SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-07-2003, 02:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

SageTV and overscan

I'm having problems using SageTV on my EPIA M9000 based HTPC, simply because the SageTV userinterface isn't 100% visible on screen in overscan mode. I seem to be unable to get the toolbar at the top of the menu interface to be visible. I think it would be great if you had an option where you could specify the visible area, or maybe have some option to move the toolbar around like you can with the OSD. Since I'm using a wireless trackball rather than a traditional remote control to control my SageTV box, I really need to be able to see the whole interface on screen.
Old 04-07-2003, 05:39 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to laurenglenn Send a message via MSN to laurenglenn
Re: SageTV and overscan

Quote:
Originally posted by mlar
I'm having problems using SageTV on my EPIA M9000 based HTPC, simply because the SageTV userinterface isn't 100% visible on screen in overscan mode. I seem to be unable to get the toolbar at the top of the menu interface to be visible. I think it would be great if you had an option where you could specify the visible area, or maybe have some option to move the toolbar around like you can with the OSD. Since I'm using a wireless trackball rather than a traditional remote control to control my SageTV box, I really need to be able to see the whole interface on screen.
I think there's an option for display ratio in the Detailed Setup menu. You can probably set the numbers below 100 to get the display to fix.

My computer has a VGA-transcoder (VGA->TV) because the TV output is better and it has the option for Overscan, so I know what you're talking about.

As for the toolbar, in the meantime, you can map the controls (or buttons) to your keyboard and use that for the time being. If you're keyboard is wireless, that's probably about the best solution without requiring a separate purchase.

I think you can turn on the toolbar in the OSD menus. It should show those controls on the time display which is above the overscan area. If you're on the Guide, you can right-click on the program to get those other options.

Hope this helps,
Lauren
Old 04-07-2003, 08:01 AM
SageTV Co-Founder

mlar,

Can you see the SageTV logo at the top left or the time at the top right when you are in any of the menus?

Dan
Old 04-07-2003, 10:57 AM
Sage

There's another setting I made just for this because I've got one of those boxes I'm using as my HTPC. These settings allow you to compensate for the desktop being larger than the TV.

There's 4 settings in the Sage.properties file that allow you to correct this. Quit SageTV before you make the changes, and you'll have to restart SageTV each time to see the effect.

Here's the defaults:

ui/ui_overscan_correction_offset_x=0
ui/ui_overscan_correction_offset_y=0
ui/ui_overscan_correction_perct_height=1.0
ui/ui_overscan_correction_perct_width=1.0

Here's what I use on my HTPC on a EPIA M9000 at 800x600:
ui/ui_overscan_correction_offset_x=10
ui/ui_overscan_correction_offset_y=37
ui/ui_overscan_correction_perct_height=0.92
ui/ui_overscan_correction_perct_width=0.98

If you've got questions, let me know.

FYI - You need 1.2.4 Beta for this.
Old 04-07-2003, 01:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Dan,

I can't see the SageTV logo nor the time at the top of the screen.

Narflex,

This sounds exactly like what I'm looking for.. I'll try this as soon as I get home today. It's interesting to hear that you are using the same setup. I find that the x480 modes provide a sharper image though (640x480, 720x480 and 848x480).