SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 02:43 AM
Sage User

I've already explained that I expect Vista drivers for the card they sold me. If the product was end of life they should have said something so, AGAIN, I expect drivers until they CANT make drivers. If you have lower expectations that's your problem but I'll say it again, if I would have known that they weren't going to support the card for the next OS (Vista) I never would have bought it and I'll never buy anything from them again.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SME
I've already explained that I expect Vista drivers for the card they sold me. If the product was end of life they should have said something so, AGAIN, I expect drivers until they CANT make drivers. If you have lower expectations that's your problem but I'll say it again, if I would have known that they weren't going to support the card for the next OS (Vista) I never would have bought it and I'll never buy anything from them again.
I'm curious. So just when did you buy this card from Sage?

Quote:
Quote:
If you purchased a "Blackbird" bundle from our Online Store and need support, please contact us at support@sagetv.com. The Hauppauge Roslyn PVR card that ships with the "Blackbird" bundle is an OEM card and is not supported by Hauppauge's technical support team, it is supported by SageTV with regards to use with the Sage Software products.
To me that means they'll help you get it working. They support all the cards they sell. They will steer you to the manufacturer for support when that makes sense and they don't have the expertise for the problem. They certainly don't write drivers for any of the cards they sell. And if you bought the card from Newegg, PCAlchemy, etc. you would expect them to provide drivers for a discontinued, not manufactured, dead for updates card?

I have an ATI All-in-Wonder 8500.
Quote:
Note: All-in-Wonder™ boards operate with AMD Windows Vista-Ready Display Drivers under the Windows Vista Operating System. However there is currently no software application which provides TV/Capture functionality for All-in-Wonder™ boards under Windows Vista.
Oh those dirty dogs. I bought this card directly from ATI! How dare they not support my old and no longer manufactured TV tuner portion of my card under Vista.

Technology moves too fast. Count it as a lesson learned.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:40 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
I'm curious. So just when did you buy this card from Sage? Gerry
Asked and answered. If you cant READ my thread, please don't post in it. I'm not going to repeat myself again.

I don't care what it means to you, what it says is that drivers don't come from Hauppauge, they come from Sage, because it's an OEM card.

Take YOUR problem up with ATI.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

It's the price you pay for wanting to go to a brand new, completely different OS. For months (if not years), people knew that old hardware would probably not be supported in Vista. If you're not happy, don't upgrade to Vista.

Oh, and have you actually tried it under Vista? I've ran WinXP drivers under Vista without a problem. If you're too lazy to try, then don't come crying here.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:33 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelkenny
It's the price you pay for wanting to go to a brand new, completely different OS. For months (if not years), people knew that old hardware would probably not be supported in Vista. If you're not happy, don't upgrade to Vista.

Oh, and have you actually tried it under Vista? I've ran WinXP drivers under Vista without a problem. If you're too lazy to try, then don't come crying here.
Who are these "people" you speak of. Sage certainly never said Vista wouldn't be supported nor that it was "end of life."

It's not too much to expect that Vista will be supported.

I also don't care if you've tried XP drivers in Vista, I'd prefer actual Vista drivers. If the XP drivers "work" in Vista, there's NO REASON Sage couldn't write proper Vista drivers for the card they sold.

Again, nice try.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

It all comes down to profitability. You know how a business works right? If they need to write a new Vista driver to satisfy one angry customer, they incur a big expense (write the drivers, test the drivers, pass Microsoft validation, get Microsoft to sign the driver, etc) yet do not receive any revenue for it, they will of course not go ahead with writing the driver. At a certain point a company must decide between providing support for new operating systems, or stop supporting the product. By your thinking, the company will have to write drivers for Windows 2020. It's just silly. A whole bunch of manufactures have stopped writing drivers for Vista. Welcome to life.

Oh and I probably won't be visiting your thread again since I don't feel like arguing with you... I've got better things to do.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:15 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelkenny
Oh and I probably won't be visiting your thread again since I don't feel like arguing with you... I've got better things to do.
Good, you added nothing.

* Thread closed since everyone who replies is essentally being told to mind their own business. *
Closed Thread