SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-15-2007, 02:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTuckman View Post
1TB at this point. A lot of the shows that it is recording are set up to only store a few episodes, so the oldest just keep being deleted.
LOL, Yeah, isn't it funny when you first set that up, thinking, I'll never fill 1TB?! I thought that when I setup my 1.5TB, and it's hovering at only about 128GB free! Having 500GB of Modern Marvels (223 shows) doesn't help...
Old 04-16-2007, 12:22 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM View Post
This utility doesn't work with Windows Vista. The tray icon complain that : "Error encountered Retrieving_WebServer_Info".

Note: I'm sure it's not a SageTV problem, my SageTV server is on a XP computer and using SageTray from a XP computer to this server is working perfectly.

Regards,
Stéphane.
I am getting this error and I am sure the login and setup is correct... anything else I can try?
Old 04-16-2007, 05:25 AM
Sage Icon

Has anyone else noticed that SageTray consumes an enormous amount of memory when left to run for serveral days at a time? I have re-start it every couple days beause it has started using over 1GB of memory.

dave
Old 04-16-2007, 04:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by k10ck3r View Post
Sure thing. I'll check into it. I think it's probably not too difficult to fix (a unicode vs. standard ascii problem). It would be helpful if you could send me an XML feed of some shows with the special characters. (Go into Web server and click the XML button at the top of the schedule. Save the output to a file and send it to k10ck3r@hotmail.com.). Thanks.
OK, Thanks! I have sent you email!
Old 04-16-2007, 08:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV View Post
Has anyone else noticed that SageTray consumes an enormous amount of memory when left to run for serveral days at a time? I have re-start it every couple days beause it has started using over 1GB of memory.

dave
I haven't seen this personally - mine seems to stay at about 25 MB. Since the .NET framework is responsible for the garbage collection of memory, I wonder if perhaps the .NET installation is having issues. What versions are you running? (.NET, SageTray, webserver). I'll take a closer look and see if I can find anything. Maybe other people have experienced this too - if so, hopefully we can find a common reason for the issue.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Just posted version 1.1.13. This adds the ability to limit the number of rows displayed in the recording schedule popup.
Sweet... Works like a charm!

Thanks!
Old 04-20-2007, 11:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Version 1.1.15 posted

Just posted version 1.1.15.
- Corrects a problem where special characters were not being displayed properly in the recordings schedule popup.
- Indicates when the number of rows being displayed is limited due to the max rows preference setting.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm currently having a problem where SageTray no longer sees the upcoming shows.

It doesn't seem to have a problem connecting...but as you can see from the attached screenshot, it fails to show the 3 upcoming shows for recording tonight.

Any log's to check anywhere?

Running Nielm's Webserver 2.14 and SageTray 1.1.15.

Thanks,
Dan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sageTray1.JPG (228.0 KB, 411 views)
Old 05-08-2007, 09:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdnttoker View Post
I'm currently having a problem where SageTray no longer sees the upcoming shows.

It doesn't seem to have a problem connecting...but as you can see from the attached screenshot, it fails to show the 3 upcoming shows for recording tonight.

Any log's to check anywhere?

Running Nielm's Webserver 2.14 and SageTray 1.1.15.

Thanks,
Dan
SageTray uses the XML feed from this page to generate the popup listing. I would first check the XML feed to see if it is empty (by clicking the XML button at the top of the web page). If it is not empty, then please send me a copy of the feed so that I can test it - maybe there is a bug somewhere in the xml parse logic. You can email the xml feed to k10ck3r@hotmail.com.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is anyone having a problem with connecting to the sagetv webserver when its running in SSL mode? I am running ver. 1.15 of sagetray and the latest webserver. I enabled SSL on the webserver and the plugin would no longer connect. I made sure the sagetray was set to connect to port 443 and had my username and password correct.

I found a workaround which works fine for now. I installed Stunnel in client mode on the server and set it up to accept nonencrypted connections on 8080, encrypt them and send them to port 443. I updated the plugin to connect to 8080 on the server and it now works using stunnel.

A cool side effect is that I can now connect to the webserver plugin on my LAN on port 8080 unencrypted or 443 encrypted from my web browser.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

1.1.16 posted

Just posted version 1.1.16 - minor update that fixes a problem generated when the tray icon is double clicked (was creating 2x entries in the schedule popup.) I will be looking into adding ssl support next...
Old 06-01-2007, 08:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I will be looking into adding ssl support next...
Thank you!!!
Old 06-02-2007, 02:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Help setting up SSL

Ok, I am trying to configure Nielm's webserver to use SSL (so that I can add support to SageTray), but I have been unsuccessful so far. Hopefully I am just missing something simple. I am using webserver version 2.15 and followed the instructions on the wiki here to set it up (I used the default certificate settings): http://tools.assembla.com/sageplugins/wiki/WebserverSsl

After configuring the settings and restarting the Sage service, the server seems to be ignoring the "use_ssl=true" flag as well as the "ssl_args=" settings. If "use_ssl" is set to true, https connections do not work, but regular http connections do work (which shouldn't if SSL is working - right?). I am currently just testing via Firefox and IE.

Any ideas? Hopefully some of you that are currently using SSL successfully can help me out. Thanks.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Any ideas? Hopefully some of you that are currently using SSL successfully can help me out. Thanks.
For a start here is the relevant section of my properties file, running on Sage server in service mode:

nielm/webserver/aliases_file=aliases.properties
nielm/webserver/backlog=
nielm/webserver/bind_address=
nielm/webserver/cgibin_dir=cgi-bin
nielm/webserver/charset=UTF-8
nielm/webserver/enableSageEncoderOpts=false
nielm/webserver/enable_gzip_encoding=true
nielm/webserver/log_access=false
nielm/webserver/log_referrer=false
nielm/webserver/log_user_agent=false
nielm/webserver/port=443
nielm/webserver/realms_file=realms.properties
nielm/webserver/root=webserver
nielm/webserver/rss_ttl_mins=360
nielm/webserver/sage_recordings_includes_archived_files=true
nielm/webserver/servlets_file=servlets.properties
nielm/webserver/session_timeout=
nielm/webserver/ssl_args=-keystoreFile .keystore
nielm/webserver/throttles_file=throttles.properties
nielm/webserver/use_ssl=true

The most complex part of the setup for me was creating the .keystore file. I followed Niel's instructions carefully and was able to get it working. You will need to create your own .keystore file with your corresponding password info. Of course, you have to put it in the right place too which in my case is: C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV!

I am glad to test and will try to help if you have questions on the config that I can answer.

Lynn
Old 06-02-2007, 04:49 PM
Sage User

i can't get it to connect to the webserver when i launch it fron the context menu. it opens IE7, but does not load a page. there is no URL in the address bar and the tab just says, "Connecting..." i am using the latest plugins etc... in XP.

webserver works by itself, http://127.0.0.1:8088/sage/Home.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellweber View Post
For a start here is the relevant section of my properties file, running on Sage server in service mode:

Lynn
Aha! The trick was placing the .keystore file in the SageTv directory instead of leaving it under c:\documents and settings\... Thanks! Now I can get some work done.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeeZy View Post
i can't get it to connect to the webserver when i launch it fron the context menu. it opens IE7, but does not load a page. there is no URL in the address bar and the tab just says, "Connecting..." i am using the latest plugins etc... in XP.

webserver works by itself, http://127.0.0.1:8088/sage/Home.
Is this a problem with just the context menu launcher, or is the tray app also not able to retrieve schedule information?
Old 06-02-2007, 05:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Aha! The trick was placing the .keystore file in the SageTv directory instead of leaving it under c:\documents and settings\... Thanks! Now I can get some work done.
Great, glad you are under way!
Old 06-02-2007, 10:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellweber View Post
Great, glad you are under way!
I have a new build that seems to work on my end. If you'd like to test it with your setup, please let me know how to send the file to you. You can reach me at this email address: k10ck3r@hotmail.com
Old 06-04-2007, 09:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Version 1.1.17 posted

Just posted version 1.1.17. This one adds SSL support for those of you running the WebServer over SSL. There is a new checkbox on the "Plugin Setup" tab for enabling SSL support for the WebServer plugin.