SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-27-2007, 10:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

Sage recorded the wrong channel?

I've been having some strange issues with Sage lately...

Tonight, Sage recorded on the wrong channel. It had the show name correct and showed that it recorded it on the correct channel, but the show that was recorded was a CBS show, not FOX...

Another really strange issue is that FOX shows "No Signal" when going via the Program Guide (to view something on now), though we have always received this station just fine... If I go to Setup Video Sources, select my HD tuner, go to Channel Setup and hit View for these same channels, I get a good preview, so it seems to be tuning them properly...

I'm guessing that these issues are somehow related, but don't see how... Any suggestions? (I've already removed and re-added the HD tuner - same problem exists..)

This might also be related... Last night, my EPG data was missing, so I disabled all the stations and added them back to force a full EPG load, which seemed to work fine. But, I started watching an HD show that had recorded earlier and there was an issue with it.. (One of my HD tuners seems to have issues occasionally - possibly driver related, but I haven't taken the time to figure out just what).. Anyhow, since it was having a problem I checked to see if it was active - It wasn't "currently being used for LiveTV", so I removed that tuner from Sage. When watching a show that was being recorded at the time that I removed the tuner from Sage, about mid way through the recording, it changed to a different station.. This would have been about the time I removed the other HD tuner from Sage, so I'm guessing that it was using that tuner to record a show at the time.. (It wasn't being used for LiveTV, but rather a recording it seems.. I would have thought it would have shown up as being used, but anyhow..) Like I said, it seemed to switch to another tuner all of a sudden in the middle of the show... So, that could be related also... What can I do to clean up my tuner situation???
Old 02-27-2007, 11:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

I added back my HD Wonder (was already in the machine, just not in Sage). I could get any channel I tried using it, but when using the ATI 650, only a few HD channels worked... (Though, as I mentioned, the "View" button on channel setup worked fine, which makes me think it is a tuning issue).

What I've done:

I loaded the latest drivers for my ATI 650 card (released just last week), deleted the tuner from Sage, added it back, and this time I told it to scan for available channels.

When scanning, it found all my stations and I was able to get ones that previously showed as "No Signal" just perfect... Another side effect of this was that my channel numbers changed back to what they were before I reloaded windows... For example, before I reloaded Windows, my local HD Fox station was 30-1 (The SD broadcast is on channel 30, over the airwaves, so these channel numbers are closer to the SD channel number). After I reloaded Windows, this station was 32. I think 47-1 was 19, etc, etc. At one point I posted a message asking how to get these "friendly" channel numbers back, since we like the association with the broadcast channel, but no one could answer.. It looks like the right answer was just to let the tuner scan...

At any rate, I hope this is the last of the strange issues that I have with Sage...