SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-12-2007, 09:11 PM
Sage User

Schedule Recordings Stopped Working

... so I was able to fix the full screen and minimize to tray issues ... and now I can't record anything ... if I schedule in browse mode, nothing i select to record sticks (no red box surrounds the item and nothing records) ... similarly if i select something from the program guide to record nothing sticks ...

aargh!
Old 02-12-2007, 09:41 PM
Administrator

What type of EPG data are you using -- the built-in data provided by SageTV, or an XMLTV importer?

If you enable debug logging, the log might contain some info about the problem.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:28 AM
Sage User

More details ...

I'm using XMLTV ... I see the programs in the program guide quite well ... and can search for programs to record ...

... but the problem is probably related to the fact that the directory where i store my movies is no longer showing up in the Video Recording Directories ... and SageTV will not allow me to add any directories (just shows the folder Network and clicking on the Network folder icon only gets me a grey rounded box with the word Network in it -- clicking or double clicking on this grey rounded box gets me nowhere).

also ... i can't add to the Media Center Import Directories.

double-aargh!
Old 02-13-2007, 11:37 AM
Administrator

It sounds like you've either switched to service mode or else you don't have permission to access those network locations.

If you are using service mode, note that you have to configure the service to run as a user with a password in order for it to be able to access network locations. And, it can't access mapped driver letters, but it can access network locations via UNC paths.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:50 PM
Sage User

Thx for the prompt reply ... yes indeed

... I did run SageTVServiceControl.exe when I was trying to resolve my early "minimize to tray" issue. Well miraculously I can now see the directory \\39d25a1e02\Movie32 (F)\Sage Downloads in the Add a Video Recording Directory dialog box (no changes on my part except maybe a reboot in between) ... but when I chose "Select Current" it takes me to the Set Video Recording Directory Space Rule where I "Accept this Rule" ... and then nothing shows up in the Video Recording Directories listing.

BTW, I indeed did set up the Service using my standard windows uc/pw -- which has administrator privileges.

Help!
Old 02-13-2007, 02:06 PM
Administrator

If that user has permission to access the network locations in Windows Explorer, then check the debug log that I mentioned above & see if support sees a problem in the log when you do what you've described.

- Andy
Old 02-13-2007, 10:32 PM
Sage User

System crashed and I had to use an old image to restore ...

... and the problem didn't exist at that point in time. So I guess it's fixed for now ... but not very assuring.

rgds