SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-10-2007, 09:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdnttoker View Post
Did you mean 1.1.21??
Yes, that would be it
Old 09-11-2007, 11:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

This is a great tool that allows me to see if my server is recording or about to record so that I can avoid rebooting in the middle of recording.

I was wonder if it would be possible to include information/status if an extender or place shifter is playing a file? I notice that in version 2.1.8 of the web server you can see when an MVP is playing a file.

I'd love to see a colored icon indicating that an MVP is playing back a file and even better would be status about the file being played.

On the web server home page you can see:

Currently Watching:
On Sage Extender at: Main Room MVP: [XML] [WebRemote] [Power Off] [Reboot]
Secret History 0001 1.25GB Manual RecordingFirst Run TVPG

Sun, Sep 7
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM 34 - DSC logo
Stop Playback

Last edited by gexi; 09-11-2007 at 11:35 AM.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gexi View Post
I'd love to see a colored icon indicating that an MVP is playing back a file and even better would be status about the file being played.
Just out of curiosity...why do you want this feature / what would you use it for?
Old 09-11-2007, 11:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Just out of curiosity...why do you want this feature / what would you use it for?
My sage server is way off in a corner of my house. If I am planning to upgrade the server or install a new plugin, it's possible my wife might have started to play a program on one of the MVPs downstairs. Seeing the icon as a different color would let me know that the server is "in use" and I should wait to restart the server so her viewing is not interrupted. Knowing which file is being played would also help me to know not to attempt to compress it manually or archive it since it is being used.

Again, not a big deal to have, just one more nice thing.

Just the default behavior of the current sage tray and being able to see that it is in the process of recording or about to record already helps a great deal. A system recycle on my hardware takes almost 5 minutes so seeing that there are no recordings going on or about to happen lets me know I have enough time to reboot and not miss a show. Sure I could view all of this through the webserver or through the Sage app but with the limited resources on the machine it takes a long time to fire up even a web browser.

Yeah I know its time to upgrade the hardware. If nothing else it is a testament to the compatibility and resource optimization of SageTV that I am able to run it on my hardware.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I was wonder if it would be possible to include information/status if an extender or place shifter is playing a file? I notice that in version 2.1.8 of the web server you can see when an MVP is playing a file.

Hmm... It doesn't sound too difficult to do, provided I can find the XML feed. My home page doesn't have a section called "Currently Watching" - I only see feeds for "Currently Recording" and "Next Upcoming Recordings". Maybe this is because my version of Sage doesn't have a placeshifter license?

We can try to get the feature added anyway if you could send me two pieces of information:
1) The address for the Currently Watching XML feed (just right click the XML button, if there is one, and click properties)
2) A sample feed that I can debug with

You can email me at k10ck3r@hotmail.com and I will see what I can do ...

UPDATE: Never mind. I just had to switch from using the service to using the client and I can see the feed now. The address I see is this: /sage/Home?xml=currplaying&context=SAGETV_PROCESS_LOCAL_UI

Can you confirm if this the same or if it is different when files are played back using your placeshifter?

Last edited by k10ck3r; 09-17-2007 at 08:13 PM.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

The link only shows up if a file is in process of playing on the MVP.

Mine is a little different for a MVP Client:

/sage/Home?xml=currplaying&context=000cfe0033f5

The context here is the MAC address of my MVP client. I don't have a PC placeshifter available to see what that address is at the current moment.

Let me know if there is anything else I can provide, thanks for looking into this!
Old 09-19-2007, 09:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Let me know if there is anything else I can provide, thanks for looking into this!
Ok, so I ended up pursuing a change that I have had in mind for some time, which is to remove dependency on the getStatus plugin (and rely exclusively on the webserver plugin). This simplifies the setup, which I think most users would like, and makes it easier to add your requested feature. The changes are mostly complete, and I am in the middle of testing.

I would like to send you an advance copy for testing, just to make sure it works with your setup. Do you have an email address that I can send the file to? You can let me know at k10ck3r@hotmail.com

Thanks.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by k10ck3r View Post
Ok, so I ended up pursuing a change that I have had in mind for some time, which is to remove dependency on the getStatus plugin (and rely exclusively on the webserver plugin). This simplifies the setup, which I think most users would like, and makes it easier to add your requested feature. The changes are mostly complete, and I am in the middle of testing.

I would like to send you an advance copy for testing, just to make sure it works with your setup. Do you have an email address that I can send the file to? You can let me know at k10ck3r@hotmail.com

Thanks.
Done, you should have some email. Thanks so much for looking into this.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Version 1.2.0 posted

Ok, a major update has been posted. Version 1.2.0 removes the need for the GetStatus plugin (which simplifies setup requirements for SageTray since only one plugin is required now), and adds support for reporting MVP client playing status.

This release also has an enable/disable control for Sage Web links (control is located on the Plugin configuration tab). Some users reported that the context menu links didn't work when the WebServer plugin was configured to use a username and password. It turns out that IE7 security updates have disabled the ability of external programs to launch IE7 with a username and password. The workaround is to disable the auto-login feature so that the user can still log in manually.

Special thanks goes to Gexi, who helped debug the MVP status feature.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Ok, a major update has been posted. Version 1.2.0 removes the need for the GetStatus plugin (which simplifies setup requirements for SageTray since only one plugin is required now), and adds support for reporting MVP client playing status.
Hrm...I like the release.

I have noticed that sometimes the "MVP Currently Playing" status will stay active (green icon w/mouseover bubble) even after I soft-power off the MVP.

Once I open up the Webserver through the tray app. though, the tray app. finally updates itself and shows that no show is being played.

Not sure how to debug this one since you don't have an MVP though...let me know if you need anything.

-Dan
Old 09-26-2007, 01:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I have noticed that sometimes the "MVP Currently Playing" status will stay active (green icon w/mouseover bubble) even after I soft-power off the MVP.

Once I open up the Webserver through the tray app. though, the tray app. finally updates itself and shows that no show is being played.
Odd....mine refreshes the not playing status of my MVP shortly after it stops playing. My poll rate is set to 15 seconds, is yours set to something different?

k10ck3r - Thanks a million for adding this feature. Now I won't have to deal with the negative WAF that comes from restarting the server in the middle of her watching a show.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Odd....mine refreshes the not playing status of my MVP shortly after it stops playing. My poll rate is set to 15 seconds, is yours set to something different?
That's certainly possible...I'll check that when I get home and report back.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Happened again tonight...although, there is at least one unique fact about my setup.

I have the SageTray app. running on a multi-user windows box on two accounts at once (fast user switching)...not sure if there are some race conditions or permissions issues with the new way of getting info. w/o using the GetStatus plugin...

Gexi-
The config. has two boxes for poll rate, what's the diff.? Mine are currently set to 30 and 2.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Gexi-
The config. has two boxes for poll rate, what's the diff.? Mine are currently set to 30 and 2.
k10ck3r can correct me if I am wrong but I believe the first value is how often it polls for status and the second value is how often it polls for errors.

Sorry to hear about it not updating. My system has a single user for all the services and I haven't tried running multiple copies. What happens if you only run it for one user, does it update correctly then?
Old 09-28-2007, 06:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

The first value is how often it refreshes schedule information. The second value is how often it tries to reconnect when an error is encountered (such as when the service is shut down and then restarted)
Old 09-29-2007, 12:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Hrm...I like the release.

Not sure how to debug this one since you don't have an MVP though...let me know if you need anything.

-Dan
Does it only update correctly after opening the webserver, or will it also update by clicking the tray icon?
Old 09-29-2007, 01:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Does it only update correctly after opening the webserver, or will it also update by clicking the tray icon?
looks like it also updates properly by clicking the icon (but not hovering)
Old 09-29-2007, 08:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok, one thing that was changed over the last few releases has to do with status updates while a popup is active. It was changed so that status updates are not performed while the popup is being shown. In this case, any status changes that occur while a popup is being displayed is shown after the currently displayed popup fades out, or after the user clicks the icon. Do you think that this might be the cause of what you are seeing? I could change it back if this is a problem... I changed it just to minimize unnecessary activity - or at least, what I thought was unnecessary

Last edited by k10ck3r; 09-29-2007 at 08:09 PM.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Ok, one thing that was changed over the last few releases has to do with status updates while a popup is active. It was changed so that status updates are not performed while the popup is being shown. In this case, any status changes that occur while a popup is being displayed is shown after the currently displayed popup fades out, or after the user clicks the icon. Do you think that this might be the cause of what you are seeing? I could change it back if this is a problem... I changed it just to minimize unnecessary activity - or at least, what I thought was unnecessary
If you want to send me a copy with that change, i will see if that fixes the problem....
Old 09-30-2007, 10:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
If you want to send me a copy with that change, i will see if that fixes the problem....
Ok, I have a new build ready which doesn't block popup updates while the popup is active (this build also includes a new feature as well). If you'd like to test it, just let me know what email address to send it to. You can reach me at k10ck3r@hotmail.com.

New feature info:
New column on right side of popup with [?]. Clicking this launches the Detailed Info web page for the selected row. Also updated about screen (added a couple new rows of instruction for popup double-click as well as the [?] click).