context?

thanks
Mike
Old 04-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Sage Icon

My un-SWAG is it was a core design choice for convenience before all the complications of late. So it probably won't change soon, but it would be nice if they did.

Clients: HD300 x2; HD200 x2; Placeshifter

Service: EPB Fiber (1Gb); OTA (we "cut the cord"); Netflix, Hulu, etc.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Can't you use an XMLTV importer to get around this?

You would set up a custom lineup for each piece of hardware... and use the importer to handle it for you.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am thinking about doing just that when I have some downtime. I would like to be able to do that so I can manually control PPV and Season Sports Packages entries