SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-14-2007, 05:58 AM

Sage taking forever to load

I have been using Sage for about a year without a problem. Butabout two weeks ago, whenever Sage starts up it sits on "Object Database is initializing" for about 6-8 minutes. After that delay, it starts up fine and I'm having no other problems.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:37 AM
Administrator

Did you add a lot of imported media around that time? Do you have a lot more channels and/or favorites? Did you extend the scheduling look-ahead time? Other changes?

You could always enable debug logging to see what it says it is doing during startup.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have a similar problem now. I had just upgraded to v6.3 from v5 and the first thing I noticed was that v6.3 was taking quite a long time in "Initializing Object Database", Not quite as long as the OP with 6-8 minutes but about 90 seconds.

The version I upgraded from would load in a flash, there was virtually no delay

edit: Oh and I do have stuff in my logs showing whats going on. I am seeing a long list of

"Now using external format detector..."
"FORMATERROR UNABLE TO PARSE FILE TYPE FOR FILE: \\server\video\SomeVideo.avi"

Which are all videos from my Imported Video library. But it's a subset of all my videos, it does nto do it for every one. Between each of those is about 3-4 seconds in time so all added up it's taking voer a minute

What's it trying to do?

Last edited by vorius; 01-21-2008 at 04:34 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have now also run into this...

I am running version 6.3.10. All I did was add a second Hauppauge PVR150 and then after that, it is taking FOR EVER, like 10 minutes, to load.

I uninstalled completely, reinstalled, configured and it was loading SUPER fast. After copying my wiz.bin back in place, SLOW...
Old 06-26-2008, 04:04 AM
SageTVaholic

It sounds like an issue of a corrupt file. You'll have to, by trial and error or reading the logs, determine the offending file and remove it. Either enable debugging and check the logs or remove all your directories from the Sage detailed setup and add them back in one by one. Determine the directory then determine the file.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Well, I fiddled around for a while and used the debug option so I could see what was going on.

What I found was interesting. Files in the video library (Not recordings) that previously were recognized, were no longer recognized as a valid video file. So, what I had to do was remove the drive mapping to the location in question because editing it out of the sage.properties file was not enough to stop it from scanning the directories in question.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:07 PM
Sage User

Slow loading here too.

A few weeks ago Vista started taking at least twice as long to load. Since SageTV 4 was the last thing to load, it's likely what is taking so long. There seems to be a pattern emerging.

Then this morning when I started up, a SageTV box came up that never came up in the over 4 years I"ve used SageTV. The box forced me to reconfigure SageTV from scratch. Only it would not register any channels from my Dish Network source. It said it was downloading the channel lineup, but my modem showed no activity and I left it running for hours and still no channels. SageTV is effectively out of commission and I'd really like to know what is going on.

On a sidenote, all the video I"ve recorded the last 24 hours had been choppy. This has never happened before either. Something in definitely wrong here. I have added no new software or hardware recently that could effect this.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:13 AM
SageTVaholic

You might have a piece of hardware going bad like the drive or controller. Or check for a virus.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.