SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 03-11-2007, 12:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

anyone make any progress with this? my system still wont update.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:42 PM
Sage User

I'm also having this problem. I went to add a couple channels last night and haven't been able to get updates since.. In sys info i also get "Next EPG Update In: 0.00hrs" WTH! tried the remove/replace channel trick to force an update also and it didn't work.

Im in Canada to so its not just US... It has to have something to do with the daylight savings no? err the cable service provider?

Oh yeah i noticed this while using SageTV 6.0.18 I believe.. So i thought maybe the new RC 6.1.4 might be the fix but nope.. 6.1.4 does the same thing

Last edited by BruenerXII; 03-11-2007 at 01:52 PM.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruenerXII View Post
I'm also having this problem. I went to add a couple channels last night and haven't been able to get updates since.. In sys info i also get "Next EPG Update In: 0.00hrs" WTH!

Im in Canada to so its not just US... It has to have something to do with the daylight savings no? err the cable service provider?
I doubt if it is the cable service provider, since folks all over the country are having the problem! But I do wonder if it is somehow connected to the DST issue? Last week I updated Windows, and updated Java and Friday evening everything looked ok, and Sage updated on schedule. Yesturday the update issue started, but this morning all of the times (Windows, Sage, Program Guide) all agree. So I don't know what is going on! I'm just glad I'm not alone!
Old 03-11-2007, 02:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwgunter View Post
I'll continue to talk to zap2it for correction.
Since you are getting EPG data via SageTV's server, then you'll have to contact SageTV about your provider missing from the list for your zip code -- see the FAQ I linked to above. This may or may not be related to the other EPG server problems.

For everyone with EPG download issues: it looks like the EPG server is having problems again today; if that is the case, you'll have to wait for someone at SageTV to check it out. Hopefully, it can get checked soon, but I can't promise when.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
..... For everyone with EPG download issues: it looks like the EPG server is having problems again today; if that is the case, you'll have to wait for someone at SageTV to check it out. Hopefully, it can get checked soon, but I can't promise when.

- Andy
OK, i have valid data thru 3/22, can we assume someone can look into this later this week?
Old 03-11-2007, 03:45 PM
Sage Icon

looks like the issue is well known, but I'll chime in anyway just for 'fun.'

installed the latest RC on the laptop today and it starts showing No Data around 3/20 8pm. My home server (6.0.19) shows data out to 3/22 730pm then blank screens after that. The laptop got its data somewhere, but not as far out as it should I think; about a day short. Both are showing next update at 0hrs, but the laptop seems to be trying more than the server. Server's last attempt was around 950am today and I can't get that to change even w/ the web server; laptop a few min ago.

Clients: HD300 x2; HD200 x2; Placeshifter

Service: EPB Fiber (1Gb); OTA (we "cut the cord"); Netflix, Hulu, etc.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:49 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Since you are getting EPG data via SageTV's server, then you'll have to contact SageTV about your provider missing from the list for your zip code -- see the FAQ I linked to above. This may or may not be related to the other EPG server problems.

- Andy
I've talked to them before and they've fixed me up. I'll use sage support from now on though. Sorry bout that.

Last edited by gwgunter; 03-12-2007 at 08:17 AM.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:18 AM
Sage User

It may help everyone (including me) if this "guide" process could be explained a little better.

Thinking out loud:
I assume XMLTV is integrated into the sage software somehow. It looks like the XMLTV standalone exe's default to ZAP2it.. Does anyone know how to change this to another guide media source?? The TVTV service is like a Denmark/European site.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Has anyone made any progress on the "next update in 0 mins" issue? as of this morning, i still cant update.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwgunter View Post
It may help everyone (including me) if this "guide" process could be explained a little better.

Thinking out loud:
I assume XMLTV is integrated into the sage software somehow. It looks like the XMLTV standalone exe's default to ZAP2it.. Does anyone know how to change this to another guide media source??
When getting EPG data from SageTV directly (the build-in EPG source), you are not using XMLTV at all -- you are connecting to SageTV's EPG servers to get the info. They pay Zap2It for that data & distribute it to their users.

However, there is a plugin to get the data from the Zap2It Data Direct service here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter scott View Post
Has anyone made any progress on the "next update in 0 mins" issue? as of this morning, i still cant update.
The SageTV EPG servers are under a heavy load at them moment due to so many SageTV systems trying to connect for an update, so it may take longer to get EPG updates over the next day or so. SageTV will be keeping a closer watch on the server to try to make sure it is working the best it can. Hopefully it will all clear up pretty soon.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
However, there is a plugin to get the data from the Zap2It Data Direct service here.
I tried to sign up for the zap2it service and it won't accept the certificate code from the setup instructions on the plugins website. I need guide data, I am missing all my shows I have only a few channels of listings and none of them are the "good" channels.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:32 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones71 View Post
I tried to sign up for the zap2it service and it won't accept the certificate code from the setup instructions on the plugins website. I need guide data, I am missing all my shows I have only a few channels of listings and none of them are the "good" channels.
I had the same issue with the certificate code. -- Check attached pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg code.JPG (56.9 KB, 242 views)

Last edited by gwgunter; 03-12-2007 at 11:50 AM.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Well I now have about 1/2 my guide data most of the important channels are here. I figured I would go back the official release again and that didn't work I reinstalled the beta and alot of guide info popped up. Don't know how but I am glad.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Finally updated around 2:15 this afternoon, yea!!! still only have data out to 3/22, but at least it is now connecting to the server.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:27 PM
Sage User

I've been connected to the SageTV server most of the time since Saturday evening. It would connect, send and receive some bytes for several minutes, disconnect, wait a few minutes, and reconnect again. It's sending about 13KB/hr to the SageTV server and receiving about 120KB/hr. The "Next EPG Update In:" was stuck at 0. Now it's at 1 hour 54 minutes. I still don't have data past 3-22 but at least it's not staying connected most of the time.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:49 PM
Sage User

Thumbs up

My EPG updated successfully a few minutes ago. I now have data to 3/25 8 PM EDT for all my channels in both my lineups.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carroll Robbins View Post
I've been connected to the SageTV server most of the time since Saturday evening. It would connect, send and receive some bytes for several minutes, disconnect, wait a few minutes, and reconnect again. It's sending about 13KB/hr to the SageTV server and receiving about 120KB/hr. The "Next EPG Update In:" was stuck at 0. Now it's at 1 hour 54 minutes. I still don't have data past 3-22 but at least it's not staying connected most of the time.
how can you tell that it was connecting and disconnecting and the data rates?
Old 03-12-2007, 10:50 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter scott View Post
how can you tell that it was connecting and disconnecting and the data rates?
I use NetLimiter 2 Monitor, a free utility from www.netlimiter.com that runs on Win2000 and above. It displays the Incoming and the Outgoing Speed for each connection. It also displays the total bytes Received and Sent for each hour for each application for the Internet and for your Local Network.

To just see the state of open connections you can use the netstats command in a cmd window.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carroll Robbins View Post
I use NetLimiter 2 Monitor, a free utility from www.netlimiter.com that runs on Win2000 and above. It displays the Incoming and the Outgoing Speed for each connection. It also displays the total bytes Received and Sent for each hour for each application for the Internet and for your Local Network.

To just see the state of open connections you can use the netstats command in a cmd window.
thanks, just got it and will use it, thanks again!
Old 03-13-2007, 05:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

tried to do an update at 6 pm in zip code 70809 and am having the same problem, again. sigh. anyone else?